New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Not sure if the sales at all Shoprite stores are the same or not, but just a heads up the ones near me are having this sale through July 6th!!!
    17hetmqc9lvt.jpeg

They’re also having this sale on Culture Republics light ice cream, I’ve never seen them has anyone here tried them??
    qjz6zm0k6lv0.jpeg

Yeah, culture Republik is owned by Unilever (same company that owns B&J... so makes sense that they are both on sale). They used to have national distribution with Target, but discontinued it because of lackluster sales🙃
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    Maxematics wrote: »
    I'm a little annoyed with the customer service of Built bars. I ordered a box of Mint and a box of Salted Caramel which led to getting six free Blueberry Cheesecake bars and four free Mint Brownie bars. They sent me a full box of Mint Brownie in addition to the free bars instead of the regular Mint ones I ordered. I emailed them and I got the response that I ordered a full box of Mint Brownie when I clearly did not. The order says Mint, the link on the order leads back to the regular Mint bars, and I don't even think you could order a full case of Mint Brownie with the promo they were doing. I know I definitely did not order a box of Mint Brownie and it's annoying me that they are not taking responsibility for the screw up.

Rant aside, the Blueberry Cheesecake is underwhelming; it has the same overall flavor as all of the other Built Bars except it has a slight blueberry note. Calling it a Blueberry bar would have been more understandable as I'm getting no cheesecake whatsoever. The Mint Brownie is pretty much exactly what I expected; the Mint bar with a chocolate base instead of the standard inside. It's also a little less chewy on the inside compared to regular Built bars. That being said, it does taste very good and I actually like it more than the regular Mint bars. I guess in the end it was a good mistake they made but I still wish they'd own up to it instead of acting like I don't know what I'm talking about.

And just like that I'm afraid to order anything from them. I cannot stand poor customer service. I personally would've put up a fight, but I'm glad it worked out to be a good mistake for you.

To be fair, there has never been an issue prior to this which is good. I did message them back and write "No, I didn't order a box of Mint Brownie. My invoice says Mint and when I go to my order online it links back to Mint Chocolate Creme, not Mint Brownie." A different rep responded with this, errors included: "Sorry for the confusion. As I'd Checked your order, you place a chocolate mint brownie, not mint chocolate creme."

However, I was able to access my "Thank you for your order" page and:

lvcyabfxgynh.png

Clearly not a box of Mint Brownie, clearly shows a picture of the regular Mint bars. I'm kind of annoyed because I'm thinking since it's a good mistake I should just let it go but, like many other people, I am unhappy with the insinuation that I was wrong despite multiple pieces of evidence in my favor. I'm not sure if I'm going to write them back again.

Anyway to stay on topic, Mint Brownie = good! Blueberry Cheesecake = Underwhelming.

This is another product I've had recently that was surprisingly good:
    Peanut_Butter_Choc_3D_Mug_Rendering_grande.png?v=1549290277

I like that unlike Mighty Muffins and Kodiak Cakes, this one is made with plant protein instead of dairy.

• slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Just found these at costco. I can make something better myself, but it is nice to have in a pinch.

3D-Frittata-EggWhite_6ct_050918_1024x1024.png?v=1537540556
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    slbbw wrote: »
    Just found these at costco. I can make something better myself, but it is nice to have in a pinch.

Please report back once you try them. I look at them every time I go but haven't bought them yet. They're on my radar! 😎
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    slbbw wrote: »

I hope you guys got the free coupon for these I posted in here !
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    zssl9hbis9z2.png
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    ln27r2sqehhi.png

YES WHEN!?!?
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    RE: Halo Top Milkshakes:

NOOOOOO I was afraid they were going to say "select markets" and indeed, they are select markets, which basically means nowhere near me. ):

From a different article...
    The lineup will be available in 1,000 locations from July 22 to September 4 in six test markets, including Colorado Springs, Colorado; Hartford, Connecticut; Longview and Tyler, Texas; Salt Lake City, Utah; Toledo, Ohio; and West Palm Beach, Florida.
    (emphasis mine)
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    ln27r2sqehhi.png

I didn't think Subway would ever give me a reason to go back, but these look awesome!

ETA: Annndddd, nowhere near me of course. Can someone in one of those areas let us know what the milkshakes are like?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

NOOOOOO I was afraid they were going to say "select markets" and indeed, they are select markets, which basically means nowhere near me. ):

Yeah, these are the only places they are being tested right now: Colorado Springs, Colorado; Hartford, Connecticut; Longview and Tyler, Texas; Salt Lake City, Utah; Toledo, Ohio; and West Palm Beach, Florida

I wish they chose NYC for the Northeast testing area but Connecticut it is. I don't even really eat Halo Top anymore and like the dairy-free pints a bit more but even I'd try this, especially in this summer heat. Oh well. :(
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    What’s the point of testing these? Isn’t Halo Top one of the best selling ice cream brands ahead of Ben & Jerry’s even??? I remember seeing that somewhere... but with it being “bikini season” and Halo Top being so darn delicious how would this NOT do well nationally!?! I never go to Subway but I would go out of my way to get these at least 3x a week, even if they were $5+ each. I hope they come to Maryland :’(
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options

Yeah, these are the only places they are being tested right now: Colorado Springs, Colorado; Hartford, Connecticut; Longview and Tyler, Texas; Salt Lake City, Utah; Toledo, Ohio; and West Palm Beach, Florida

I wish they chose NYC for the Northeast testing area but Connecticut it is. I don't even really eat Halo Top anymore and like the dairy-free pints a bit more but even I'd try this, especially in this summer heat. Oh well. :(

I'm in middle-of-nowhere Michigan so there's really no chance of being a selection, haha.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    oocdc2 wrote: »

With all due respect to Tyler, Texas, and Toledo, Ohio, they choose these cities and not NYC or Philly? I guess supply and demand?

Probably market research showed them those areas were more likely to purchase, for whatever reason. More population doesn't necessarily mean more purchasers. Ratio of purchasers to population is also important because even if NYC did have more potential purchasers, it would take more effort from marketing to expose each of those people enough times (reach and frequency) to have them purchase. If an area is more prone to purchasing, it takes a lot less marketing cost to get a significant amount of people in.

And the market research was led by Subway, not Halo Top, so they're going after the typical Subway demographic. Smart, especially as HT will be expanding its scoop shop platform.