Ok or not Ok

Replies

• lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Depending...if they are trading me for a middle seat and I was at the window or aisle, Not okay...No

Neighbors not picking up their dog poop when it does it's business in your yard!

SO NOT OK.

Speaking of neighbors..,we have a neighbor who has had a huge dumpster in their front yard (for construction work that never happens) for 1.5 years now....the guy who lives next to him constantly complains about it, is having the dumpster sitting in your front lawn for over a year wrong?
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    Totally wrong and not ok. Do you have an HOA? Call them. If not, you can probably call the sheriff.
    Not rinsing off dishes before putting them in the dishwasher
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Not ok if you expect clean dishes.

When babysitting grandkids, use your own methods instead of sticking to their parents by the book baby raising?
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    I say it's okay. Grandparents are the best! I have no kids though, so parents might have a different opinion. lol

Telling another person's child to behave when the parent isn't doing so.

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    I've done it...but I'm a teacher so it's in my 'blood'...

Not letting a pregnant woman go in front of you during a major sale - you've been waiting in line for 5 hours
  • lauragreenbaum
    OK unless she's in her 8th month in which case she probably shouldn't be at a sale
    Not brushing your teeth after every meal
  • helow88
    helow88 Posts: 74 Member
    Not ok. I never want to pay a huge bill to a dentist.

Not putting the shopping cart back in the cart corral.
  • lauragreenbaum
    Not ok
    Referring to San Francisco as "Frisco"
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Not ok... Its totaly San Fran!

Leaving fans on when you are not home??
  • PaperDoll_
    Not okay

Not helping bag your groceries when there's no bagger and holding up the line?
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Not ok

Butting in the middle of a conversation
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    lg013 wrote: »
    Depending...if they are trading me for a middle seat and I was at the window or aisle, Not okay...No

Neighbors not picking up their dog poop when it does it's business in your yard!

SO NOT OK.

Speaking of neighbors..,we have a neighbor who has had a huge dumpster in their front yard (for construction work that never happens) for 1.5 years now....the guy who lives next to him constantly complains about it, is having the dumpster sitting in your front lawn for over a year wrong?

It’s illegal where I live, but cops won’t do anything until neighbors say something. You don’t have to give your name, just call and say the address where it is. Can you google your city’s policy?
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    Not ok

Butting in the middle of a conversation

Yes if there’s a fire. Other times, no.

Leaving tv on when you go to the grocery store?
  • PaperDoll_
    Not okay and not sure why anyone would do that.

Blasting music in your car?
  • lauragreenbaum
    OK if your windows are up
    Asking a friend who has invited you on an incentive trip she won if you can get a reduced room rate to extend your stay a few days afterward so her boyfriend can join her after you leave.
  • lauragreenbaum
    So full disclosure, the above scenario happened to me. I won an incentive trip and asked my BFF to join me as my guest. Everything is paid for, which is great! She later asked me if her boyfriend could join the day we were supposed to leave so they could stay on for a few days together. She asked me to ask our hosts for a reduced room rate (this is a 5 star resort in Mexico). I was so surprised by the request but I said ok and the resort was nice enough to extend a lower rate, but it was awkward for me and I think kind of tacky of her to ask. BTW, her boyfriend is supposedly pretty wealthy, so why is she asking me to arrange for a lower rate for them? The whole thing bothers me, but it's done now so I'm not going to say anything to her. What I should have done in retrospect is told her it made me uncomfortable. Lesson learned. Am I making too big a deal out of it?
  • PaperDoll_
    So full disclosure, the above scenario happened to me. I won an incentive trip and asked my BFF to join me as my guest. Everything is paid for, which is great! She later asked me if her boyfriend could join the day we were supposed to leave so they could stay on for a few days together. She asked me to ask our hosts for a reduced room rate (this is a 5 star resort in Mexico). I was so surprised by the request but I said ok and the resort was nice enough to extend a lower rate, but it was awkward for me and I think kind of tacky of her to ask. BTW, her boyfriend is supposedly pretty wealthy, so why is she asking me to arrange for a lower rate for them? The whole thing bothers me, but it's done now so I'm not going to say anything to her. What I should have done in retrospect is told her it made me uncomfortable. Lesson learned. Am I making too big a deal out of it?

Seems like she was taking advantage of your generosity. Next time, if something makes you feel uncomfortable, don't do it and let her know. A real friend will understand.

• PaperDoll_

Not okay

Driving around the railing of a train track when they're down but you don't hear or see a train and have been sitting a few minutes?
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »

Not okay

Driving around the railing of a train track when they're down but you don't hear or see a train and have been sitting a few minutes?

Not OK to me, perhaps OK to someone willing to take a risk.

Binging of any kind?
  • PaperDoll_
    Not okay. Binging tends to make you sick regardless of what you're binging on.

Complaining about a significant other to their relatives when you get into an argument?