New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    e41scvg1349z.jpg

FINALLY. I snagged some Pancakes and Waffles right after Halo Top hit Canada and I have been out of luck since, but this week I found Birthday Cake and Mint Chip and bought six of each, and they're basically everything I hoped from a pint of ice cream under 400 calories. So good!

What's the anniversary flavor all about?
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Okay, my searching this giant thread is not working. I know people have tried the Ben & Jerry's low-cal pints. What was the consensus? Any flavors worth it?

Also, has anyone tried the Yasso pints?

I've tried the Ben and Jerry's low cal PB Dough and LOVE IT. Haven't tried the other two low calorie pints yet because every time I tell myself I'm going to I get to the ice cream isle I pick up the PB Dough instead, haha. Even convincing myself to try ice cream from a different brand leads me to the Ben and Jerry's cooler, just can't help it!! Definitely give them a shot!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    e41scvg1349z.jpg

FINALLY. I snagged some Pancakes and Waffles right after Halo Top hit Canada and I have been out of luck since, but this week I found Birthday Cake and Mint Chip and bought six of each, and they're basically everything I hoped from a pint of ice cream under 400 calories. So good!

It's just the French side of the label..."gateau d'anniversaire" is French for "Birthday Cake". Everything in Canada gets bilingual labelling.
  • peleroja
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    e41scvg1349z.jpg

And you hadn't tried those flavors yet? Wow, quite daring.....

Couldn't risk never seeing it again since they have sold out the second they hit shelves basically everywhere and I only got these at the fifth store I checked that day, across the city from my normal part of town. Those are generally two of my favourite ice cream flavours so I wasn't too concerned since I tried the Pancakes and Waffles flavour and it was good and I didn't mind the texture or sweetener taste.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options
    e41scvg1349z.jpg

It's just the French side of the label..."gateau d'anniversaire" is French for "Birthday Cake". Everything in Canada gets bilingual labelling.

What a great way to learn another language. :)
  • peleroja
    Options
    e41scvg1349z.jpg

What a great way to learn another language. :)

All anglophone Canadian kids are well-versed in every French word that might appear on a cereal box or shampoo bottle... :grin: Sometimes it's the only French we end up speaking, but if you ever need to know what "flocons d'avoine" or "cheveux brillants" are, we're your people :lol::lol: I'm sure francophone kids are the same in Quebec, but by and large they end up having to use English more proficiently than anglo kids west of Ottawa do French, so I won't poke as much fun at them.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Enter to win free Halo Top, AND suggest a new flavor: https://www.halotop.com/giveaway

Here's your chance everyone. Help me get cotton candy's voice heard. Or carrot cake. Or more coffee inspired flavors like vanilla latte, peppermint mocha, hazelnut macchiato, etc.

Or heck, you all have mentioned incredibly good sounding ideas before! Let's get something less generic for a change that we fall heads over heels for!

Thanks! I suggested Cereal Milk!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    To whoever posted about the enlightened movie night flavor earlier in this thread. Thank you! I got it and I love it. I got a buy one get one free coupon and I have stocked up on a bunch of enlightened flavors since then and like the ones I have tried so far. Buying the bananas foster and oatmeal cookie crunch tomorrow. My freezer is so full. Much better than halo top. Thank you thank you thank you!
  • melissa6771
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    My boyfriend surprised me with this but won’t tell me where he found it! It’s truly everything I was hoping it’d be and more. I HIGHLY recommend it!
    yeuilc464fnn.jpeg
    96kaylb1ffkr.jpeg

That would get me in some serious trouble. I love cereal!

I think it might've been you that posted the enlightened movie night? If so, see my post above
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Okay, my searching this giant thread is not working. I know people have tried the Ben & Jerry's low-cal pints. What was the consensus? Any flavors worth it?

On Second Scoop totally destroyed the two low cal B&J pints that they tried.

http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2018/04/ben-jerrys-caramel-cookie-fix-ice-cream.html#more
    http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2018/03/ben-jerrys-pb-dough-moo-phoria-light.html

So... I dunno.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options

I've tried the Ben and Jerry's low cal PB Dough and LOVE IT. Haven't tried the other two low calorie pints yet because every time I tell myself I'm going to I get to the ice cream isle I pick up the PB Dough instead, haha. Even convincing myself to try ice cream from a different brand leads me to the Ben and Jerry's cooler, just can't help it!! Definitely give them a shot!

Thanks! I’m going to pick one up next time they’re on sale.

Anyone tried this yet? Just saw it at HEB.

ssulm358v7r3.jpeg

• Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

On Second Scoop totally destroyed the two low cal B&J pints that they tried.

http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2018/04/ben-jerrys-caramel-cookie-fix-ice-cream.html#more
    http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2018/03/ben-jerrys-pb-dough-moo-phoria-light.html

So... I dunno.

Hmm, the pb dough one sounded like the reviewer just didn’t care for the specific flavor profiles. The way s/he described wanting a sweet pb flavor is completely opposite to what I’d prefer, so I think I might be daring and try one anyway... when it’s on sale.
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    love on second scoop....I can't go the day without ice cream or frozen yogurt!
  • melissa6771
    Options
    Enlightened Ice Cream is bomb. I've tried four flavors so far and loved them all. Marshmallow Peanut Butter was one of them, and I agree -- the marshmallow taste does disappear the more you eat it, lol. I guess our tongue goes numb to the flavor? The peanut butter is very nice indeed. I doubt I'll ever go back to Halo Top. It's so icy and chemical tasting. I tried some of the new Arctic Zero flavors, and while I like them better than the old formulas, it still doesn't top Enlightened for me.

Has anyone seen No Pudge Brownie Mix in stores? I had it over ten years ago and suddenly remembered how great it was, lol. Fudgy, low cal brownies! But I can't seem to find it in stores anymore!

Where did you find the marshmallow peanut butter? I have been searching everywhere for it!
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 580 Member
    Options

Ben and Jerry's light PB dough was the best of the bunch - not as good as regular ice cream, but good enough if you only have enough calories for the lower calorie stuff. The chocolate milk and cookies flavor was the worst, very artificial tasting and the mix-ins were quite bland. Not a pint that I'd buy again. Caramel Cookie Fix was decent, in the middle between the two, though the ice cream base was a bit bland as were the mix-ins. The pints were basically like regular non premium ice cream quality. A lot of air whipped into them so not on the same level as regular Ben and Jerry's, and you could taste the "light" ice cream flavor. I'd only buy the PB dough again, personally.

I've also tried most of the Yasso pints. I'm enjoying them for the most part - they're pretty creamy, and not icy like some frozen yogurts can get. I'd stick with the more vanilla based type pints (party animal, coconut caramel, etc.) as they were more successful. The least successful in my opinion were the coffee brownie, chocolate peanut butter, and mint. Those flavors just didn't seem to work well with the natural tartness of yogurt.