I need support - 239 pounds

2»

Replies

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Our loved ones are the ones whose words hurt the most. Mine was used to me cooking and eating in ways that supported a heavier weight. None of us like change and I don’t think he understood that I no longer put priority on my former eating habits and now have new goals. He would buy me chocolate and not understand why I didn’t want it. He isn’t interested in changing his eating habits, so I’m not asking him to. I make sure I have the tools I need to stay successful. Sometimes I cook higher calorie meals that I would really enjoy for my family. But I know I can’t limit my portion sizes and opt for a frozen meal while my kids and husband enjoy the higher calorie meal. He often offers me food that doesn’t meet my goals. I’ve practiced saying “no thank you”. I don’t think he always understands, but after over a year he has grown to see that I mean it. So he doesn’t push food anymore. Is your husband afraid that your weight loss journey will impact him in some way? Or do you feel like he is just being mean?
  • Sanriohippie
    Sanriohippie Posts: 76 Member
    Same height,but started at 305lbs down to 232 as of this morning.So IT CAN happen.

I say practice talking yourself out of negative self talk.
    Practice mindful eating.Make time to comfortably enjoy and eat your meals.
    It takes me 20 min to feel full and I don’t realize that if I am eating while driving.

Don’t negate any hard work or effort you are giving. IGNORE your husband.

I say slowly stop eating high density caloric foods aka junk food.Replacing them with LOTS of fruits and veggies.

Good luck and add me for support if you need or want it♥️
  • meganhirschi31886
    meganhirschi31886 Posts: 30 Member
    Hey girl! Same height although I'm a bit bigger 235. I'm sorry to hear your hubby isn't so supportive! If you want add me as a friend cuz I need more support also. My hubby says he supports me but his junk food collection and resistance to healthy meals say otherwise.
  • meganhirschi31886
    meganhirschi31886 Posts: 30 Member
    Hey girl! Same height although I'm a bit bigger 235. I'm sorry to hear your hubby isn't so supportive! If you want add me as a friend cuz I need more support also. My hubby says he supports me but his junk food collection and resistance to healthy meals say otherwise.

I meant 245 sorry
  • ItsMeTy
    ItsMeTy Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks for all your help and support! I really appreciate it.
  • chantalnarcisse
    chantalnarcisse Posts: 36 Member
    You can do it I used to weigh 230lbs, got down to 120lb and I kept it off for years no one would ever know I was once obese. If I could do it anyone sure you can too. I’m only upto 160 at the moment because I had a baby a few months ago but my husband makes fat jokes at me too I just accept that I’m currently not at my ideal weight but I’m working on it even if sometimes I give in to cravings.
  • chantalnarcisse
    Find something you love to do that is part of your exercise routine. I love swimming so I took up water aerobics. I really love it. Now that COVID19 is here, I can't go to my usual water aerobics class so I adjusted my routines...I walk my dogs Toodles twice a day. I am now doing Yoga and Kettlenetics (cardio w/ KBell). I like it. I started out super slow and I'm just working my way slowly to where I want to be...

Also, as a survivor, I'd say that your husband needs to change his tune because its not teasing anymore its called ABUSE. (I wasted 5 yrs of my life with that. NEVER again)

I wouldn’t assume someone is abusive only from not having much hope for a diet or joking. Some people totally don’t think it’s possible to keep off weight off. Maybe he is just as concerned about her weight but doesn’t know how to show it. Not everyone knows how to be supportive and everyone wants different support anyway. I just don’t think we should be judging anyone so severely from our iPhones since we are playing that game maybe don’t encourage physical violence as retaliation against strangers because that says more about you.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    edited June 2020
    I started out at 269... I am now 244.2...You are welcome to add me .... and please ignore your hubby.... you do you ...you got this :)
  • chantalnarcisse
    LOL Oh Please! Severely, You know Nothing about me giphy.gif

Don't Troll Me.
    Wow you sure showed me lol
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited June 2020
  • chantalnarcisse

boo-hoo
    Lucky your not a man or this would be abuse huh
  • Kelceybyers
    Kelceybyers Posts: 56 Member
    I started with small goals because as I reached them I felt a real sense of accomplishment. Don't listen to any outside noise no matter who it comes from. If you want to add me, I'll be your support. :)
  • gma38059
    gma38059 Posts: 25 Member
    I started at 233 in January and am at 209 as of today. Slow loss is easier to maintain and keep off. I'm doing low net carbs (30 or less per day) with lots of water. I don't get to exercise much, so it's taking a lot longer since I'm past menopause... but I will get there & so can you. Look at it this way, if you lose 1 lb and don't gain it back, you are still better than you were... each pound is a bit better.