Intermittent Fasting Please help

Options
I wake up at 6:30 AM. I work Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM. I then move on to MMA from 5:15-6:30 and sometimes 7:30. I hear that INTERMITTENT FASTING is a great way to lose weight. When and how do I get my meals in? I'm super confused on this whole fasting thing. My macros are:
Calories: 2200
Protein: 192 grams / 35%
Fat: 86 grams / 35%
Carbs: 165 grams / 30%

I weigh 240 lbs

Replies

• Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I don't consider myself as doing, intermediate fasting however i have breakfast around 7-30 to 8am lunch around 12, perhaps a snack around 3pm dinner from 5pm to 6pm. I don't eat after that, only have something to drink. that's just my routine.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,126 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Fasting is just narrowing down your meals to a feeding window. 16/8 a la Lean Gains, you fast for 16 hours and feed for 8 hours is the most popular version I think. Since most IF'ers skip breakfast you would basically eat your first meal at lunchtime, maybe have a late afternoon snack and another meal at dinner. The times of the meals depend on when you feel would be the easiest meal to skip. I have mostly seen a feeding window of 1pm - 9pm and a fasting window of 9pm - 1pm.

There is also the Eat Stop Eat method where you fast for 24 hours 1 to 2 times per week. Example would be dinner to dinner or lunch to lunch.

Just remember, fasting will only work if you stay within your calories.

To add to this, the eating window approach 16/8 differs from the 24 hours 1 or 2 times a week in that the 16/8 you eat at a deficit every day. The 24 hours 1 or 2 times a week you use those 1 or 2 24 hour periods to establish a deficit and eat at maintenance the other days.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    I hear that INTERMITTENT FASTING is a great way to lose weight.

Intermittent fasting is a tool in the toolbox of fat loss strategies. That said, there is nothing inherently special about intermittent fasting.
  • cjproietti38
    cjproietti38 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for replying! I think I'm going to do the 16:8 split and only eat from 12 PM to 8 PM, considering I go to bed at 10:30 PM. I will make sure to stay at a deficit and continue to do my exercises. I will also do some research on Dr. Jason Fung to fully understand the science behind fasting. Thank you for the positive messages and advice! Feel free to add me to your friends list! I'm ready for my weight loss journey and I would love to learn and be inspired by your stories as well! :smiley:
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @sgt1372, you sre one of many who have an n=1 experience with IF that gives you more knowledge snd insight than the naysayers. Me too. Keep up the good work and thanks again for sharing.

I do IF too, I am still waiting for that experience. Keep marching on.

Why don’t you tell us more about your experience or lack of it so we can learn something, much like we did from the OP’s sharing?
  • cjproietti38
    cjproietti38 Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    So I've run into a bit of a problem. I just found out that classes will be going till 8:15 PM or 9:00 PM every night. I need to go to bed at 10:30 PM in order to wake up at 6:30 PM for work. Would 1:30 PM to 9:30 PM be bad because that would make me eat an hour before bed? I ask this because 1:30 PM to 9:30 PM would be the only way for me to get a meal in after MMA. I'm in a pickle :neutral: It's also rough that I'm waking up at 6:30 AM and not eating till 1:30 PM... is that a normal and healthy waiting period?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @sgt1372, you sre one of many who have an n=1 experience with IF that gives you more knowledge snd insight than the naysayers. Me too. Keep up the good work and thanks again for sharing.

Same here. My weight loss track exactly with calories when trended over time. Been doing it on and off for more than 10 years. Still waiting for the "miracle" results.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

Why don’t you tell us more about your experience or lack of it so we can learn something, much like we did from the OP’s sharing?

Why did you say "lack"? I usually eat one meal a day, sometimes two depending on if I feel a little peckish. I have been eating this way for a few months now.