New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    slbbw wrote: »
    Just found these at costco. I can make something better myself, but it is nice to have in a pinch.

3D-Frittata-EggWhite_6ct_050918_1024x1024.png?v=1537540556

Please report back once you try them. I look at them every time I go but haven't bought them yet. They're on my radar! 😎

A little dry but generally pretty good. They are individually wrapped, so I plan to throw some into the freezer at work as a low cal snack.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Just found these at costco. I can make something better myself, but it is nice to have in a pinch.

3D-Frittata-EggWhite_6ct_050918_1024x1024.png?v=1537540556

Please report back once you try them. I look at them every time I go but haven't bought them yet. They're on my radar! 😎

A little dry but generally pretty good. They are individually wrapped, so I plan to throw some into the freezer at work as a low cal snack.

How is the size? Need several for a lunch?
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Maxematics wrote: »
    RE: Halo Top Milkshakes:

NOOOOOO I was afraid they were going to say "select markets" and indeed, they are select markets, which basically means nowhere near me. ):

Yeah, these are the only places they are being tested right now: Colorado Springs, Colorado; Hartford, Connecticut; Longview and Tyler, Texas; Salt Lake City, Utah; Toledo, Ohio; and West Palm Beach, Florida

I wish they chose NYC for the Northeast testing area but Connecticut it is. I don't even really eat Halo Top anymore and like the dairy-free pints a bit more but even I'd try this, especially in this summer heat. Oh well. :(

With all due respect to Tyler, Texas, and Toledo, Ohio, they choose these cities and not NYC or Philly? I guess supply and demand?

NOT MY AREA EITHER :'( !!!!! 350 calories is a lot for a milkshake though. I would have expected Halo Top Milkshakes to be low in calories.

Does anyone follow the blog about Spotted on Shelves? I have noticed they post things that are very old and not new at all!!!! We find things months before they are posting items!!

I was wondering, I didn't see in the articles I read, but what's the size of the milkshakes? If it's 16oz it sounds right on par for what is essentially liquefied Halo Top, but if it's 12oz it's kind of an edge case for me.
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    Smartbun is having a sale with free shipping. I loved these when I tried them a year ago so I think I may buy some again. Has anyone had the cakes? I’ve only had the slim thin ones which I loved. Wondering if these are as good before I buy.

I tried the cakes a couple years ago and liked them a lot (especially the cinnamon). Looks like there are new flavors since then - so am unsure of the orange cream and raspberry cream.

I didn't get them again because of the cost, may have to pick up a few, thanks for the post!

Smartbun: Orange Cream on the way to me. Crossing my fingers that I like them!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Maxematics wrote: »

NOOOOOO I was afraid they were going to say "select markets" and indeed, they are select markets, which basically means nowhere near me. ):

Yeah, these are the only places they are being tested right now: Colorado Springs, Colorado; Hartford, Connecticut; Longview and Tyler, Texas; Salt Lake City, Utah; Toledo, Ohio; and West Palm Beach, Florida

I wish they chose NYC for the Northeast testing area but Connecticut it is. I don't even really eat Halo Top anymore and like the dairy-free pints a bit more but even I'd try this, especially in this summer heat. Oh well. :(

With all due respect to Tyler, Texas, and Toledo, Ohio, they choose these cities and not NYC or Philly? I guess supply and demand?

NOT MY AREA EITHER :'( !!!!! 350 calories is a lot for a milkshake though. I would have expected Halo Top Milkshakes to be low in calories.

Does anyone follow the blog about Spotted on Shelves? I have noticed they post things that are very old and not new at all!!!! We find things months before they are posting items!!

I don’t think so, especially since it has protein too!!!! But then again, my go-to are those f’real milkshakes that punch 580+ calories into a small milkshake, or worse... Sonic milkshakes with 780+ calories o.o
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member

From a different article...
    The lineup will be available in 1,000 locations from July 22 to September 4 in six test markets, including Colorado Springs, Colorado; Hartford, Connecticut; Longview and Tyler, Texas; Salt Lake City, Utah; Toledo, Ohio; and West Palm Beach, Florida.
    (emphasis mine)

California is like one of the hottest states...we're not getting it?!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

The lineup will be available in 1,000 locations from July 22 to September 4 in six test markets, including Colorado Springs, Colorado; Hartford, Connecticut; Longview and Tyler, Texas; Salt Lake City, Utah; Toledo, Ohio; and West Palm Beach, Florida.
    (emphasis mine)

That's what I thought! Nowhere at all on the entire West Coast?
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    ln27r2sqehhi.png

Finally CT GETS SOMETHING EXCITING!!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,549 Member
    apullum wrote: »

(emphasis mine)

I'm surprised CA isn't testing them either, I'd try one and I haven't even been impressed by Halo Top ice cream.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    u0yl41m1lz06.jpeg
    2fapcfbf09oe.jpeg

Both of these products were excellent. The maple pecan puffs were just the right amount of sweet with a layer of glazed perfection. I tried the Kansas City BBQ and the original “bacon” chips and both were delicious.

The maple pecan puffed corn sounds yummy.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Omg! I miss cosmos popcorn. We used to sell it at work and they were delicious. Never had the maple pecan but enjoyed both the butter and the caramel ones. Now I want to find a store here that sells it cause amazon is a bit pricey from my quick search.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    These look interesting:
    40f7b34p6pf1.jpg
    Wow I’ve never seen these! I would buy.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »

(emphasis mine)

I'm surprised CA isn't testing them either, I'd try one and I haven't even been impressed by Halo Top ice cream.

From my view, it is because Halo Top is already established in this market. They also have the halo Top scoop shop. Who knows, maybe they are working on getting into some other fast food places popular on the west coast (Carl’s jr. etc). Subway is headquartered in CT.

Will be interesting!!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »

(emphasis mine)

From my view, it is because Halo Top is already established in this market. They also have the halo Top scoop shop. Who knows, maybe they are working on getting into some other fast food places popular on the west coast (Carl’s jr. etc). Subway is headquartered in CT.

Will be interesting!!

That's true, Halo Top could see that as competition to their scoop shops, wouldn't be good during the trial phase of the partnership.