New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    1s8lbpe6kjz5.png
    h6wcy5jzllwz.png

So I can’t stand KIND products (texture, quality, etc). But these I would actually try!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Built Bars - which are you favorites? I'm going to try them for the first time...
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited July 2019
    glassyo wrote: »
    I just ordered $60 worth of Built Bars just so I could try the two new flavors. What is wrong with me XD

These posts and the marketing got me too. I ordered one box but if I like them I'm sure I'm over do it and buy many more. I have a thing for protein bars. 😁

Okay everyone keeps talking about these bars here, so I finally caved and ordered the sampler (10 diff flavors) box. I hope y'all are right and these are good. XD

Mine were delivered yesterday and I've had a couple. They are indeed very good! Like candy bar good. My only complaint is the texture isn't what I'm used to. These are chewy similar to firm and sticky marshmallow Easter candy is. I prefer to cut my protein bars into pieces so I can eat them really slow so that doesn't work too well. But they are delicious yes, and low calorie.

My favorite protein bars remains to be Costco's Kirkland chocolate chip cookie dough, and Julian Bakery Primal Thin Sweet Cream. Firmer textures and knife friendly.

I really like the Built bars but, yeah, I have to cut them up or tear off pieces for dental reasons and it's sooooooo messy.

I don't think it would work if I freezed them either depending on how hard they get.

I think, if people can deal with the marshmallowy texture, they'll enjoy them. And the protein per calorie ratio is even better than my beloved quest cereal bars *RIP*.

There's room in my world for many types of bars, but I do agree that the Built Bar macros are supreme. :smile:
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Here I am, not fully understanding the Built Bar hype... feel left out, but they just do not interest me!

Never fear: If there's one thing I know about this thread, we'll be back to talking about cheese curds or cotton candy-flavored-something before you know it...
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    busyPK wrote: »
    Built Bars - which are you favorites? I'm going to try them for the first time...

Currently eating from my last box I got last night in the mail.
    This is now my absolute fav.
    561E29D7-D2FC-4728-8D2B-4EF9F93C00B1.jpeg?resize=768%2C554&ssl=1

Bummer, that isn't an option on their site.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    busyPK wrote: »

I surprisingly liked most of the fruit flavored ones except for the lemon because it tasted too lemony. :) I'm looking forward to the blueberry cheesecake one at some point.

I didn't like the vanilla..I'm not sure why. And I didn't like the salted caramel because it lived up to its name and tasted salty.

I definitely didn't like the mint because....mint.

I liked the coconut which surprised me, too. This is where the marshmallowness comes in because I'm ok with the taste of coconut. Just not the bits and pieces of a coconut itself.

The double chocolate mousse wasn't half bad. :)

Those are the only ones I've tried.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I like the mocha best of the ones I tried. Least favorite was the cinnamon, but those were free and I didn’t like them at all when I had the first one, but, they are ok. I’ll finish what I’ve got, but won’t buy them. Blueberry will be my next order.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    I like the mocha best of the ones I tried. Least favorite was the cinnamon, but those were free and I didn’t like them at all when I had the first one, but, they are ok. I’ll finish what I’ve got, but won’t buy them. Blueberry will be my next order.

I'm curious about the mocha...how coffee tasting was it? Was it strong? I really like the Enlightened Cold Brew ice cream because it doesn't taste like coffee at all! :)

I'd try the cinnamon too but unless these are all part of the mixed box....it'll never happen.
  • missysippy930

I'm curious about the mocha...how coffee tasting was it? Was it strong? I really like the Enlightened Cold Brew ice cream because it doesn't taste like coffee at all! :)

I'd try the cinnamon too but unless these are all part of the mixed box....it'll never happen.

No, strangely enough, not a strong coffee taste. I don’t like coffee flavored ice cream either. I like coffee, but not iced coffee. Weird I know. My favorite Starbucks is, white chocolate mocha, made with skim milk, no whipped cream. That’s why I picked mocha.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member

I wouldn't say it's the strongest but it varies. When I was eating my mocha bar today I got hit with a strong pleasant coffee taste on one of my bites but it was pretty subtle for the rest of the bar. However, I like really strong coffee flavor and only drink black dark roast coffee so for others the coffee taste may be more pronounced.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yeah, it's unfortunate that the new flavors aren't able to be added into their build a box. I took advantage of the sale (had to buy two full boxes to get it, lol. Some deal) and was able to get six Blueberry Cheesecake and four Mint Brownie Delight for free in my order. For the person who asked: my favorites so far are are the strawberry, coconut, and now the blueberry cheesecake. I wanna try the Mint Brownie but don't wanna blow all my dessert/snack calories on protein bars XD I'll report back tomorrow. I really wish I had jumped on the mocha when I had a chance :/
  • missysippy930
    Yeah, it's unfortunate that the new flavors aren't able to be added into their build a box. I wanna try the Mint Brownie but don't wanna blow all my dessert/snack calories on protein bars XD I'll report back tomorrow. I really wish I had jumped on the mocha when I had a chance :/

LOL, right? I have two a lot of days, but usually, one for breakfast and one for a snack, on those days.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited July 2019
    Has anyone tried these??? Saw them on sale at shoprite so I grabbed a box... but I’m contemplating whether or not I should go back and stock up on more if they’re really good o: I would have one right now but I already filled myself up this morning on pancakes, cold brews, and cupcakes since my email got flooded with free birthday coupons so my stomach can’t handle anything else sweet haha if anyone here isn’t subscribed to all their favorite places for free treats you’re missing out!!!
    4gaf9qnrp79d.jpeg

Also... for those who like death wish as much as I do (if any of you are out there)... their cans are FINALLY on amazon! I’m dying to try some but I recently spent $95.25 on peanut butter e’toiles from Chatila’s Bakery online so I’m trying to take it easy for a while with how much food stuff I buy online, my bank statement is starting to look like my MFP food entries haha
    34apxrjs67zi.jpeg