40+yrs motivation group. We aren't getting any younger!

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• therealislandgirl
    therealislandgirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Also, how do I join this group?
  • annie5904
    annie5904 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Mama_cc wrote: »
    ^^^^ What kelbels1 said ^^^^ is it... mess up? fall down? pick yourself up, dust yourself-off and keep going. Being in our 40s ain't for sissies, y'all- But we can own every last bit of this decade with joy. Smile- it's Friday, y'all...

• annie5904
    annie5904 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    65. So, not giving up infact life can only get more wonderful. I have lost about 11 lbs. Started jogging. Gained two wonderful grandsons.
    Just want to get from size 16 to 12/14.
  • KSJR78
    KSJR78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends with you all but my add a friend button isn’t working so please feel free to add me, I am still able to accept friend requests. I am 47 years old and have 45 lbs to get rid of 😮

I am having the same problem with adding friends 😡
  • SimpleMachine2019
    SimpleMachine2019 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and have been on MFP since January 1, 2019. I came with the goal of losing 10 lbs, and have lost about 8 so far.

More importantly though I have dramatically improved my diet (less red meat, less processed food, a lot less alcohol, more fruits, veggies, fish, whole grains) and am exercising a lot more (running and strength training) and actually enjoying it, which I NEVER in my whole life did before. I was a sedentary kid and sedentary young adult and just lucky to be able to eat what I wanted. Once I hit 45 everything slowed down and the weight gain seemed to snowball. I had a rough 2018 with a lot of stress related to my work and family life, and I started 2019 feeling heavier and worse than I had in years. I still have a ways to go and a lot to learn. As I've progressed I think the number on the scale matters less to me than how I feel, and I'm happy to say that I feel fitter, stronger, and happier than I have in a long time - and I wish the same for everyone here. You can do it!
  • csmcozart
    csmcozart Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    KSJR78 wrote: »
    I would love to be friends with you all but my add a friend button isn’t working so please feel free to add me, I am still able to accept friend requests. I am 47 years old and have 45 lbs to get rid of 😮

I am having the same problem with adding friends 😡

On my Android, I click the username. Then, on the next screen, click the username again. That opens a screen that has the option to send a friend request.