New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited April 2018
    I also finally decided to try the new Chilly Cow ice cream, and picked up the brownie flavor since you all said it was the best one. I love it but it sort of reminds me of the no sugar added fudgsicles fudge pops... which isn’t bad, but those things are only 40 calories per bar so next time I’m in the mood for chocolate I’ll get that instead. But heads up: Ibotta has a $2.50 rebate for Chilly Cow AND if you have Safeway’s app there’s a $2 coupon you can clip to your shopper’s card. I think I also saw something on coupons.com for it! I might have to try another flavor simply because that’s $4.50 off, so it’s almost free at that point!

wmtalewauyx4.jpeg

The real reason I went to Safeway though was for those Scandal-less Ice Cream pints (which also has a $1 coupon in the app). I picked up chocolate peanut butter, cookie dough, and sea salt caramel since I didn’t want to take my chances on them being sold out again if I wanted to go back and try them.
    The peanut butter is AMAZING. Not as dense of chunks as Enlightened, they’re softer but also very plentiful, thick, and a LOT better than Halo Top because it tastes more chocolatey AND more peanut buttery. It’s a very rich, dark chocolate base with a very sweet, gritty salty peanut butter swirl. Between the salty peanut butter swirls and darker chocolate base I think it actually ties with Enlightened, I can’t tell which brand I like more! VERY impressed!!!! Blows the Sweet Habit peanut butter out of the water. I can’t wait to try Safeway’s other flavors!

3f7ccnasfdut.jpeg
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Open nature is sold at the shaws here. If it's the same open nature. I'll have to check that out.. I almost bought chilly cow at Walmart yesterday but decided against it. $3.98 there. I love that they're portioned out into half pints. I don't see a coupon on coupons.com. What's your zip? Sometimes changing that makes different coupons come up on there. Is the chilly cow icy? I hate that consistency.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    neldabg wrote: »
    I was feeling annoyed that my local grocery stores either didn't carry Enlightened or only carried the boring flavors instead of flavors I *love* like the Fudge Brownie I got to try when I visited another state, but I stopped by Publix the other day, and THEY ADDED MORE FLAVORS!! They even have two of the new flavors! I didn't buy any because I have rules for what I spend on food (well under $6 for a pint of ice cream, <$1 for yogurt, etc.), but I can't wait to try them out when they go on sale! I also saw Chillyow! Those tubs looked small in the pictures posted here, but irl, they're a decent size for ~200 calories.
    rzivdmnyn4bm.jpg

The Chilly Cow 1/2 pints are my favorite!!! Just finished a sweet cream and peanut butter for 190 calories!
  • hgycta
    Open nature is sold at the shaws here. If it's the same open nature. I'll have to check that out.. I almost bought chilly cow at Walmart yesterday but decided against it. $3.98 there. I love that they're portioned out into half pints. I don't see a coupon on coupons.com. What's your zip? Sometimes changing that makes different coupons come up on there. Is the chilly cow icy? I hate that consistency.

Not at all! I actually had it right after getting home so it was actually a bit soft, I’m hoping it gets a little harder sitting in the freezer longer but it’s definitely worth trying out! My zip is 21047, I hope you can find the coupon!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    For those that shop at Grocery Outlet they had two flavors of Skinny Cow pints (at least at the store I shop at). I think the price was either around $1.50-$2.50.

Has anyone ever tried this?

OTF600999S.jpg

Grocery Outlet had this for around $6.99, but I didn't want to spend that much money without reading reviews.

I agree with the other poster, I have had the chicken cordon bleu, the fab and fit chicken cordon bleu, and the chicken parm.... great for when you don't want to cook. They are much cheaper here, usually under 4 dollars.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    @hgycta I grabbed the Olly "protein" cookies. Macros - 10g of protein per 190 calories, 8 grams of fat and 21 g of carbs/ 7 g of fiber.

I tried the berry flavor, and it tastes good, but it isn't anything like a cookie. The bar is dense but like a Clif bar, not like a Lenny and Larry's. It has a very oaty texture to it which is enjoyable, just not cookie-like. I liked the coating on the bottom. And it doesn't taste distinctly artificial. It has a very, very slight sweetener to it, but not as obvious as a Quest bar.

Be warned- it has pea protein in it which might be adding to the grittier texture.

Overall verdict - good tasting nutritional bar that can be part of a balanced diet. not a cookie. not a high protein food.

h422kkt58izv.jpg
  • hgycta
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    @hgycta I grabbed the Olly "protein" cookies. Macros - 10g of protein per 190 calories, 8 grams of fat and 21 g of carbs/ 7 g of fiber.

I tried the berry flavor, and it tastes good, but it isn't anything like a cookie. The bar is dense but like a Clif bar, not like a Lenny and Larry's. It has a very oaty texture to it which is enjoyable, just not cookie-like. I liked the coating on the bottom. And it doesn't taste distinctly artificial. It has a very, very slight sweetener to it, but not as obvious as a Quest bar.

Be warned- it has pea protein in it which might be adding to the grittier texture.

Overall verdict - good tasting nutritional bar that can be part of a balanced diet. not a cookie. not a high protein food.

h422kkt58izv.jpg

Yikes... thanks so much for that review (and for pointing out it has pea protein)! It definitely doesn’t sound like something I’d enjoy, I hate pea protein. But I’m curious, is it 190 calories per cookie or is that half a serving?

