Worth hiring someone to get macros and calorie intake numbers?

Options
raven56706
raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
edited July 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
please bear with me. i know i have asked this before but looking for guidance.

i hired someone for my macro and calorie intake but i feel as if i didnt get anywhere with them and it was almost a waste of money. I am obviously overthinking this but just trying to find the right rhythm and not waste my time.

i want to burn fat while working out at least an hour a day for 5 days a week. Is there a good macro or calorie building website that will give me that info and also factoring in my workout intensity?

any comments would be appreciated.

Replies

• raven56706
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    raven56706 wrote: »
    please bear with me. i know i have asked this before but looking for guidance.

i hired someone for my macro and calorie intake but i feel as if i didnt get anywhere with them and it was almost a waste of money. I am obviously overthinking this but just trying to find the right rhythm and not waste my time.

i want to burn fat while working out at least an hour a day for 5 days a week. Is there a good macro or calorie building website that will give me that info and also factoring in my workout intensity?

any comments would be appreciated.

You seem to just keep going around in circles looking for a magic answer. There isn't one. Hit your calories. Hit somewhere around .6 to .8 grams of body weight in protein and .35 grams of fat per body weight. Eat whatever you want for the rest and work out. It isnt anymore complicated than that. I'll PM you with how to pay me since you feel that is important.

who said that paying is important. just looking for guidance because i am obviously overthinking it. No need for the backhand comment
  • raven56706
    Options
    Well if you know you are overthinking it, why keep doing that and posting about it? I think it was Einstein who said the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

i didnt say i was continuing to do it. Hence why i am asking here. for guidance and some advice. Isn't this what a forum is for?

you dont have to be rude about it sir.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Well if you know you are overthinking it, why keep doing that and posting about it? I think it was Einstein who said the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

i didnt say i was continuing to do it. Hence why i am asking here. for guidance and some advice. Isn't this what a forum is for?

you dont have to be rude about it sir.

It's hard to read tone over the internet. Not trying to be rude. By you own admission you are overthinking and going around the same circle you've gone around before. The question I would ask, is that productive?

It seems that you already know the answer...
  • raven56706
    Options
    without a doubt. thats why i am such in a cross roads. I get that i have been on MFP for years but i have hit some bad road blocks so looking to see new ways of getting back on track. Havent been good at getting back so thats why i ask for advice.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I don't see the need to hire someone when there's so much information out there for free. I also have enough data to know that my macro split tends to be a bit higher on fat than MFP recommends. I wondered if that meant I should cut down on it but I don't see the need as I'm hitting my goal of maintenance or the slowest of slow cuts.

Have you actually been following what MFP recommends?
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    without a doubt. thats why i am such in a cross roads. I get that i have been on MFP for years but i have hit some bad road blocks so looking to see new ways of getting back on track. Havent been good at getting back so thats why i ask for advice.

It might help if you gave us all more information to work with.

What is your height, current weight, goal weight? How many calories/day are you actually eating? How many calories has MFP set you and what were the parameters for that (weekly loss rate and activity level)? What did the person you hired give you? How long have you stuck with any single plan of consistent eating and exercising and what was the result? What about MFP hasn't worked for you that makes you think using the guided setup won't help you reach your goal?
  • StatChicBayes
    StatChicBayes Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    "Worth hiring someone to get macros and calorie intake numbers?"

I will say in my case it was worth it - but I am 4'11'' and had some health issues. Being short, MFP thought I should be at 1200 calories; I had BMR tested (was higher than calculator used by MFP). Being pre-diabetes my Dr wanted me on a slightly reduced carb (37%), higher protein/fat than what MFP suggested as well. Working with Dr and dietician we set calories at 1400, with 110 grams of protein and then worked out the other macros. I am curious why you felt that working with the

"i want to burn fat while working out at least an hour a day for 5 days a week. "

If you have a deficit through either reduced calories or in your case increased exercise or both, you will lose fat, but also water and muscle. Adding strength training in can help reduce the amount of muscle loss. There is lots of info on the forums here.

The info at https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/ and links to other sections may be useful if you are working on your own to set targets as an alternative to MFP; it helps with getting overall calorie goals, then sets protein (with strength training), then fat; carbs are what is left that you can program into MFP. It actually is pretty close to what Dr/dietician came up with for me. But is it critical to follow? Probably not.

Now I rarely nail my macros; some days I gain, some I have bigger drops than expected as weight loss is not always a linear function of "reported calories" and "exercise calories" (lots of measurement error there!) Water weight fluctuates a lot for me. The important part is developing a way of eating that is sustainable - some days I have pasta or pizza and go over "recommended" carbs. I am happy with my long term trend and enjoy what I eat!