100 push-up challenge, 200 Sit up Challenge and the 200 Squa

Options
MFP’s I need your support - I have started the following three challenges 100 push-up challenge, 200 Sit up Challenge and the 200 Squat Challenge and I need you all to do it with me to make me more accountable. Please Note: We are not doing all 100 or 200 at once but we are working towards that number in small increments weekly and this will help us to get stronger and helps us to reach our fitness goals.

If you have not yet joined the challenge, you still can and post here if you are interested in joining the challenge. You can either do any one of the Challenges or all three if this is too easy I challenge you to do the challenge with us 3 times a week and customize it to challenge yourself. Here are the websites for each of them

http://www.hundredpushups.com

http://www.twohundredsquats.com http://www.twohundredsitups.com

What do you do next? (1) Print the initial test (2) After you take the test based on your fitness level print out only the weeks that you need for instance for the sit up challenge since I was able to do 100 yesterday, there was no need for me to start with weeks 1-3 therefore I have modified the program to fit me since I do both an AB’s and Pilates class my core is pretty strong so I am doing 100 regular sit ups and 100 sit ups with a twist to work the oblique’s for the squats, I also modified them to my fitness level yesterday I did 75 so I will just do 100 a day except on days where I have Body Pump because this new routine has a lot of squats so yesterday I actually did 75 at home and a million at the health club.

(3) See how many you can comfortably do that is the key if you are already athletic, maybe those numbers are too low for you, just double them or adjust them to fit your individual needs this is not a rigid challenge. Side notes: You don't have to do the push ups on your toes the knees are fine but the goal is to get on those toes but your goal can be to stay on the knees either way, you benefit my goal is on the toes. I am so excited about our challenge if you are doing this you are taking yourself to the next level!

Push ups always sound intimidating but most of us have taken the initial test however today, take the initial test and tomorrow start based on where you fit or at week 1 also we rest for a couple of seconds before our next set of push ups and soon, we won’t have to rest. It really exciting to have accountability partners like you all and I encourage you if you are doing one of challenge, try two, two try three unless you have health issues that prevent any of them.

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Interested, but I don't know what a squat is :P
  • succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Mon I did the Initial test and started all three I also did 100 sit ups and 75 squats.

Tues I did 100 sit ups and 75 squats and about 15 push ups on the toes

Weds 100 sit ups and 75 squats - rest day from push ups

Thurs 100 sit ups and 75 squats and 32 push ups however; I am not satisfied with them my arms were sore from body pump

Friday: 100 sit ups and 75 squats rest day from my push ups until tomorrow
  • stephanielynn1108
    Options
    I'm in!! This sounds like a great challenge for me! I am TERRIBLE at push-ups though!! lol
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i'm doing the 100 push up challenge! LOVE it!!! currently on week 3
  • 1meropet1
    Options
    Keep it up the pushups will start to come easier.. try diferent variations so you work different parts of your arms and chest then you won't be as sore. I try to do 5 different ones. Wide, normal, military, decline, heart to hearts...
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    I am doing a 100 day sit up challenge with my cousin. Of course he is a cross fit instructor so he is putting me to shame. We started with three sit ups and have upped it every day by three. Today is 114 and I am not excited!
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    im in
  • LordRahl
    LordRahl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Imagine sitting in a dinner chair but just stopping before you bottom hits the seat, a squat is using the legs (quads) and buttocks for pushing back up. Your back should be slightly bent forward, if you go online you will be able to find many examples.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squat_(exercise)

Here is one site to start with.
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    this was too long to read. LOL
  • stephanielynn1108
    Options
    this was too long to read. LOL

Skim it ;-) lol That's what I did. haha
  • kimeister
    kimeister Posts: 212
    Options
    I am absolutely in!! I'm recovering from a couple of bad mountain biking spills during vaca, but I will see how I feel and start on Monday if I can. Woohoo!
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm In!!!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I am loving this already! I am doing the 100 Pushup Challenge. My initial test was 7 good-form pushups, from the toes. The actual first day I was able to do 9 on the last set, and yesterday, which was Day 2, for my last set I got 13! So I am already seeing progress.

For those that don't know what each of the exercises are, or how to do proper form, they explain it all on the site. AND they have merchandise you can buy to let the world know how awesomely strong you are or are becoming! :bigsmile:
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    very cool challenge! I will try the push up challenge starting Monday... I can't even do two (don't laugh!) consecutive push ups at the moment.... Thanks for posting - had no idea there was a program like this! :bigsmile:
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    08/23/11 did 75 push-up and 75 squats
    08/24/11 did 100 push ups and 50 squats
    08/25/11 did 50 push up and 0 sqats 25 sit up
    :embarassed:
  • DENsilentquakeYSE
    Options
    August 22: 25 squats, 15 push-ups, 75 sit-ups :smile:
    August 23: 30 squats, 15 push-ups, 100 sit-ups :wink:
    August 24: 50 squats, 15 push-ups, 125 sit-ups :laugh:
    August 25: 50 squats, 25 push-ups, 150 sit-ups :happy:
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    very cool challenge! I will try the push up challenge starting Monday... I can't even do two (don't laugh!) consecutive push ups at the moment.... Thanks for posting - had no idea there was a program like this! :bigsmile:

Dont feel bad just started and I could only do two push ups.
  • Kickboxer69
    Options
    Hey Bud,

I am good to go for push-ups and sit-ups. I can not do squats due to the poor condition of my lower back.

8/23 100 push ups and sit ups
    8/24 100 push up and sit ups
    8/25 100 push ups and sit ups
    8/25 100 push ups and sit ups
    8/26 100 push ups and sit ups

pain is just weakness leaving the body, next challenge please?
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Push up challenge:

8/23 - 15
    8/24 - 10
    8/25 - 15
    8/26. - 15
  • triciaw1975
    Options
    I did my initial test on Monday for the squats and push up challenge. Unfortuately, I am terrible at push ups so I was only able to get 4 on the initial test. However, on the squats initial test I was able to do 40 so it recommended that I start out on Week 3 of the squat challenge. I am also only doing them every other day like it says to do. Hope that is ok....I noticed that others are doing them every day.

8/22...... 15 push ups (toes) / 142 squats (this includes the 40 in the inital test)
    8/24..... 27 push ups (knees) / 112 squats
    8/26..... was not feeling well at all so I took a rest day. Will do these on Sat. ( Will probably be pretty close to 8/24 totals)

I will be doing my push ups on my knees from here on out. The toe ones are just a little to much for me right now.