What's on your mind?

Replies

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Lost 2/3 of my chicken flock to various predators in less than a month. Down to 11. And I only have one Americauna left.

Fixed some security breeches and lost no more last night. Tired of feeding the wildlife.

So sorry!
    The ex and I bought ducks for our pond and everyday when we went out to the farm one more was gone.
    Evidence of the Carnage all that was left one day.
    I felt so guilty that I put those poor little ducks out there for bobcats to eat.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Lost 2/3 of my chicken flock to various predators in less than a month. Down to 11. And I only have one Americauna left.

Fixed some security breeches and lost no more last night. Tired of feeding the wildlife.

So sorry!
    The ex and I bought ducks for our pond and everyday when we went out to the farm one more was gone.
    Evidence of the Carnage all that was left one day.
    I felt so guilty that I put those poor little ducks out there for bobcats to eat.
    💙
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    1sphere wrote: »
    I’m starting to secretly dislike making surface level friends, what’s the point? they can distract you too much and they need not be in your life, there are people who are better for you out there somewhere.
    Some people are alone and somewhat confused, but other people are alone and clever because it’s wise to take your own time to seek your own truths and interests, and explore what interests you

Truth👆
  • This_far
    This_far Posts: 536 Member

Go biblical, nothing boys like more than a shepherds sling and permission from mom to fire rocks at chicken hungry raptors
  • 777Gemma888

Families with backyard chicken coops swear by burying hardware mash at least 2-3 inches around their chicken coop parameter, as our predators here know to dig into enclosures.

• your_future_ex_wife
    edited July 2019

Families with backyard chicken coops swear by burying hardware mash at least 2-3 inches around their chicken coop parameter, as our predators here know to dig into enclosures.

It’s been years and we never had a problem like this. Something is screwy.

Some were taken in broad daylight by hawks. Some were taken when the hard metal wire was sliced open - raccoon. One was taken because of a two inch gap in a door frame- fox I think.

They’re all cooping in the barn now. They should be alright.

ETA: yes, about the digging. I’ve never let a coop rest on the ground - always elevated
  • 777Gemma888

It’s been years and we never had a problem like this. Something is screwy.

Some were taken in broad daylight by hawks. Some were taken when the hard metal wire was sliced open - raccoon. One was taken because of a two inch gap in a door frame- fox I think.

They’re all cooping in the barn now. They should be alright.

Ahhhh ... That is strange. Maybe they're younger hawks targeting easier prey, as they're starting to learn to hunt ? Hope it isn't due to diminished supplies on their usual hunting grounds.

At least you have deduced exactly which animals are your likely predators and have secured your flock of chickens in your barn. They're so vulnerable - chicken, ducks et al.

• bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    I just got ghosted by someone who I thought was genuine. How do you know who’s truly genuine? I just want to stay guarded all the time.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    i took this pic of sunset last nite

5ov2mpyc7zdo.jpeg

This is so beautiful. I love sunsets. Great picture.
  • joannehornik1969
    joannehornik1969 Posts: 15 Member
    Friend me and lets encourage each other and have fun too!!!
  • honeybee__12
    Piece of **** phone app. :/
  • The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_
    The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_ Posts: 2,069 Member
    Pizza
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sharing bacon. Unusual thought.
  • honeybee__12
    My car was reading 106,
    it’s hot!
  • 777Gemma888
    My car was reading 106,
    it’s hot!

I am quite pleased our temps are mid 80s° with 10 mph winds upon reading your 106°. Still, my AC is set to 75° as it is set to climb to higher temps in 3 hours.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Sharing bacon. Unusual thought.

Who even does that??? Just no.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    m7v1qtjeud5v.jpg

My head hurts