Replies

• fraukazi
    fraukazi Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    @quiltingjgirl congrats on your NSV! I'm sure you feel awesome
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    @lolakinks I like the new profile picture!

@shunggie In Alabama, we are also having unseasonably pleasant temperatures. Went for a walk at 10:30 this morning and it was 72 and breezy and barely humid! Sorry for everyone who is having our southern weather currently, but we in the south are enjoying the respite!

@deepwoodslady Good luck on the travel day. Chinese should be ok, you can keep it pretty low carb if you skip the rice!

@SheilaBoneham Sorry that your dinner wasn't as pleasant as it might have been! Good job for speaking out.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement @musicsax! When I first found these 10-day challenges, I'd only been back on MFP for a month and felt like I had such a long way to go to reach my goal. Your posts were so inspiring because they helped me believe that not only could I reach my goal, but that I could make real lifestyle changes.

Thanks @FarmerCarla - that's the plan. But it is nice not having to buy too much on the way down :)
  • Hilogirl2018
    Hilogirl2018 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    ROUND 84 (Round 26 for me)
    5’4 ½” 67 y/o Texas Lady
    SW 178 lb.
    Goal: Maintain between 135 and 140 lb. and increase muscle, endurance, and jogging distance (while not damaging my knees).
    I started Round 54 and keto WOE on September 24, 2018.
    Cumulative weight loss for Rounds 54-70 = 44 lb.
    I started and finished the last four rounds with a high weight of 135. I’ve grown accustomed to the keto WOE and, mostly, stick to that, but I add extra carbs when I’m under 135, which is almost daily.

Day/Weight/Comment
    07/22 131.(something) I was in a hurry to leave the house and didn’t write it down.
    07/23 131.6 I knew I missed a few days of the last round, but didn’t realize I only checked in the first day! I’ll try to do better this round. I had a stomach issue from eating too many carbs last week, and I lost a little more than I wanted to lose, but I’m okay now, and eating more carefully. I like the keto WOE and fully intend to stick with it, but if someone makes the decision to go back to carbs, I suggest you add carbs gradually. Your body will revolt more violently than it rebelled when you started keto. That’s been my experience, anyway.
    07/24
    07/25
    07/26
    07/27
    07/28
    07/29
    07/30
    07/31

@FarmerCarla that's been my experience, too- I've abruptly added in a 'regular' amount of carbs vs. added in very slowly, and wow! Slowly is the way to go. I feel achy and awful when I add too much, too soon.