New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Not a new product but new to me: Trader Joe's Meatless Chicken Tenders. Absolutely delicious, and they honestly taste like chicken. They're not a great calorie deal; you get four measly tenders for around 200 calories. But I really liked them, and I'm always up for experimenting! I drizzled some Frank's Hot Sauce on them, crisped them up in the oven for fifteen minutes, then diced them up in a bowl of baby spinach, carrots, peppers, celery, croutons, and honey mustard dressing. Totally satisfied that loaded buffalo chicken salad from restaurants craving. Except mine was healthier :)

Do you happen to know the sodium is? Thanks.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Enlightened Ice Cream is bomb. I've tried four flavors so far and loved them all. Marshmallow Peanut Butter was one of them, and I agree -- the marshmallow taste does disappear the more you eat it, lol. I guess our tongue goes numb to the flavor? The peanut butter is very nice indeed. I doubt I'll ever go back to Halo Top. It's so icy and chemical tasting. I tried some of the new Arctic Zero flavors, and while I like them better than the old formulas, it still doesn't top Enlightened for me.

Has anyone seen No Pudge Brownie Mix in stores? I had it over ten years ago and suddenly remembered how great it was, lol. Fudgy, low cal brownies! But I can't seem to find it in stores anymore!

Where did you find the marshmallow peanut butter? I have been searching everywhere for it!

Enlightened has this chart thing, which pretty much means I won’t be trying the S’mores or Glazed Donut for a very long time most likely .-. They said it isn’t final though and will change in the future, but it’s a guide for the time being
    xn67cn46uyfe.jpeg
    shira324 wrote: »
    Cool Whip Oreo Mix-Ins. SO GOOD. Tastes like frosting. 35 cals for 2 tablespoons. But I could eat the entire container.

2qgk2wgmbcet.jpg

I’ve only heard positive things about that... but I don’t trust myself! Do you eat it frozen or do you let it thaw and then use it as frosting?
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Enlightened Ice Cream is bomb. I've tried four flavors so far and loved them all. Marshmallow Peanut Butter was one of them, and I agree -- the marshmallow taste does disappear the more you eat it, lol. I guess our tongue goes numb to the flavor? The peanut butter is very nice indeed. I doubt I'll ever go back to Halo Top. It's so icy and chemical tasting. I tried some of the new Arctic Zero flavors, and while I like them better than the old formulas, it still doesn't top Enlightened for me.

Has anyone seen No Pudge Brownie Mix in stores? I had it over ten years ago and suddenly remembered how great it was, lol. Fudgy, low cal brownies! But I can't seem to find it in stores anymore!

Where did you find the marshmallow peanut butter? I have been searching everywhere for it!

Enlightened has this chart thing, which pretty much means I won’t be trying the S’mores or Glazed Donut for a very long time most likely .-. They said it isn’t final though and will change in the future, but it’s a guide for the time being
    xn67cn46uyfe.jpeg
    Cool Whip Oreo Mix-Ins. SO GOOD. Tastes like frosting. 35 cals for 2 tablespoons. But I could eat the entire container.

2qgk2wgmbcet.jpg

I’ve only heard positive things about that... but I don’t trust myself! Do you eat it frozen or do you let it thaw and then use it as frosting?

Yes, i saw that chart on Facebook. It's not accurate though because those places are not where I've found any of it. I found the movie night at market basket which isn't even listed. I'll just keep searching. I put a request in at wegmans by me for some of the flavors. Four of them are listed as being there but are not, in my local wegmans anyway. Although they had the best selection by far. That's the only store on that list that's even in this area. Lol
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

2qgk2wgmbcet.jpg

[/quote]

My intent was to let it thaw, but I couldn't wait that long. I ate it partially frozen straight from the container with a spoon. It was still amazing. (Thankfully my husband loved it too, which prevented me from eating the entire container myself.)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

xn67cn46uyfe.jpeg

2qgk2wgmbcet.jpg

Yes, i saw that chart on Facebook. It's not accurate though because those places are not where I've found any of it. I found the movie night at market basket which isn't even listed. I'll just keep searching. I put a request in at wegmans by me for some of the flavors. Four of them are listed as being there but are not, in my local wegmans anyway. Although they had the best selection by far. That's the only store on that list that's even in this area. Lol

