New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    edited April 2018
    That lemon meringue yogurt sounds amazing! And I just tried Annie's Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks (not a new product but new to me), and they are sooo good! I tried strawberry, grape, and tropical (the tropical was my least favorite, which surprised me since I thought it'd be my most favorite), and they taste like real fruit and have a nice chewy texture. They hit the spot and satisfy that craving for gummies, which I admit is a hardcore addiction for me. I recommend them highly as a 70 calorie sweet treat.

I've found I love any and all of the Annie's products. I'm not one that dives into the "I must buy all organic, non-GMO products!!!" mindset, but I have tried their crackers, cookies and mac & cheese. All delightful, though not something I'll buy on a regular basis.

~Lyssa
  • kellymccrea1
    kellymccrea1 Posts: 50 Member
    So I had my Talenti vanilla cinnamon less sugar pint last night. Didn’t take pictures because we had the lights off watching TV. I was underwhelmed. It wasn’t bad, but I won’t repurchase. The base tasted like both vanilla and cinnamon, but not enough of either. I felt it was too bland with not enough of the swirl. The cinnamon swirl was pretty good. It was like the yummy cinnamon goo that is inside cinnamon rolls. The bites that had that in it were good. I found myself trying to eat the base up and save the goo for the end so I would feel satisfied. Not a repurchase. I have never had Talenti at all, so I was expecting better. I’m assuming their full sugar/fat pints are better, but I don’t moderate well, so I won’t be finding out!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    So I had my Talenti vanilla cinnamon less sugar pint last night. Didn’t take pictures because we had the lights off watching TV. I was underwhelmed. It wasn’t bad, but I won’t repurchase. The base tasted like both vanilla and cinnamon, but not enough of either. I felt it was too bland with not enough of the swirl. The cinnamon swirl was pretty good. It was like the yummy cinnamon goo that is inside cinnamon rolls. The bites that had that in it were good. I found myself trying to eat the base up and save the goo for the end so I would feel satisfied. Not a repurchase. I have never had Talenti at all, so I was expecting better. I’m assuming their full sugar/fat pints are better, but I don’t moderate well, so I won’t be finding out!

I love Talenti. I haven't tried the low calorie pints because the flavors don't interest me at all.

Speaking of low calorie pints, On Second Scoop is totally trashing the B&J low calorie ice creams.

Meh. I'll just stick to regular ice cream when I'm really in the mood for it (still might try the new Artic Zero if I find them, if it's on sale, and if it doesn't taste of artificial sweeteners).
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Meh. I'll just stick to regular ice cream when I'm really in the mood for it (still might try the new Artic Zero if I find them, if it's on sale, and if it doesn't taste of artificial sweeteners).

I've tried the new cookie & brownie dough Arctic Zero and wasn't impressed. I usually like almost anything I eat (hence why I was so big in the past) and thought it didn't taste like much - was too subdued. Definitely prefer Enlightened or Halo Top!

I still want to try the Skinny Cow pints - has anyone had them?
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »

I've tried the new cookie & brownie dough Arctic Zero and wasn't impressed. I usually like almost anything I eat (hence why I was so big in the past) and thought it didn't taste like much - was too subdued. Definitely prefer Enlightened or Halo Top!

I still want to try the Skinny Cow pints - has anyone had them?

Skinny Cow rocky road is awesome - love it and it's my favorite of all the low calorie ice cream I've had. I also tried the oh fudge cookie one and wasn't that impressed and won't buy it again. My other favorite right now is the Chilly Cow brownie batter.
  • Kalex1975
    busyPK wrote: »
    Skinny Cow rocky road is awesome - love it and it's my favorite of all the low calorie ice cream I've had. I also tried the oh fudge cookie one and wasn't that impressed and won't buy it again. My other favorite right now is the Chilly Cow brownie batter.

Thanks, I was going to buy the oh fudge cookie flavor - will try the rocky road first now!

I like that Chilly Cow has 1/2 pint sizes. Once a pint is opened I always finish it (I'm an all or nothing guy)! They don't have it available in my usual stores, I will have to make a special trip for it. I will need to give the brownie batter flavor a try.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member

I love Talenti. I haven't tried the low calorie pints because the flavors don't interest me at all.

