I hate water.

Options
There I said it.
I force myself to drink it-buy myself new water bottles. But I really can't stand it. There are times I'm super thirsty and chug water, sure...I drink plenty when I run...but it is jut so boring to me.

I've played around with infused water but...what do you all do to keep it interesting?

Replies

• Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I like water, but to switch it up, I add True Lemon and True Lime products. About 10 calories per serving. My friend is extremely picky about what she puts in her body and she recommended them. I particularly like the True Lime Black Cherry Limeade. They are available at Walmart.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Flavor packets... Peach mango tea atm from local giant
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,321 Member
    Options
    we have a reverse osmosis water system , tastes good but I got so used to putting some aloe vera juice in my water or a little of the fruit tea I make, or some lemon juice, I can hardly drink water without it. Maybe you can add a little flavor
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    we have a reverse osmosis water system , tastes good but I got so used to putting some aloe vera juice in my water or a little of the fruit tea I make, or some lemon juice, I can hardly drink water without it. Maybe you can add a little flavor

Fruit tea sounds interesting. And I am trying to do like...sun tea/herbal teas, since those don't contain caffeine and count as hydrating fluids.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    We have a britta, and I find that water from it tastes better than water from a bottle. But then again I don't really have an issue with water taste. Sometimes I will squeeze in some lemon juice from slices to make it a bit more interesting.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    drink everything but water. and watch my output to make sure i'm hydrated enough
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    Like you, if I’m really thirsty I will drain a glass but, in general I just can’t get water down for the sake of it. I drink a lot of fruit infusions, by which I mean fruit teas, but with no actual tea! I don’t mean those bottles of water with fake fruit flavour! 🤮. Also black coffee. Occasionally, a can of Diet Coke.

I wouldn’t worry about forcing water intake, a surprising amount of your daily requirement is obtained from your food anyway and anything ‘wet’ counts as far as drinking goes. It’s all water based at the end of the day!
  • maureenseel1984
    Options
    Like you, if I’m really thirsty I will drain a glass but, in general I just can’t get water down for the sake of it. I drink a lot of fruit infusions, by which I mean fruit teas, but with no actual tea! I don’t mean those bottles of water with fake fruit flavour! 🤮. Also black coffee. Occasionally, a can of Diet Coke.

I wouldn’t worry about forcing water intake, a surprising amount of your daily requirement is obtained from your food anyway and anything ‘wet’ counts as far as drinking goes. It’s all water based at the end of the day!

I mean we...are water......whoa-this just got deep. LOL/JK

474lktioys5u.gif
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    advlnhbj9f1i.png
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I actually like water, but I still only probably drink two glasses of water per day typically. Otherwise - coffee, black tea, green tea, herbal or fruit teas (Celestial Seasonings often), diet soda, generic versions of Mio or Crystal Lite flavor drops. I eat lots of soup, fruits, and veggies too!
  • maureenseel1984
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    I'm lucky. Our tap water is great without a filter and water is my drink of choice. I rarely drink anything else.

I'm sorry for those of you who don't like it.

Yeah I mean...our tap and water from the fridge are both fine/taste good. I just...get tired of it really quickly.
    I love coffee but I add half and half to mine. And it doesn't dehydrate you...just doesn't hydrate you as much as other fluids...so I try not to drink too much...(plus if I get too much caffeine I get headaches). I like fizzy water more than still.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    You can drink other things besides water. I drink my fair share of water, but I also drink a lot of bubbly waters that are flavored with just a tiny bit of fruit juice (I like Spindrift), cherry coke zero, a variety of tea, etc.
  • maureenseel1984
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    thumb_celery-is-95-water-and-100-notpizza-disadvantage-of-celery-53498182.png

HAHAHAHAHA
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,561 Member
    Options
    I love plain water when I'm working out but not the rest of the time. I've started making iced tea in the Instant pot each night and go through a pitcher a day. I like but don't get often Mio and Crystal Light Raspberry Iced tea and mango tea. I add mint, lemon, and cucumber to my water.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Freeze mint leaves in ice cubes for cool and refreshing, and, I think would hit the “interesting” wish. :-)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I love water. I often drink it with ice and lemon. Lately I have been making minty water.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I love water. I often drink it with ice and lemon. Lately I have been making minty water.

how do you make minty water?
    I started to leave the green tea bag in thermos with water the night before and I add ice in the morning to take with. It's milder than making with hot water. Like cold brew coffee. It's nice and adds vitamin C.

I looked it up: Easy! And I have mint growing in the garden, more like taking over the garden!

What You’ll Need for the Fresh Mint Water,
    You need to get a few sprigs of mint. If you have lots of mint you can add more if you want. I find two sprigs will easily flavor a half gallon of water.

Step 1,
    Wash the mint. Crush the mint, we do this by rolling it between our hands.

Step 2,
    Drop the crushed mint into the water and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.

Step 3,
    After sitting overnight, you’ll have a very refreshing minty drink. Once the water is flavored strongly enough, remove the mint from the water.
  • anhy
    anhy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's easier for me when the water is ice cold. I also find cucumber water better tasting when regular water is too blah.