Well thanks for that heads up! I was considering making a special trip to Wegmans for the S'mores flavor but I just called and they don't have it, go figure -.-
    Giant and Target aren't on that list, either.... I doubt Giant will carry the new pints (since they hardly carry any period), but Target had the cookies & cream so I'll just have to keep checking there with my fingers crossed.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Wish that Enlightened list was accurate, however for me the only stores on that list that are in my state is Sprouts. I have found a few of those flavors at my local Price Chopper so I've been lucky.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Okay, my searching this giant thread is not working. I know people have tried the Ben & Jerry's low-cal pints. What was the consensus? Any flavors worth it?

Also, has anyone tried the Yasso pints?

Ben and Jerry's light PB dough was the best of the bunch - not as good as regular ice cream, but good enough if you only have enough calories for the lower calorie stuff. The chocolate milk and cookies flavor was the worst, very artificial tasting and the mix-ins were quite bland. Not a pint that I'd buy again. Caramel Cookie Fix was decent, in the middle between the two, though the ice cream base was a bit bland as were the mix-ins. The pints were basically like regular non premium ice cream quality. A lot of air whipped into them so not on the same level as regular Ben and Jerry's, and you could taste the "light" ice cream flavor. I'd only buy the PB dough again, personally.

I've also tried most of the Yasso pints. I'm enjoying them for the most part - they're pretty creamy, and not icy like some frozen yogurts can get. I'd stick with the more vanilla based type pints (party animal, coconut caramel, etc.) as they were more successful. The least successful in my opinion were the coffee brownie, chocolate peanut butter, and mint. Those flavors just didn't seem to work well with the natural tartness of yogurt.

Awesome! Thanks for the insights!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,595 Member
    Options

2qgk2wgmbcet.jpg

Dangerous. So so dangerous.

Vons has an online coupon for it but does my local store carry it? Nope! Maybe that's a good thing. :)
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options

Shop Rite :) My particular store had a huge selection during a sale, and now they have only a few :( I'm kicking myself for not stocking up.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Hope228 wrote: »
    Not a new product but new to me: Trader Joe's Meatless Chicken Tenders. Absolutely delicious, and they honestly taste like chicken. They're not a great calorie deal; you get four measly tenders for around 200 calories. But I really liked them, and I'm always up for experimenting! I drizzled some Frank's Hot Sauce on them, crisped them up in the oven for fifteen minutes, then diced them up in a bowl of baby spinach, carrots, peppers, celery, croutons, and honey mustard dressing. Totally satisfied that loaded buffalo chicken salad from restaurants craving. Except mine was healthier :)

Do you happen to know the sodium is? Thanks.

They're 350 mg per 3 oz serving. 1000 mg for the entire bag
  • melissa6771
    Options

xn67cn46uyfe.jpeg

2qgk2wgmbcet.jpg

Well thanks for that heads up! I was considering making a special trip to Wegmans for the S'mores flavor but I just called and they don't have it, go figure -.-
    Giant and Target aren't on that list, either.... I doubt Giant will carry the new pints (since they hardly carry any period), but Target had the cookies & cream so I'll just have to keep checking there with my fingers crossed.

In some of the comments on Facebook by enlightened they're working hard to get them all into the giant stores, we have stop and shop here which would be great. Target and wegmans are in the same shopping plaza for me so I'll go there and look at the end of the week. Maybe I can talk to the grocery manager while I'm at wegmans about getting all the new flavors. Cookies and cream is on my list to try. I really need to empty out my freezer, it's so packed right now that there's no room for all of these.

I also just bought that chcolate peanut butter shreds cereal that was somewhere in this thread. I might be mad at the person who posted it... I think it will be a good crunchy sweet snack when I'm in the mood.
  • Ruatine
    Options
    That infuriating person was me. :open_mouth: I found the chocolate PB shreds to be delicious. The box didn't last nearly as long as it should have. I'm done with the novelty cereal flavors for now, I think. I like cereal too much... I end up eating it for dinner way too often when I buy new flavors.
  • melissa6771
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    That infuriating person was me. :open_mouth: I found the chocolate PB shreds to be delicious. The box didn't last nearly as long as it should have. I'm done with the novelty cereal flavors for now, I think. I like cereal too much... I end up eating it for dinner way too often when I buy new flavors.

