JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS ~ ROUND 83

Replies

• eb8566
    eb8566 Posts: 249 Member
    eb8566 wrote: »
    @Hilogirl2018 what did you about carbs? Are you still on keto? Low carb? I went on vacation about that time and missed how it went.

@eb8566 I'm not on keto now. Here's what I did: I was on for a month as you know (25 g carbs or fewer). Took a month to gradually add back carbs until I was at/slightly above 50 g. Then stopped counting. I got all the benefits of keto that I love, none of the awful joint pain and fatigue that I've experienced when (too abruptly) going from low to high carb previously, and didn't gain any weight back! Experiment success! I think I'll do this a few times a year- keto can be one amazing tool in my toolbox, but not my forever, day in day out way of eating. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the info! I have been wondering about you and so glad to hear this went so well! I would love to add some carbs back into my diet. I eat so many veggies that I already get around 40-50 a day but go above that and water weight comes on strong. I know it’s water but the bigger fear is that I will stop losing. Irrational, I know. I’m scared to add the carbs but don’t want to burn out completely. So this info is really helpful. This weekend is a celebration and I’m going to take a small diet break. Maybe I will go ahead and raise carbs a little while the water weight is already on.
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    @Hilogirl2018 what did you about carbs? Are you still on keto? Low carb? I went on vacation about that time and missed how it went.

@eb8566 I'm not on keto now. Here's what I did: I was on for a month as you know (25 g carbs or fewer). Took a month to gradually add back carbs until I was at/slightly above 50 g. Then stopped counting. I got all the benefits of keto that I love, none of the awful joint pain and fatigue that I've experienced when (too abruptly) going from low to high carb previously, and didn't gain any weight back! Experiment success! I think I'll do this a few times a year- keto can be one amazing tool in my toolbox, but not my forever, day in day out way of eating. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the info! I have been wondering about you and so glad to hear this went so well! I would love to add some carbs back into my diet. I eat so many veggies that I already get around 40-50 a day but go above that and water weight comes on strong. I know it’s water but the bigger fear is that I will stop losing. Irrational, I know. I’m scared to add the carbs but don’t want to burn out completely. So this info is really helpful. This weekend is a celebration and I’m going to take a small diet break. Maybe I will go ahead and raise carbs a little while the water weight is already on.

I'm so glad it helped! I think the best advice I can give is to creep up gradually, watch calories closely, and don't freak out over some initial higher numbers on the scale. Remind yourself that here in this wonderful group, plenty of folks are seeing good progress without doing keto at all, so more carbs won't hurt you. Good luck, and feel free to ask any questions that come up! I'm no expert, but happy to share what worked for me.