New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    2189baea-8e53-4428-ba83-f17e216dd182_1.80c95149f6423137c057974272175ad3.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

I forget who posted about this bar, but this is one of my new favorites! It definitely tastes like a Little Debbie Nutty Buddy bar without the chocolate coating.

19c8bfd4-09eb-4085-a0a0-d02e070970cc_1.d21e456f9d9f68c713ed146b79ea3223.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

Anyone try this one? Better than the non-chocolate variety?

Oh man those Little Debbie bars are my weakness! How do they compare in regards to size? Will I need two bars to be as satisfied as I was with those Nutty Buddy bars or is one bar pretty large?

I like Power Crunch bars too for this reason!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2019
    Finally found this flavor at Grocery Outlet Angled_ChocChipCookieBatter.png

Meh slightly better than Arctic Zero's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (the one released before the new flavors), but only slightly. The base just tasted like bland Chocolate Chip Cookies that you would eat out of desperation when you want a sweet fix, but ran out of the tastier cookies in your snack cupboard. Didn't taste that sweet & wasn't reminiscent of the brownie/cake batters that you snuck tastes of while your mom/grandma weren't looking.

I also bought Cookies & Cream so not really holding my breath that it will taste much better.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    busyPK wrote: »
    I contacted Build Bars about the build your own box options and all I got was that sorry those flavors are not available in the build a box. No reason, just sorry. :/

Another brand I don't like... don't know the people behind it. And that's WHY I don't like this brand! It seems really suspicious IMO. I don't trust it.

I'm not the biggest fan of them either despite posting about the new bars and placing an order today. I wrote a rant like 20 pages ago how their customer service reps tried to convince me I ordered the box of Mint Brownie they sent me rather than their original Mint flavor despite presenting them with multiple pieces of evidence that I had indeed ordered Mint. I ended up letting it go since Mint Brownie ended up being the superior flavor but it didn't sit well with me.

If they just released the Mango flavor today and not a whole new line of bars, I probably would have passed but since I've had various successful orders with them in the past I gave them another chance. Also, I make this disclaimer in almost every post about Built bars but their bars are rarely 110 calories. By weight, most of mine are around 125. Not a big deal but that could add up for people who eat several per day.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Maxematics wrote: »
    I contacted Build Bars about the build your own box options and all I got was that sorry those flavors are not available in the build a box. No reason, just sorry. :/

Another brand I don't like... don't know the people behind it. And that's WHY I don't like this brand! It seems really suspicious IMO. I don't trust it.

I'm not the biggest fan of them either despite posting about the new bars and placing an order today. I wrote a rant like 20 pages ago how their customer service reps tried to convince me I ordered the box of Mint Brownie they sent me rather than their original Mint flavor despite presenting them with multiple pieces of evidence that I had indeed ordered Mint. I ended up letting it go since Mint Brownie ended up being the superior flavor but it didn't sit well with me.

If they just released the Mango flavor today and not a whole new line of bars, I probably would have passed but since I've had various successful orders with them in the past I gave them another chance. Also, I make this disclaimer in almost every post about Built bars but their bars are rarely 110 calories. By weight, most of mine are around 125. Not a big deal but that could add up for people who eat several per day.

I just bought a sample box a couple days ago, now I'm a bit concerned about dealing with them. I didn't wanna make a big purchase but the site said 100% money back guarantee so I figured it was worth trying it. I guess now I know ahead of time their customer service may be crap. 😐
  • Maxematics

I just bought a sample box a couple days ago, now I'm a bit concerned about dealing with them. I didn't wanna make a big purchase but the site said 100% money back guarantee so I figured it was worth trying it. I guess now I know ahead of time their customer service may be crap. 😐

To be fair, that was one order out of five; the other four went smoothly. I probably could have argued it further but I didn't feel like it was worth it. That being said, when presented with my evidence they shouldn't have doubled down on the denial either. Unless I was truly in the wrong, which I wasn't, I shouldn't have been dismissed in the way I was. If I ever do have another incident with them, I am done with the company though.
  • Glazed_and_Confused

To be fair, that was one order out of five; the other four went smoothly. I probably could have argued it further but I didn't feel like it was worth it. That being said, when presented with my evidence they shouldn't have doubled down on the denial either. Unless I was truly in the wrong, which I wasn't, I shouldn't have been dismissed in the way I was. If I ever do have another incident with them, I am done with the company though.

