PAFC84 wrote: »
    If you let me push you around,
    I'll pass.

Do you test the
    If you let me push you around,
    I'll pass.

Do you test the guy on this? How do you distinguish between him letting you push him around and him just being interested in the same things/laid back?

Really?
    You don't get it?

Brat isn't my thing but I do appreciate SSC

SSC?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    Loving horror movies. Zombies in particular, but horror in general.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »

Even if s/he indulges without you?
  • tc1333
    tc1333 Posts: 4,033 Member
    Options
    Smoking
  • mattig89ch
    Options

As long as s/he doesn't try to get me to participate, that'd be fine. But I do mean 0 participation, nothing in our living space, no discussion of it, nothing.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited July 2019
    Options

As long as s/he doesn't try to get me to participate, that'd be fine. But I do mean 0 participation, nothing in our living space, no discussion of it, nothing.
    This makes sense to me. Out of the house.

ETA: This struck a chord because I used to feel very similarly especially about zombies, violence, etc. I mean for many, many years. I don’t know why or how that changed. It is an odd thing to have happened. I’m not at all trying to talk you out of your feelings. Just sharing my experience.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options

ETA: This struck a chord because I used to feel very similarly especially about zombies, violence, etc. I mean for many, many years. I don’t know why or how that changed. It is an odd thing to have happened. I’m not at all trying to talk you out of your feelings. Just sharing my experience.

I can relate to this but for me it was rap music. I was absolutely against it and more so after I had my first baby. Like you, I'm not sure what changed but I certainly don't feel this way anymore. I guess I just became more open minded 🤷‍♀️
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

I can relate to this but for me it was rap music. I was absolutely against it and more so after I had my first baby. Like you, I'm not sure what changed but I certainly don't feel this way anymore. I guess I just became more open minded 🤷‍♀️

As long as it’s not my hardening conscience. 😁
  • mattig89ch
    Options

I mean, we change with time and experience. So maybe you both grew out of it?
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Calling me "Babe"
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Calling me "Babe"

Pamela? Is that you?
  • your_future_ex_wife
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Calling me "Babe"

Calling me “lady.” That gets snide remarks from me. ETA: or silence
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Calling me "Babe"

how about "baby"?
    ...gag
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Borrows my car and leaves garbage in it, crumbs on the seat, low on gas

Guess what? If you want to keep that burger wrapper and drink cup and dirty napkin, I'll save it for you and throw it on your drivers seat or better yet, on your pillow.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Guess what? If you want to keep that burger wrapper and drink cup and dirty napkin, I'll save it for you and throw it on your drivers seat or better yet, on your pillow.

Why not just talk to him/her like an adult?
  • Vikka_V
    Options

Why not just talk to him/her like an adult?

Because I'm a bit of a rager and I act and speak before I think
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Calling me "Babe"

how about "baby"?
    ...gag

Baby, would you like some mashed potatoes? 😝