Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The most polarizing food: where do you stand?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    MrUgly wrote: »
    i7a3jdn3zz84.jpg

From Father's Day with my son. He took me to Friendly's and I had Butter Pecan ice cream with crispy bacon topping. I think I'm still sweating it off, but Mother of Pearl it was good.

10/10 would eat!!!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    I can't stand bacon and chocolate together, but bacon and vanilla ice cream seems like something that might be tasty.

Beer ice cream, for those who don't want to do the float option: https://www.craftbeer.com/beer-and-food/i-scream-you-scream-its-craft-beer-ice-cream
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited July 2019
    i7a3jdn3zz84.jpg

From Father's Day with my son. He took me to Friendly's and I had Butter Pecan ice cream with crispy bacon topping. I think I'm still sweating it off, but Mother of Pearl it was good.
    @MrUgly I can see that tasting good, sweet and salty.

Have you tried ice cream with French fries?
    9yuawizfo25q.jpeg
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    @slimgirljo15 I’m from UK. I live in Northern Ireland.

Try ice cream with warm Yorkshire pudding. It's delicious! (I know, it sounds odd, but just try it... as long as you don't put herbs in your batter, that is!)
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Bacon makes everything better.

Everything.

I do love bacon.. just not with my dessert. :D

Maple bacon donuts. Just sayin'... :)

Oh, and peanut butter and bacon sandwiches. :) Or PB and bacon on a burger...
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    i7a3jdn3zz84.jpg

Ice cream and bacon.. I can't even imagine

I can imagine it! Bleaughhhhhh!

Lol.. the idea is so foreign to me, it would be like dropping ice cream in a beer or pairing sardines with stewed peaches..

I have had vanilla ice cream in beer. Not bad. I’m not a beer lover, but I could take it with ice cream.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Bacon makes everything better.

Everything.

I do love bacon.. just not with my dessert. :D

Maple bacon donuts. Just sayin'... :)

Did someone call me?!?

Oh, man, I love a maple bacon long john.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited July 2019
    @slimgirljo15 I’m from UK. I live in Northern Ireland.

Ahh.. this is why we maybe don't get the bacon with sweets thing.. I'm Australian so it's not a food combo that's common here either.

I'm thinking I should have used a different example than beer and ice cream.. :D

Ginger beer and ice cream is yum though.
  • lemurcat2
    Bacon with sweets thing doesn't seem a huge step, since big weekend breakfasts when I was a kid (one of the things my dad cooked) were always bacon, eggs, and then pancakes or waffles. Or maybe bacon with french toast. Maple syrup on the pancakes or waffles or french toast would also get on the bacon.

Sausage would work too in the breakfast context, but we mostly would have bacon.
  • slimgirljo15
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Bacon with sweets thing doesn't seem a huge step, since big weekend breakfasts when I was a kid (one of the things my dad cooked) were always bacon, eggs, and then pancakes or waffles. Or maybe bacon with french toast. Maple syrup on the pancakes or waffles or french toast would also get on the bacon.

Sausage would work too in the breakfast context, but we mostly would have bacon.

So you had bacon, eggs and pancakes with syrup all on the same plate?

Never had maple syrup on mine.. always butter, sugar and lemon juice.
  • geiznekcm
    geiznekcm Posts: 1,357 Member
    Cinnamon on watermelon, anyone?

Cayenne pepper or hot sauce on everything (BUT watermelon)?
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    geiznekcm wrote: »

MMmmmm....don't know how I feel about either of those.

Ritz cracker + cheese + mustard + little wedge of apple.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    i7a3jdn3zz84.jpg

10/10 would eat!!!

Sweet baby Jesus....
  • lemurcat2
    edited July 2019

Yep.

Never heard of putting sugar or lemon juice on pancakes, maybe more of an Australian thing? And for some reason I've never liked butter on mine.

I sometimes make these higher fiber/higher protein pancakes now (the only eggs in that meal are in the pancakes, because of calories adding up) and eat with bacon and unfrosted frozen berries, usually strawberries, as they become syrup like, but I can totally see pancakes with bacon and eggs being tasty now, with the yolk (over easy) and syrup getting on the bacon and pancakes.
  • slimgirljo15

Yep.

Never heard of putting sugar or lemon juice on pancakes, maybe more of an Australian thing? And for some reason I've never liked butter on mine.

I sometimes make these higher fiber/higher protein pancakes now (the only eggs in that meal are in the pancakes, because of calories adding up) and eat with bacon and unfrosted frozen berries, usually strawberries, as they become syrup like, but I can totally see pancakes with bacon and eggs being tasty now, with the yolk (over easy) and syrup getting on the bacon and pancakes.

Tbh, I'm not sure if it's an Australian thing or just that my nana always made them like that (she had Scottish ancestors) She made pansized pancakes and slathered them with butter then sprinkled with sugar and then lemon juice.. I think I can see now how I maybe ended up here 🤔😁

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited July 2019
    geiznekcm wrote: »

West Indians/ Caribbean people put pepper on their fruit like that that’s pretty normal to them. I went to Trinidad and people would sell mangos mixed with pepper sauce in a ziplock bag.

I’m not a fan.