Options
2»

Replies

• smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Jadu786 wrote: »
    People can be so frustrating! A co worker of mine asked if they can ride with me to work in the mornings for a month as they are 8 months pregnant and so it would make things easier on them, so I said yes. Since then, they have asked:

1. Can I pick them up and drop them off to their place
    2. Can they borrow my parking pass the week I am out of town
    3. When I come back from vacation - can I come stay with them the next day for 2-3 days as their husband will be out of town and we can ride to work together
    4. Can we leave my place by 7:30 instead of 8 because they have an 845 meeting. (which I wouldn't care about but I workout with a trainer in the morning - have to shower etc. and he didn't have any earlier morning appointments)
    5. Can we ride together permanently? This would be hard because I am allowed to work from home sometimes and they are not..

Why is it that people always just demand more?

This woman is looking for someone to take care of her (I'm assuming she doesn't have a partner?),

Ummm....
    3. When I come back from vacation - can I come stay with them the next day for 2-3 days as their husband will be out of town and we can ride to work together

Maybe her husband sucks at it :D
    Still, I think we can all agree, it's not OP's job to step in and take care of this demanding, prego succubus (too mean?)
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    People can be so frustrating! A co worker of mine asked if they can ride with me to work in the mornings for a month as they are 8 months pregnant and so it would make things easier on them, so I said yes. Since then, they have asked:

1. Can I pick them up and drop them off to their place
    2. Can they borrow my parking pass the week I am out of town
    4. Can we leave my place by 7:30 instead of 8 because they have an 845 meeting. (which I wouldn't care about but I workout with a trainer in the morning - have to shower etc. and he didn't have any earlier morning appointments)
    5. Can we ride together permanently? This would be hard because I am allowed to work from home sometimes and they are not..

Why is it that people always just demand more?

This woman is looking for someone to take care of her (I'm assuming she doesn't have a partner?),

Ummm....

Yikes, missed that! Thanks for pointing it out.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    A world of NO. She can take the ride at the time you drive or ask someone else. And no to the other stuff. Don't do "reasons" either, like, "I can't come early because I work out" - no doubt the response will be, well work out earlier. It's not a dialogue, you are allowed to just "no." If you need more words than that "no, that won't work for me" and keep repeating the time that you can give her a ride that suits you.

THIS. These people are taking advantage of you.
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    ...Don't do "reasons" either, like, "I can't come early because I work out"...It's not a dialogue, you are allowed to just [say] "no."

THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS

I cannot click like enough for this statement.

You do not owe anyone an explanation for why you can or cannot do something for them.

• HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Next she'll be asking you to babysit on the days you work from home.

I'd say no to *all* the extra requests. Even the parking pass. It would suck for her to come up with many reasons she can't get it back to you right away. It's not even a stretch to expect that to happen.

People who are this pushy with requests will expect you to drop everything to accommodate them.
  • Jadu786
    Jadu786 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to be stern about things .. I’ll try not to pick car poling back up after maternity leave ..
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to be stern about things .. I’ll try not to pick car poling back up after maternity leave ..

do or do not - there is no "try"
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    durhammfp wrote: »
    ...Don't do "reasons" either, like, "I can't come early because I work out"...It's not a dialogue, you are allowed to just [say] "no."

THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS^^THIS

I cannot click like enough for this statement.

You do not owe anyone an explanation for why you can or cannot do something for them.

I am learning this with the 5 year old next door. I foster kittens for a local shelter and she loves kitties. I am happy having her come over and play with the kittens since it helps socialize them to different ages and makes them more adoptable. I am NOT happy with her coming over whenever she wants so when it isn't convenient I tell her this isn't a good time for her to visit. She is an intelligent, curious child so "why" is her favorite word. I am working on not offering an explanation.