Yah that definitely isn't top notch customer service. I'm hoping I really like them so the purchase will be worthwhile.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member

Yah that definitely isn't top notch customer service. I'm hoping I really like them so the purchase will be worthwhile.

Me too, I just made my first purchase. I was hoping customer service would say they'd let me switch out a bar for another flavor (or throw one in for free) that wasn't listed, but no such luck.
  • Maxematics

Me too, I just made my first purchase. I was hoping customer service would say they'd let me switch out a bar for another flavor (or throw one in for free) that wasn't listed, but no such luck.

I saw that you contacted them about it and didn't get a favorable response. For what it's worth, I'm seeing similar complaints on their Instagram today. If you do end up liking the bars, hopefully their selection will change by the time you place another order.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    I found these pints at Shoprite, has anyone here tried it? I almost got it thinking it was like Halo Top, but it was actually like 600+ calories per pint!
    ca39fd6f1zpm.jpeg
    lvr4hspdsbw7.jpeg

Also, I had a free coupon for a box of Halo Pops (from their ice cream day promotion on that bumble app), and I opted for peanut butter swirl, even though the mint & cookie dough flavors were tempting me!
    Overall, a little weird tasting and I won’t get it again. I love Halo Top, but Enlightened’s chocolate peanut butter bars blows these out of the water. They’re 40 more calories (100 rather than 60), but larger, more dense, and has a better tasting chocolate base with sweeter, saltier peanut butter dense chunks. Halo Top’s had an artificial aftertaste and was just really small. I’d give these Halo Pops a 3/10.
    e5c47hi5gfe0.jpeg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Finally found this flavor at Grocery Outlet Angled_ChocChipCookieBatter.png

Meh slightly better than Arctic Zero's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (the one released before the new flavors), but only slightly. The base just tasted like bland Chocolate Chip Cookies that you would eat out of desperation when you want a sweet fix, but ran out of the tastier cookies in your snack cupboard. Didn't taste that sweet & wasn't reminiscent of the brownie/cake batters that you snuck tastes of while your mom/grandma weren't looking.

I also bought Cookies & Cream so not really holding my breath that it will taste much better.

It's a good thing you didn't care for it. Swell/Proyo went out of business.

I can understand why. In a competitive ice cream market for lower calorie finds this brand didn’t taste great and I don’t recall seeing much promotion.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    I found these pints at Shoprite, has anyone here tried it? I almost got it thinking it was like Halo Top, but it was actually like 600+ calories per pint!
    ca39fd6f1zpm.jpeg
    lvr4hspdsbw7.jpeg

Also, I had a free coupon for a box of Halo Pops (from their ice cream day promotion on that bumble app), and I opted for peanut butter swirl, even though the mint & cookie dough flavors were tempting me!
    Overall, a little weird tasting and I won’t get it again. I love Halo Top, but Enlightened’s chocolate peanut butter bars blows these out of the water. They’re 40 more calories (100 rather than 60), but larger, more dense, and has a better tasting chocolate base with sweeter, saltier peanut butter dense chunks. Halo Top’s had an artificial aftertaste and was just really small. I’d give these Halo Pops a 3/10.
    e5c47hi5gfe0.jpeg

Loved Rebel but 1.5 servings gave me terrible stomach issues. Too much sugar alcohol for me, I guess. Tasty, though.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    ca39fd6f1zpm.jpeg
    lvr4hspdsbw7.jpeg

e5c47hi5gfe0.jpeg

LOL I have dirt on Rebel.

Also, Halo Top pops are no comparison to Enlightened, Chilly Cow or Yasso's bars.