The Woo thing

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    try2again wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »
    It's basically a negative thing in a forum that doesn't want to allow overtly negative reactions. Nobody likes it and many use it incorrectly. If you get dozens on a post, you have probably asserted something that isn't widely supported by science. If you get a couple here & there, it's probably people thinking they are cheering you.

Oh, and one other use of woo... the "ha-ha, aren't I funny?" use when people woo all the posts in a thread about woo. ;)

Yes all true, and in chit chat it is also used to mean “I don’t like you.”

*sigh*... didn't know this thread was in chit-chat :/

😂 Wandered in on accident. 🤣
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Riff1970 wrote: »
    I’m not accepting that definition. I hereby declare woo is a positive thing which means

“woo hoo! Good job! Alright! Nice going!”

Woo me all you want!

🤣

@CoffeeAndContour agrees with you.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Hugs and understanding for the "petty woo."
  • 777Gemma888
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Well despite my more than 3000 woos, i have never given one to anybody.......those that dislike me dont move the needle enough for me to care, and posts i find to be either ridiculous or ignorant, i just scroll on by. Hey, who knows what that person may be dealing with? I just shake my head and move on to attend to real life issues ;)

Really? Never? I have mostly woo’d pseudoscience and judgemental people. I MAY have given a petty woo once or twice as well. I’m a little ashamed of those.

Unbelievable to conceive to not woo at all. I have woo'd Noah, just as he woo'd me back on the Avengers discussion, my woo count went from zero to 306 in one night. :laugh:
    No harm, no foul. We disagreed. Shrugs. Numbers aren't badges of honour.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Well despite my more than 3000 woos, i have never given one to anybody.......those that dislike me dont move the needle enough for me to care, and posts i find to be either ridiculous or ignorant, i just scroll on by. Hey, who knows what that person may be dealing with? I just shake my head and move on to attend to real life issues ;)

Really? Never? I have mostly woo’d pseudoscience and judgemental people. I MAY have given a petty woo once or twice as well. I’m a little ashamed of those.

Unbelievable to conceive to not woo at all. I have woo'd Noah, just as he woo'd me back on the Avengers discussion, my woo count went from zero to 306 in one night. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: You and Noah@ "Avengers -Infinity War."

https://youtu.be/kz_cJpEPZAE
  • 777Gemma888
    k8eekins wrote: »

:laugh: :laugh: You and Noah@ "Avengers -Infinity War."

https://youtu.be/kz_cJpEPZAE

:laugh:
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Riff1970 wrote: »
    I’m not accepting that definition. I hereby declare woo is a positive thing which means

“woo hoo! Good job! Alright! Nice going!”

Woo me all you want!

🤣

I hereby declare that all pizza is considered a "free food" and doesn't affect your macros.

Tada!

Did it work?

😩

Dreams really do come true!