New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    1.) that Coolhaus Hey Cupcake ice Cream looks AMAZING, dare I ask how many calories are in a serving?? o:
    It's got 300 calories for a 120g serving (with 3 servings in the pint). I've been eating it split into 4 servings for a slightly more manageable 225 calories.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    1.) that Coolhaus Hey Cupcake ice Cream looks AMAZING, dare I ask how many calories are in a serving?? o:

2) Those Lucky Charms Marshmallows also look amazing o.o

3.) Instagram is dangerous.
    lk8hh4x1r6ix.jpeg

4.) I shouldn’t want this, and I know it will probably be mediocre/nothing at all like Twinkie’s, but I know I’m going to wind up buying it the second I see it
    srkb22deiii5.jpeg

5.) has anyone tried these???? Got them from sam’s club! It’s a plum + apricot hybrid!
    xa7abehkmk3m.jpeg

Plumcots (or pluots, depending on who you ask) were a farmer’s market staple in SoCal where we used to live. We could get a dozen or more varieties at the peak of the season. They’re very juicy and sweet. I think the ones from the grocery store never have as much flavor, but they’ll do if you aren’t lucky enough to have a farm nearby :).
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    We don’t have the climate for pluots here, so no farmers market buys, but pluots are one of my favorite summer fruits. I have been able to get them every summer for the past 5 year or so. Dinosaur pluots are what I buy. I haven’t seen them yet this year.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,526 Member
    Aren't some pluots yellow/orange? I have a tree with fruit and thought it was a plum apricot (pluot) after looking at fruit and fruit trees online.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    kvgn6ifz5rim.jpg
    f9czijppxb0l.jpg

I just saw these in the store today! I picked up the vanilla one to try later in the week.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Aren't some pluots yellow/orange? I have a tree with fruit and thought it was a plum apricot (pluot) after looking at fruit and fruit trees online.

There are varieties in a lot of colors, from very dark purple/red to a light yellow.

Try to buy pluots that are not too firm but not mushy. Too firm means they’re not quite ripe; too soft and you’ll have nothing but juice.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Someone may have already covered this, but I came across it in Sam's Club a few days ago and was caught off guard. I really wanted to get some, but I couldn't justify committing to a GIANT Sam's Club-sized box just for a taste. Anyone have it before?

mdsfz6jnlu1g.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    Someone may have already covered this, but I came across it in Sam's Club a few days ago and was caught off guard. I really wanted to get some, but I couldn't justify committing to a GIANT Sam's Club-sized box just for a taste. Anyone have it before?

mdsfz6jnlu1g.jpg

I bought the brown sugar and cinnamon version and like it a lot. The pieces are small (just shy of an inch and yes I just measured it) and you can't really see the filling but can definitely taste it.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member

mdsfz6jnlu1g.jpg

Yes, this is so good! One of my favorite cereals. I eat it with almond milk and it's still so sweet.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 335 Member
    Maxematics wrote: »
    kvgn6ifz5rim.jpg
    f9czijppxb0l.jpg

I'm super excited about this! One of my favorite things is mixing some PB2 into plain Fage Greek yogurt so this is right up my alley.

As a sidenote, I had posted that I ordered these a few weeks ago:
    l5gcup6az7p8.jpg

I do NOT recommend these. Bad texture which only got slightly better when microwaving and a funny aftertaste. I went to go finish off the last one yesterday and it had white mold on the top even though the expiration date was in 2020. It makes me grossed out that I ate the other five. Disgusting!

I agree!! They are not good! I ordered the variety pack, so I keep thinking that one of the flavors would be good, but they are so dry and the texture is awful.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Slashnl wrote: »
    kvgn6ifz5rim.jpg
    f9czijppxb0l.jpg

I'm super excited about this! One of my favorite things is mixing some PB2 into plain Fage Greek yogurt so this is right up my alley.

As a sidenote, I had posted that I ordered these a few weeks ago:
    l5gcup6az7p8.jpg

I do NOT recommend these. Bad texture which only got slightly better when microwaving and a funny aftertaste. I went to go finish off the last one yesterday and it had white mold on the top even though the expiration date was in 2020. It makes me grossed out that I ate the other five. Disgusting!

I agree!! They are not good! I ordered the variety pack, so I keep thinking that one of the flavors would be good, but they are so dry and the texture is awful.

They remind me of No Cow Cookies... which, alas, are (read: were... discontinued) no good.
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Okay so my built bars finally came in, and I have to say, you all weren't kidding! I had the chocolate raspberry cream and it was SO GOOD. Thank you all for enlightening me and introducing me to the brand!

Still haven't gotten mine yet. Got an email today apologizing for the delay along with a 20% off coupon on a future order.
  • Katmary71
    apullum wrote: »
    Katmary71 wrote: »

There are varieties in a lot of colors, from very dark purple/red to a light yellow.

Try to buy pluots that are not too firm but not mushy. Too firm means they’re not quite ripe; too soft and you’ll have nothing but juice.

I picked them last year but the squirrels got every piece of fruit off the tree. That and my radishes have disappeared. I'll have to buy them like everyone else...the tree has/had yellow fruit.
  • Katmary71
    So I’ve never had jackfruit until now, but this is pretty decent for a meat alternative based meal! I was expecting not to like it at all, but it’s pretty good (not great by any means, but not bad). I would still much prefer meat, but for those who are vegan or vegetarian it’s worth checking out if you’re in sprouts! I added it to one of Joseph’s lavash bread with Taco Bell’s Mild sauce (I always keep extra packets of them in my drawer) and the wrap came to a VERY filling 390 calories burrito!
    I read that jackfruit has a pork taste, but I thought it was more reminiscent of mushrooms than anything.
    vdy0ull44ftg.jpeg
    mhriglisqiwu.jpeg

Also, I tried the plumcot I got from Sam’s Club; it tasted like a slightly more tart plum, I probably would’ve never noticed a difference if someone gave it to me without saying anything. It reminds me sort of grapefruit. I never heard of or seen a dinosaur plumcot before, but now I’ll DEFINITELY look for them!!! Thanks for everyone’s insightful responses, I’m in Maryland so I guess they’re just about nonexistent here haha
    mhpfodgqwwy6.jpeg

I need to try jackfruit, I'll look for that fajita mix at Sprouts! The plumcot looks awesome too!