FASTING, love it or hate it?

Options

Replies

• Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    If you're doing the same thing every single day it is not intermittent. It is simply time restricted eating with defined periods of fasting and non-fasting. It used to be called daylight and dark. Day and night. Three hots and a cot. Or not.

Then we had to start overthinking everything related to food. Remember when you ate your mother's homecooked meals without giving the timing a single thought. Those were the days of true simplicity.

I'm glad that's over. My poor mother couldn't cook, lol. At least I don't mind burnt stuff.

My mom was from the generation of europeans who thought meat wasn't cooked until it was shoe leather, and veggies were only done when they were rendered into mushy anonymity. :D

I never understood why anyone would like steak my whole childhood. Then I actually had a steak that wasn't burnt to a crisp, and finally understood.

Opposite here. I had a fairly steady diet of raw lamb and other meats growing up. I still prefer it red and dripping today.
  • Phirrgus
    edited June 2019
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    If you're doing the same thing every single day it is not intermittent. It is simply time restricted eating with defined periods of fasting and non-fasting. It used to be called daylight and dark. Day and night. Three hots and a cot. Or not.

Then we had to start overthinking everything related to food. Remember when you ate your mother's homecooked meals without giving the timing a single thought. Those were the days of true simplicity.

I'm glad that's over. My poor mother couldn't cook, lol. At least I don't mind burnt stuff.

My mom was from the generation of europeans who thought meat wasn't cooked until it was shoe leather, and veggies were only done when they were rendered into mushy anonymity. :D

I never understood why anyone would like steak my whole childhood. Then I actually had a steak that wasn't burnt to a crisp, and finally understood.

Opposite here. I had a fairly steady diet of raw lamb and other meats growing up. I still prefer it red and dripping today.

I really don't care about the woo this got lol, but for informational purposes for anyone interested, quite a few very tasty Lebanese dishes use raw meat.

Kibbe! Delicious!! I grew up with a family of Lebanese friends. I was always happy to be invited for dinner when it was kibbe, kousa and baba ganoush.
    mmapags wrote: »

I really don't care about the woo this got lol, but for informational purposes for anyone interested, quite a few very tasty Lebanese dishes use raw meat.

Kibbe! Delicious!! I grew up with a family of Lebanese friends. I was always happy to be invited for dinner when it was kibbe, kousa and baba ganoush.

Yes! Prepared properly they're all amazing. We still do several dishes throughout the year, but nothing as good as what my grandparents used to make. :)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    It's probably the Valter Longo thing.
  • Phirrgus
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    You're making me google...ah ok. Could very well be although I'm not searching what I saw for Honeyacid's statement...
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    You're making me google...ah ok. Could very well be although I'm not searching what I saw for Honeyacid's statement...

He's got a book! He's got a $300 diet plan! He's got a rugged 5 o' clock shadow and never smiles in his pictures! What more can you ask for?????
    I <3 U!
This discussion has been closed.