AliNouveau wrote: »
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    On other they look ok just never liked mine

Why not?

Also:
    uv7p94cpjxra.jpg
    Me at work...

I guess because people always mentioned them, I had a friend who would draw them on cause her mom would always praise my freckles so the issue is probably cause they made me different ..

Where do you work

I work in a Network Operations Center (NOC) as a Tech, here in Melville NY.

Wait...people draw fake freckles on themselves?

What are network operations? Techie stuff?

I grew up with a girl who did. Haha. Her mom always said my freckles were so cute so the girl wanted some too. She had beautiful olive skin i wanted
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

I grew up with a girl who did. Haha. Her mom always said my freckles were so cute so the girl wanted some too. She had beautiful olive skin i wanted

Essentially, we monitor network connections and traffic. One line gets too clogged, we figure out why. A network connection goes down, we figure out why and fix it asap. On top of that, my team is responsible for monitoring our companies mainframe systems, and notifying people of any potential issues (jobs going into error, hard drives that need replacing, ect.).

I've never seen olive skin before. People who are supposed to have it, always looked tanned to me. I feel like I should be less shocked about people drawing on fake freckles then I actually am...

Oh, and your friends mom was right. Your freckles are def cute. :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

Essentially, we monitor network connections and traffic. One line gets too clogged, we figure out why. A network connection goes down, we figure out why and fix it asap. On top of that, my team is responsible for monitoring our companies mainframe systems, and notifying people of any potential issues (jobs going into error, hard drives that need replacing, ect.).

I've never seen olive skin before. People who are supposed to have it, always looked tanned to me. I feel like I should be less shocked about people drawing on fake freckles then I actually am...

So techie haha
    You're the guy who tells people to just turn it off then on again?
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Dakase83 wrote: »
    bhob3fjyi475.jpeg
    Should be illegal to work on July 5th

make them close the office that's unfair
  • luxduca1
    luxduca1 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    bhob3fjyi475.jpeg

On my way to work too... It should be totally illegal

• mattig89ch
    Options

So techie haha

lol, I'm several levels above that guy. But with my parents, I def am that guy.
  • mattig89ch
    Options

Ouch, try to have fun anyway.

• AliNouveau
    Options

So techie haha

with our parents aren't we all that guy?
    Ok my dad worked for IBM forever so I guess he knew the "trick" but my mom keeps asking me to fix her phone and computer
  • mattig89ch
    Options

So techie haha

Ok my dad worked for IBM forever so I guess he knew the "trick" but my mom keeps asking me to fix her phone and computer

Lol, thats a good point. But if your dad worked for IBM (very impressive btw), why doesn't she ask him to fix her computer?
  • AliNouveau
    Options

So techie haha

Lol, thats a good point. But if your dad worked for IBM (very impressive btw), why doesn't she ask him to fix her computer?

well he's dead now so that would be hard haha
    He started right out of highschool fixing the giant machines and retired young. We were the first on the block to get a computer and modem. He loved techie stuff
  • mattig89ch
    Options

So techie haha

He started right out of highschool fixing the giant machines and retired young. We were the first on the block to get a computer and modem. He loved techie stuff

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know.

Its easy to see why someone could love the tech stuff. Its pretty incredible what they can do.

Man, to have been active in the tech scene, back in that hayday. Nowadays, you could replace lvl 1 helpdesk techs (the guys/gals you first talk to when you call support) with google.
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    luxduca1 wrote: »
    On my way to work too... It should be totally illegal

Gonna start a petition and protest
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

Ouch, try to have fun anyway.

Luckily its not too busy.. And im done at 2 today so its not HORRIBLE but still crappy lol
  • luxduca1
    Options
    5bf17xpnau6o.jpeg

7,30am already at the office after 4th of July shenanigans. Long day ahead fo sho ☺️
  • AliNouveau
    Options

So techie haha

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know.

Its easy to see why someone could love the tech stuff. Its pretty incredible what they can do.

Man, to have been active in the tech scene, back in that hayday. Nowadays, you could replace lvl 1 helpdesk techs (the guys/gals you first talk to when you call support) with google.

ya my dad was there to see lots. He always said he was lucky he failed grade 9 cause he would have gone not welding and auto repair. He failed and went the electronics route. he wasn't a scholarly person so went to technical highchool
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    5bf17xpnau6o.jpeg

7,30am already at the office after 4th of July shenanigans. Long day ahead fo sho ☺️

you must be on the west coast.

What kinda work do you do wth a fork and fancy cars in the background?
  • luxduca1
    Options

5bf17xpnau6o.jpeg

In California.

My main occupation is eating all the time then ai play with exotic cars.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    5bf17xpnau6o.jpeg

In California.

oooh I'm headed to california at the end of the month for a road trip, Can't wait

and eating for an occupation is sweet!!!! btw it was really funny you took a selfie with a fork
  • luxduca1
    Options
    5bf17xpnau6o.jpeg

In California.

oooh I'm headed to california at the end of the month for a road trip, Can't wait

and eating for an occupation is sweet!!!! btw it was really funny you took a selfie with a fork

Awesome! You’ll love it! Fun and beautiful place.

Hoping someone sharp would notice.