July 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Can I join? I’m (re) starting C210K July 1 ( made it through week 5 last time when I was derailed by unexpected travel.). I think each session is a minimum of 2 miles of run/walking so 25 miles for July seems right. I need something to fight off my summer heat-induced lethargy.

Yes! All are welcome!
  • zeesparrow
    zeesparrow Posts: 348 Member
    Welcome new runners!

I'm in for 75 miles this month. :open_mouth:
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Hi to everybody new!!!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Monthly question anyone? Do you have a question for the group?

Did you set a goal for this year? Are you half way to it or have you completely forgotten about it?
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    @elise4270 - my goal for 2019 was similar to yours... 'be healed and healthy and back to running my normal amount and distances. Maybe see some time improvements too.' I have made more or less the healed and healthy part finally. Now working on the seeing time improvements. So yes I am still working on it.

On your second question... As I get older I seem to have no problem forgetting things 🤣 but I think I just don't consciously think about them anymore and unless there is a reason to remember something it doesn't come back.
    For me the best way to remember something is to write it down. This started in my early math and science classes where I would write out formulas every time I used them in a problem. That way on a test I could always fall back to a base formula and workout the answer. These days if I want to remember something I write it down and that activity seems to set it in my mind. Also if it is a memory that includes eating I can almost always remember where we were and what each of us had to eat, lol! My husband finds it amazing that I can remember a restaurant, who was there and what we ate from years ago!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Hello, I have been following the June thread but was too nervous to join. I guess it’s time.

Nope, it is TOO LATE to join the June thread. :smiley: But welcome to the July thread!