Brussels Sprouts, good or bad?!

2»

Replies

• katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    Like all the brassica family I think a lot of people over cook them desperately.

I like to cut them in half, put them in a colander, pour boiling water over them, and let sit for about 3 minutes. Toss them with bacon bits and cherry tomatoes in a tiny bit of the bacon drippings, and fresh grated parmesan, then roast in the oven at a pretty high temp just until the tops start to brown. The outside gets a nice caramelized char while the inside stays crisp and yummy. Top with a light drizzle of balsamic and nosh away.

• daveredvette
    daveredvette Posts: 87 Member
    I just started eating them at a restaurant, now i bought some and plan to try your options.
  • reneetollison
    reneetollison Posts: 6 Member
    While cutting in half, lightly brown some minced garlic in EVOO over low heat. Add the Brussel sprouts. Stir. Add salt & pepper to taste. Let brown lightly, stirring a couple times. Add chicken broth to cover BS about halfway up. Add a few splashes of hot sauce and turn heat up so the broth boils. Continue stirring and adding broth till the BSs are tender to your liking
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I only like them roasted in the oven.

Salt pepper cut in halve and baked for 30 mins.
    Balsamic glaze

I might give them another try this way. I've never liked them before.
  • queen4evr125
    queen4evr125 Posts: 20 Member
    Love brussel sprouts!!!
    Fry two strips of bacon until crispy ( set bacon aside)
    Drain oil
    In same pan saute brussels , clove of minced garlic, chopped bacon , shallots , cilantro , add seasonings
    ( 1/4 tsp. Lemon pepper, cayenne , onion powder , garlic powder , paprika )
    I love the flavor of a shredded smoked gouda ( just a pinch )after you plate your aldente brussels
    Enjoy!!!!
  • sgtpeper
    sgtpeper Posts: 19 Member
    Who doesn't like "DA Sprouts"?!! Love them!
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    I love them and have been preparing them in the air fryer. Halved, spritzed with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Just 1/2 cup water in steamer basket= perfect tenderness and carmalized outer leaves. Yum!
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    i haven't met a brussels sprout i didn't like. i love roasted them with a little olive oil and stealing all the crispy burnt ones. mmmm, burnt brussels sprouts
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    I personally have grown fond of Brussels sprouts and I think they have a bad wrap. They’re very tasty when cooked right!! What are your Brussels sprout recipes?

Here’s mine:

1 cup Brussels sprouts (cut in halves)
    Drizzle olive oil
    Sprinkle lemon pepper
    Sprinkle cayenne pepper
    Bake for 30 minutes on 350
    Drizzle balsamic vinegar and enjoy!

I will eat them raw but not cooked. When I was growing up my mom boiled the life out of brussel sprouts and I still cant make myself eat them cooked.
  • SueLee2963
    SueLee2963 Posts: 5 Member
    I have tried to like them by cooking them many different ways but it will never happen. I'm the same way with olives, I want to like them but I just can't 😃