Lol, thanks... I'll let you know what I think when I get around to munching on it. I'm the same way, I love cereal too much. My ex and I used to have cereal nights. We would pick 2-4 cereals to buy and have them for dinner. Now, I eat a serving of high fiber bran cereal every day with my eggs for breakfast. I actually am kind of addicted to that too.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

xn67cn46uyfe.jpeg

2qgk2wgmbcet.jpg

The chart I saw included both Target and Market Basket but the only flavors at both were cookies and cream and movie night, both of which I surprisingly actually found at Market Basket. None of the grocery stores on the chart that was posted here are even in my state. I'm hoping to find the s'mores flavor eventually.
  • melissa6771
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »

xn67cn46uyfe.jpeg

2qgk2wgmbcet.jpg

The chart I saw included both Target and Market Basket but the only flavors at both were cookies and cream and movie night, both of which I surprisingly actually found at Market Basket. None of the grocery stores on the chart that was posted here are even in my state. I'm hoping to find the s'mores flavor eventually.

Where do you see this other chart? Can you post it? Where are you From? You must be somewhat close to me if you have a market basket near you.
  • cdudley628
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »

xn67cn46uyfe.jpeg

2qgk2wgmbcet.jpg

Where do you see this other chart? Can you post it? Where are you From? You must be somewhat close to me if you have a market basket near you.

ff3jjinlx21x.jpg
    It's the same chart, just not cut off at the bottom. I'm in NH. We don't have ShopRite but we have Price Rite, so that could work but I don't shop there anymore because of a problem I had and it's in the worst part of the city.
  • melissa6771
    Options
    @cdudley628 thanks! Market basket is where I got the movie night one. I live 30 south of Boston and go to nashua shopping every few months. I like to hit Sam's club up there. And everything under the sun is in that area. We don't have shop rite either but we have price rite. Enlightened is only $3.49 there but they only have a few flavors. Maybe 6. Close enough and cheap enough though that I would pick a few up every so often. Sorry you had a problem there.
  • cdudley628
    Options
    @cdudley628 thanks! Market basket is where I got the movie night one. I live 30 south of Boston and go to nashua shopping every few months. I like to hit Sam's club up there. And everything under the sun is in that area. We don't have shop rite either but we have price rite. Enlightened is only $3.49 there but they only have a few flavors. Maybe 6. Close enough and cheap enough though that I would pick a few up every so often. Sorry you had a problem there.

I haven't tried movie night and I don't plan on it. Not interested in popcorn ice cream, I would've liked Enlightened to make s'mores more widely available. Cookies and cream was good. I'm still looking for the frozen hot cocoa pints, I can only find bars. I'm 30 minutes north of Nashua, I don't head down that way too often, it gets way too busy with people crossing over the Mass border so they don't need to pay tax :p
  • Ruatine
    Options
    Aww... y'all are making me homesick. I moved from Nashua to TX in 2013. Sadly Target down here does not carry the Enlightened pints - only Whole Foods. WF is just not a place I generally find myself near, so I have to make a special trip if I want to try more flavors. So many people have praised movie night that I might just have to pick that one up in the next couple weeks - $4.50 is just so much more than I really want to spend on a pint of ice cream.
  • melissa6771
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @cdudley628 the movie night doesn't taste like you think it will. It's surprisingly good. It has a slight butter undertone to the base flavor. I wouldn't say there's anything popcorn about it. Snores, the marshmallow peanut butter, cookies and cream and glazed donuts are the ones I really want to try. I'm buying the oatmeal cookie crunch Friday.

They closed all the Sam's clubs near me, this is the closest one now. I like some stuff there and it's the only place I buy the coffee I like. Doesn't hurt that I can save on tax for supplies for my business while I'm there. I try to go on Monday mornings.

@Ruatine here is a link to buy one get one free from enlightened.

http://go.eatenlightened.com/jok