Women 200lb+, Let's Aim High This July!!!

Replies

• beccaxsos
    beccaxsos Posts: 22 Member
    IsETHome wrote: »
    Well yesterday I finally hit onederland, today it stuck! I have met my original July goal (my birthday month).
    HW in June 2018 242, SW in November on MFP 236, CW 198.8 - I also had measured in May (which was only about 7 lbs ago), and retook my measurements today - I dropped 1.5 inches in my hips and .5 inches around my neck - which shows the exercise is toning up also. My bust was also slightly smaller, and my waist stayed about the same. My next goal is to be 190 by the end of September.... I'll think about August goals for our next board.

Wow, great!! Your progress is really showing!
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Thank you so much! @OneSourApple
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    I'm in a rut of gaining and losing the same 2 lbs over and over and over. I know this will pass, and I'm working on tightening up my logging, but DAMN, it's frustrating.
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    I was doing well until I had a gout flare. I have gained 4 lbs because I’ve tried to keep my foot elevated. I think I might be able to get my shoe on Sunday. If I can, I’m going to be on the recumbent bike. Really upset with myself that I didn’t eat less!

Connie in KY
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    speyerj wrote: »
    So I might have set a too ambitious goal for myself to lose 10 pounds this month. There are 10 days left in the month and I am 5.9 down. Not bad at all, but I suspect I'll fall a pound or two from my goal.

This is my second month after a year and a half hiatus. I'd forgotten so much. Such as how the first month of tracking will be my best month; it won't always be that easy. I lost 15.9 pound my first month. That kind if weight loss isn't sustainable. And it's mostly water.

Now, every pound will be a struggle as my body fights what I'm putting it through. And the motivational message when you complete your dairy that "if every day were like to day you'd weigh x in 5 weeks" has no basis in reality. Weight loss isn't a simple mathematical equation and it's rarely linear. So many other factors like hormones come into play.

I need to reset my expectations and celebrate a 6 pound weight loss, not beat myself up because it isn't 7.

Well said! Hey, its 6 lbs less than you weighed before! I call that a WIN! 👏🏻🎉
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    Weighed myself yesterday to get a better idea of where I'm starting at now, 182. I would love to get to 180 by the end of the month but seeing as how that's closer than I had thought I'm not holding high hopes. Not to mention I'm starting to use weights again which will probably build muscle. I have to remember that and not get discouraged if I see the scale bounce around.

Well, let's see what the scale says next week!

PS, feel free to add me! I could use the friends for motivation and will gladly be a helpful motivator! 😁
  • beccaxsos
    beccaxsos Posts: 22 Member
    Good job everyone who is meeting their goals or close to! And welcome new ladies! It's great to see that we aren't letting setbacks knock us off track. This is my first month so I know the crazy downward roll of the scale will come to a defeating halt soon enough. Then it's a battle to not give up when I don't lose a thing for two weeks. But at least I've pushed through before and so I know that I can win the war.

I had set a goal to be 222 by my birthday, Aug 5th. I hit 221.6 this morning. BUT first month, water weight, I'll just be happy if the scale doesn't pop back up.
  • srm2783
    srm2783 Posts: 1 Member
    I know I am really late to the July group, but wanted to jump in so that I can participate in August goals!
  • amkita
    amkita Posts: 183 Member
    back from vacation and logging. I was going to try to keep track, but I mostly didn't have service while traveling (Empire Builder train for 44 hours each way). I decided to relax on tracking and just try to make good choices, but also just enjoy the vacation!

only up 0.5lbs today, as compared to before leaving town, so I'm feeling pretty good about it. yay!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    I’m back up a pound after the weekend. I’m hoping some cardio will ease me back down. I wanted to finish July at below 195, but I’m not sure that’s going to happen!
  • OverweightZombie
    OverweightZombie Posts: 12 Member
    SW- 293 July 1st
    CW-293 (I'm only going to weigh myself once a month so I don't get discouraged)
    GW-199

Hello, I'm really hoping someone can offer me a bit of advice because I've been struggling. I have been on a 30 carb keto diet since July 1st, and have not had a single cheat, but the carb cravings have never gone away. Sometimes i lay in bed for hours, simply fantasizing about cereal. When i first started this diet, I was told the cravings would go away after 2-3 days, but it's been 22 days and they seem to be getting worse. I've been losing weight on this diet (i'm not weighing myself for the first time until aug. 1st) and I know this because my clothes are all too big now, but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. I made my diary public if anyone wants to take a look.

Please help!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    SW- 293 July 1st
    CW-293 (I'm only going to weigh myself once a month so I don't get discouraged)
    GW-199

Hello, I'm really hoping someone can offer me a bit of advice because I've been struggling. I have been on a 30 carb keto diet since July 1st, and have not had a single cheat, but the carb cravings have never gone away. Sometimes i lay in bed for hours, simply fantasizing about cereal. When i first started this diet, I was told the cravings would go away after 2-3 days, but it's been 22 days and they seem to be getting worse. I've been losing weight on this diet (i'm not weighing myself for the first time until aug. 1st) and I know this because my clothes are all too big now, but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. I made my diary public if anyone wants to take a look.

Please help!

Your diary is still private. :)

I mean... maybe keto isn't for you? You can lose weight just counting calories. Then you could have cereal instead of just dreaming of it.