Intermittent Fasting Please help

Options

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    So I've run into a bit of a problem. I just found out that classes will be going till 8:15 PM or 9:00 PM every night. I need to go to bed at 10:30 PM in order to wake up at 6:30 PM for work. Would 1:30 PM to 9:30 PM be bad because that would make me eat an hour before bed? I ask this because 1:30 PM to 9:30 PM would be the only way for me to get a meal in after MMA. I'm in a pickle :neutral: It's also rough that I'm waking up at 6:30 AM and not eating till 1:30 PM... is that a normal and healthy waiting period?

It can be. You could try and see how it goes. Some have trouble eating right before bed and some do not.

Personally, I have a schedule somewhat similar to yours, which is why I don't "IF" during Mon through Thursday. I run or do weights before work most mornings, and like having a meal of some kind after that. And I also like having dinner at home, and that means I'm eating both early and late. Friday is usually my rest day so I skip breakfast, and on the weekends I work out later and eat dinner earlier. That's a fine schedule too, but there is nothing wrong with not eating until 1:30 pm if you find you enjoy it and the late dinner is not interfering with your sleep.
  • RivkehS76
    RivkehS76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been doing 16:8 for 3 months now and here's what I've learned.
    * The first month I lost no weight simply maintaining the 8 hour eating window. Calorie deficit is still KEY - you will not lose weight if you're eating too many calories in an 8 hour window.
    * IF keeps me from snacking or consuming drinks with calories at night, after dinner, which is my kryptonite.
    * IF keeps me from adding 200+ random calories a day by 'accidentally eating 2 breakfasts' - i.e., half my kids' leftover cereal and 3 bites of fruit & yogurt at 7am, and then MY whole breakfast at 9am.
    * After the first month with no change, I started restricting calories to about 1100 a day and increased my 5x workouts a week to 6-7. Since then, I've lost ~11 lbs in the past 2 months.
    * Research also shows that your body does some pretty special things from a health perspective when you let it get into a fully-fasted state (12+ hours). So while weight loss is great, overall health is even more awesome.
    Good luck everyone, and great job for trying to find ways to take care of yourselves!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    RivkehS76 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I've been doing 16:8 for 3 months now and here's what I've learned.
    * The first month I lost no weight simply maintaining the 8 hour eating window. Calorie deficit is still KEY - you will not lose weight if you're eating too many calories in an 8 hour window.
    * IF keeps me from snacking or consuming drinks with calories at night, after dinner, which is my kryptonite.
    * IF keeps me from adding 200+ random calories a day by 'accidentally eating 2 breakfasts' - i.e., half my kids' leftover cereal and 3 bites of fruit & yogurt at 7am, and then MY whole breakfast at 9am.
    * After the first month with no change, I started restricting calories to about 1100 a day and increased my 5x workouts a week to 6-7. Since then, I've lost ~11 lbs in the past 2 months.
    * Research also shows that your body does some pretty special things from a health perspective when you let it get into a fully-fasted state (12+ hours). So while weight loss is great, overall health is even more awesome.
    Good luck everyone, and great job for trying to find ways to take care of yourselves!

1100 calories a day with 6 - 7 workouts?
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

Maybe she's very tiny? I hope so...
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

Yep - it's a 6-week challenge program with nutritionists/trainers. 3-4 of the workouts are tough 45-min HIIT sessions, and I do yoga on the other days.

What happens after the challenge?