Women - do you wear makeup?

Options

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I never wear make up.

I'm not a knock out beauty but i know i'm cute and beautiful inside and out and don't feel the need to wear makeup to show that.
  • adnama36
    adnama36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wear a little makeup to work so that I look professional and put-together when talking to clients. If I'm going out to dinner or to a party, I'll wear it, but if I don't feel like putting any on before going to the grocery store, I don't wear it...and I don't worry about it! I never wear makeup to the gym or if I'm hanging out at home.
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    For every day things, I dont wear makeup. If I'm going to a special event for a family (like a dinner function) I'll throw on a little bit. I only go big if I'm going to a party, club, bar, etc.
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    Yes, I wear makeup. :)

I don't do it for men or women, I do it for myself and myself only!

I leave the house without make up all the time and I feel completely confident with and without it. ;-)
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    The last time I wore makeup was at my wedding in June 2004 :laugh:
  • JamieSK
    JamieSK Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I used to wear make up a lot more than I do now. My husband doesn't care for it. I don't wear it if I'm at home and don't wear it when I go out unless it's an event or something we're going to...don't wear it to the grocery & never when working out.

I don't really care myself what other people think of me; I'm comfortable in my own skin. I do like to see other women without makeup and admire their beauty without it...it's what's inside your mind & heart that matters.
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am wearing less and less the older I get.

I put on sunscreen at home, then bring the makeup bag with me to work. Somedays, I forget to put it on I am so busy!

today I am wearing eyeliner, foundation...and lipstick.

I always wear lipstick!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    On a day to day basis, I do not wear makeup.

I do wear makeup as part of costumes and lightly for formal portraits.
  • jan169
    jan169 Posts: 38
    Options
    I LOVE makeup! Haha, just because I want it to be my career on the side! (:
    When I go to school, I never leave without putting on makeup. Partially because I want to look attractive to guys and partially because I want other girls my age to think that I look nice and put together. If I'm going to church or parties, etc., same deal.
    I know guys say that they like the "natural look" better, but honestly, at least guys my age 17-19, I feel like without makeup they would not necessarily think I look too attractive.
    If I'm going to the market, or somewhere very quick, I won't wear any, it just takes too much time.
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    Look at my profile picture... LOL No, I don't wear that everyday. I actually did it for a YouTube contest (no, I didn't win). Plus, I've always wanted to be a makeup artist for someone famous.

Yes, I do wear makeup. I feel that it expresses how I feel inside -- most of the time. When I wear something natural looking, basically I was lazy to actually do something to my eyes. Other than that, I'm usually daring & wearing bright colors. Depends on the season, as well. I wear it for myself, even if ppl think it's for other people.

Yes, I go outside the house without makeup.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I loooove makeup!

My daily routine is primer, concealer, eyelid primer, foundation, blush, sometimes bronzer, brow filler, shadow (s) liner, 1000 coats of mascara, powder, chap stick, lip gloss, sometimes lipstick. Done! :)

But for the gym I'll just do some light mousse foundation, brows, maybe mascara and a little blush if I'm in the mood.

The bare minimum I'll leave the house with is brows and powder.

Doing my makeup is FUN for me. It may sound like I wear a lot but I'm good at it so it doesn't look gaudy or anything. I have good skin, I don't break out (rarely) but I like how I look with makeup. Sometimes I'm jealous of women who don't wear it all the time because it is a little time consuming. To each their own :)
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I wear make-up. I have been a girly girl as far back as I can remember. I always wear it for work. Nothing extreme. Lotion, foundation, powder, blush, eyeshadow, mascara, then lipstick. All lightly done !,If I am rushed, for work, I will leave out a few steps. At home, I rarely wear makeup. I wear it because I think It makes me look pretty :blushing:
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I wear make-up to work but I normally go without it on the weekend unless I have plans. I think I look beautiful either way but I'm 5'2" with a baby face so it does make me look older. When I go out in public with my children and no make-up on, people tend to think I'm their sister, lol! I love different color eyeshadows and I always get complimented on my make-up, even by a make-up artist once (which was awesome!). I never wear make-up to the gym and if I go right after work, I wash it off in the locker room before I start.
  • aarce
    aarce Posts: 20
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE makeup! I'm a complete girly girl in that sense. I wear makeup everyday (excluding workout times), and Sephora is my playground!
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    I wear makeup when I go out to social gatherings. But, if I'm headed to the store or the gym I wear none. I love the act of putting makeup on.. and when I do put makeup on I put it all on... only because I don't wear it everyday :)
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    And if you do wear makeup, do you wear it because you want to look attractive to men or because you just like it? Or do you feel like you wear makeup for other women? Do you leave the house without makeup? How much makeup do you wear?

I *love* make up! I wear it 100% for me. I could not care less what other women (or men for that matter) think of me. I love (dark) eye shadows and playing with shading. I will (and DO) leave my house without make up, but I am one of those chicks that you will see at the gym rocking the waterproof mascara during Zumba. (If they are going to keep putting me on stage, I wanna feel like a rock star first.)

On a regular day, I wear foundation, powder, eye primer, eye shadows, cream eye liners, blush, mascara, lipstick. My Zumba face is clean skin with waterproof mascara, a pressed mineral eyeshadow called "sunlight" (that I use on my lid and at the corners to brighten my eyes) and maybe a little lipstick---if I'm feelin' it. I usually run au natural, though.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    *whoops! hahaa
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    I am bare face ALL OF THE TIME and I actually think that I look good that way. My naturally tan skin can rock the bare face well. I am very comfortable with the way I look with no makeup! But on occasion, I do like to put some make-up on. On those few occasions, I wear very little. I have fallen in love with mineral make-up and love that it gives me the coverage I'm looking for, but still the look of a bare face. I usually only apply it to where I think I need it most. Like if my eyes look dark underneath, I'll only apply it there under my eyes and leave the rest of my face bare and you can't even tell. Then play around with my eye make-up and lip gloss! When I do wear make-up, it is only for me. I don't care what other people think of me. I love how it makes me feel when I do where it! But I love even more just being natural!!
  • MissaUndead
    Options
    I don't wear makeup every day, but I don't go out everyday. When I do go out if I feel like it I will put a little on. I hate the caked on, over done look. I want to look natural and I like to make my eyes pop. Also can't stand the feel of too much on. When I do wear it:
    Lotion
    Sunscreen (every time I go anywhere)
    Concealer (acne and red areas)
    A little loose powder(I get a little oily sometimes)
    Natural blush
    Mascara
    Natural cream shadow
    Sometimes eyeliner
    And that is it!!

My hubby loves when I wear it because how my eyes stand out so much more, I love it because I feel more confident!
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    On a daily basis, I will wear a little blush/bronzer, mascara, and a little lip color sometimes. However, I looooove makeup. I like to look natural but I also like to doll myself up and wear funky/crazy colors. I do it only because I like it and not for anyone else.

Never at the gym or when being active though; my skin is finally behaving and I am too afraid to muck it up.