I let the Chilly Cow have more time to freeze and tried it again. I must admit, I do love that they’re portioned smaller so I don’t feel bad about having it with my breakfast!
    The texture is A LOT better and I went from liking it to loving it. Very creamy texture, not icy at all. Doesn’t necessarily remind me of brownie batter since there’s not too many swirls (Enlightened has me spoiled), but it’s a really good chocolate ice cream when the craving hits!
    j3l5i4x2bv9o.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    o3qakw5qfycy.jpg

just picked these up cant wait to try it out

okay fitfam the strawberry icing is foul! if you can get past the smell than its pretty good lol
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    o3qakw5qfycy.jpg

just picked these up cant wait to try it out

okay fitfam the strawberry icing is foul! if you can get past the smell than its pretty good lol

Shoot! I was excited for those :'(
  • melissa6771
    How excited am I right now. Local grocery store had $1 off open nature so I got one to try. And... they have enlightened on sale for $3.50 until may 3rd. With the buy one get one free coupon I only paid $1.75 each. I'm going to stock up before the sale is over. I got oatmeal cookie crunch and red velvet today

cbtfedp82z15.jpg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    How excited am I right now. Local grocery store had $1 off open nature so I got one to try. And... they have enlightened on sale for $3.50 until may 3rd. With the buy one get one free coupon I only paid $1.75 each. I'm going to stock up before the sale is over. I got oatmeal cookie crunch and red velvet today

cbtfedp82z15.jpg

Ooo, what store had the Enlightened sale?
  • melissa6771
    @skelterhelter not sure where you live. The star market by me. I never go to that store but stopped there to get organic almond/cashew milk that was on sale. It was a nice surprise.
  • hgycta
    As far as I’m concerned, the Sea Salt Caramel Scandal-less ice cream is another hit. I still like the chocolate peanut butter more (peanut butter-aholic over here) but when you’re in the mood for caramel this is a nice option. Maybe it’s because I had pancakes before this, but I swear it has a maple flavoring to it! Like the peanut butter pint, the swirls are there but for some reason are really hard to notice (making them fun surprises most of the time). Less artificial than Enlightened’s caramel and a tad more salty. Rather than a vanilla base, it tastes more like sweet cream. For 290 calories I couldn’t ask for more. Safeway did a really good job executing their store brand pints! I still have cookie dough left but I’m definitely going to be returning to stock up and try some other flavors.

But be warned, like Enlightened these get pretty rock solid in the freezer so thawing is required.

rptdplx4481o.jpeg
  • melissa6771
    hgycta wrote: »
    As far as I’m concerned, the Sea Salt Caramel Scandal-less ice cream is another hit. I still like the chocolate peanut butter more (peanut butter-aholic over here) but when you’re in the mood for caramel this is a nice option. Maybe it’s because I had pancakes before this, but I swear it has a maple flavoring to it! Like the peanut butter pint, the swirls are there but for some reason are really hard to notice (making them fun surprises most of the time). Less artificial than Enlightened’s caramel and a tad more salty. Rather than a vanilla base, it tastes more like sweet cream. For 290 calories I couldn’t ask for more. Safeway did a really good job executing their store brand pints! I still have cookie dough left but I’m definitely going to be returning to stock up and try some other flavors.

But be warned, like Enlightened these get pretty rock solid in the freezer so thawing is required.

rptdplx4481o.jpeg

Per your good reviews on the open nature products I bought the mocha chip today. I'll give a review once I've tried it. I couldn't remember which flavor you said you liked so I went with one that other companies don't make that I like.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    @skelterhelter not sure where you live. The star market by me. I never go to that store but stopped there to get organic almond/cashew milk that was on sale. It was a nice surprise.

I'm on Long Island, and I've never heard of that market. That's an awesome buy though! :)
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    @hgycta - 190 calories for the entire Olly cookie. I'll definitely eat the rest of the box, but they are basically Clif bars. For anyone who likes Clif bars but wants a slightly lower calorie alternative, these are good option.
  • hgycta
    hgycta wrote: »

rptdplx4481o.jpeg

Per your good reviews on the open nature products I bought the mocha chip today. I'll give a review once I've tried it. I couldn't remember which flavor you said you liked so I went with one that other companies don't make that I like.

Ooh, I saw the mocha chip and wanted to buy that one, but I was trying not to buy the entire line until I knew it wouldn't be disappointing (which thankfully I don't think it is at all)! I stuck with flavors I knew I generally like, but I'll definitely go back for the cookies & cream and mint. I'm a little hesitant with the mocha chip because I'm really caffeine sensitive so I don't to eat it at night and then be unable to sleep afterwards, but if you say it's good that one's going to inevitably end up in my cart since I have a weakness for coffee flavored things.

Speaking of coffee flavored things, this is on Candy Hunting's instagram and I'm pretty pumped.
    xddx30nq05nk.png
  • vnb_208
    edited April 2018
    Grabbed a few of these vs the chillow cow which is 5.49 here hope its worth it
  • vnb_208
    18d92v2s6idc.jpg
  • kellymccrea1
    kellymccrea1 Posts: 50 Member
    So I had the calories for my Ben & Jerry’s PB Dough Moophoria pint. I was hoping to just think it was ok because very rarely do I have 640 calories to spend on dessert. But, alas, I though it was delicious. It was packed absolutely full to the top. The chocolate was dark and yummy and rich and satisfying. The chocolate chip PB dough chunks were plentiful and very satisfying. They tasted like peanut butter blossom dough, which I love. I noticed the chocolate chips in the dough because of the crunch but didn’t really taste them. I probably won’t purchase this often because of the higher calorie count and the fact that I can’t stand moderating ice cream and I want the whole pint, but if you are good at moderating, this one is a winner.