Speaking of low calorie pints, On Second Scoop is totally trashing the B&J low calorie ice creams.

Honestly the only Arctic Zero Light pints I suggest getting is the toffee crunch or the mint chocolate chip; the others aren’t as impressive. I think you’ll really like it though, they don’t use any artificial sweeteners whatsoever!
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Tried the Enlightened Cold Brew the other night! It was very tasty and creamy which I liked, and I loved how strong the coffee flavor was especially compared to Halo Top's Caramel Macchiato. Personally I think it would have been AMAZING if they'd added some dark chocolate or espresso chips, I was really wanting some sort of mix in while I was eating it. Will definitely buy again though!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    Tried the Enlightened Cold Brew the other night! It was very tasty and creamy which I liked, and I loved how strong the coffee flavor was especially compared to Halo Top's Caramel Macchiato. Personally I think it would have been AMAZING if they'd added some dark chocolate or espresso chips, I was really wanting some sort of mix in while I was eating it. Will definitely buy again though!

Aaaaaaand now I'm out. :p
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    I bought the Chilly Cow cookies and cream,tastes pretty good but of course I always want more cookies bits >:)
  • hgycta
    After writing to skinny cow they sent me two free ice cream pint coupons! Which should I try o:?
  • hgycta
    How long has this been a thing???? Has anyone tried it? If so, is it good and where did you find it???? I’ve never seen it before!
    03w5i96xkpgr.png
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    How long has this been a thing???? Has anyone tried it? If so, is it good and where did you find it???? I’ve never seen it before!
    03w5i96xkpgr.png

Sweet nails
  • hgycta
    Wingsont84 wrote: »
    03w5i96xkpgr.png

Sweet nails

They're actually not mine, I stole this picture from Jeffree Star's snapchat XD I don't know why the heck I follow him, but I do, and my nails never look nearly that perfect :')
  • Kalex1975
    busyPK wrote: »

Just finished a pint of the Skinny Cow Rock On Rocky Road and agree, it is awesome! I’m usually not a fan of nuts in my ice cream because they usually lose their crunch, but these were nice and crunchy and I really enjoyed them. There was a decent amount of mini marshmallows and the chocolate base was nice.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    I think i've officially converted from halo top to chilly cow. I love that they come in half pints. The swirls are so good. I realized that how much more I like it because halo top was also on sale and cheaper... and I still got chilly cow. If i ever hanker for pancakes and waffles or birthday cake flavor though, halo top is still my go to!
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    After writing to skinny cow they sent me two free ice cream pint coupons! Which should I try o:?

@hgycta just wondering What do you write to these companies to get free stuff?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    afz294l7myoy.jpg

Is this still in stores?
  • hgycta
    orangegato wrote: »

@hgycta just wondering What do you write to these companies to get free stuff?

Honestly I just write and ask them if they have any coupons because I never tried their products before but they sound really good. I mention my addiction to their competitors like Halo Top and Enlightened and admit that it’s hard to justify spending around $5 on a new brand and I never see them go on sale! You’d be surprised, companies are usually more than happy to send coupons simply for writing to them (and by writing I’m not talking about handwritten letters or anything - I go to the “Contact Us” section on their website). For Skinny Cow I did this and got free coupons for two pints, and one coupon for 75 cents off a pint. But I also wrote to Sweet Habit just to say I liked their ice cream and recommended a cotton candy flavor and they also sent me a coupon for one quart sized container and one coupon for 75 cents off, just like that! It turns out, both of these companies are owned by Nestle, and their processes/responses seemed very automatic so you should definitely have no problem scoring a coupon if you send them a simple message, even just to say hi!

I even wrote to Monster Caffe to ask where else they sell their bottled coffees and I wrote that I adored their vanilla flavored bottled coffee. Guess what? Free coupon! Nothing negative, and nothing to suggest I owned an influential blog or anything (which I don’t)!

afz294l7myoy.jpg

Is this still in stores?

YES. I see it all the time in Shoprite and Target, and it’s still the only cereal I have a really bad addiction to! It’s soooooo good!!!!