Over 200 Club Week 4 (open group)

Options

Replies

• ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I took on Jack in the Box today and won. Since I live in Podunk MO we have no Jack in the Box anywhere close and I LOVE Jack in the Box. There is one here in Phoenix... I had bought some frozen dinners to stock my hotel fridge, and the maid turned off my freezer and ruined them all!! :mad: So, I found myself in the Jack in the Box drivethru.... but I turned around and went to Subway. Yea me!! :happy:

You rock girl!!!
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I took on Jack in the Box today and won. Since I live in Podunk MO we have no Jack in the Box anywhere close and I LOVE Jack in the Box. There is one here in Phoenix... I had bought some frozen dinners to stock my hotel fridge, and the maid turned off my freezer and ruined them all!! :mad: So, I found myself in the Jack in the Box drivethru.... but I turned around and went to Subway. Yea me!! :happy:

You rock girl!!!

Awesome job!!:smile:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    about and hour and a half of walking today
  • aml0484
    Options
    40 minutes for me for tuesday
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! You guys!! 90minutes of WATP for me today 6miles!!:drinker:
  • jcpm98
    jcpm98 Posts: 114
    Options
    2/22-60 minutes
    2/23- 90 minutes
    2/24- 90 minutes
    2/25- 120 minutes
    Looking forward to Friday!! I feel like I have lost, everything is falling off and I fit into smaller sizes!!!! WOOOOHOOO!!
  • ricksnaustin
    Options
    Today....30 min. and 1.6 miles. (Doesn't include other stuff I did.)
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    90 minutes for me again !!! I am really busy this week with taking the girls to the doc lol but I am squeezing it in . Down another pound and hoping to shed 3 more before Friday if thats possible!!
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Zero minutes of walking for me yesterday (Tuesday), but I'll get some in later tonight.

I just got done raking leaves for 30 minutes and thought, you know, I need to count those calories burned, but how? I did a quick google search and found a website that helps you calculate approximate calories burned based on the activity, your weight and the time you spent doing it. The website is:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Information/CalorieBurnChart.htm

So, for example, raking leaves would be: .025 x your weight x minutes = calories burned.

I thought it was kind of cool, and the chart includes various everyday activities. It was really helpful for me, so I thought I'd share the info :smile:
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    60 minutes for me today. Keep up the good work everyone!
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    30 minutes for me today
    walked my 2 labs for 15 ahhhh it was so hard!!!!!!
    :happy:
  • Matterafun
    Options
    30 minutes for me today
    walked my 2 labs for 15 ahhhh it was so hard!!!!!!
    :happy:

I bet your dogs loved it!!
  • osmium
    osmium Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Tues - I can't remember, oops :-)
    Weds - 31 minutes Couch 2 5K
    Thurs - 20 minutes
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Please count me in for 40 minutes walking yesterday (Wednesday).
  • aml0484
    Options
    Zero minutes of walking for me yesterday (Tuesday), but I'll get some in later tonight.

I just got done raking leaves for 30 minutes and thought, you know, I need to count those calories burned, but how? I did a quick google search and found a website that helps you calculate approximate calories burned based on the activity, your weight and the time you spent doing it. The website is:

So, for example, raking leaves would be: .025 x your weight x minutes = calories burned.

I thought it was kind of cool, and the chart includes various everyday activities. It was really helpful for me, so I thought I'd share the info :smile:

Thanks for the great link. I'll have to check that out. no walking for me yeaterday. did 30 minutes of cardio though. No walking today as we are getting 6-8 inches of snow. So i'll just be doing more cadio tonight. And LOTS and LOTS of shoveling. Is fit bad that I am excited for the snow so I can have a different workout tonight?
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    60 minutes for me this morning and I am going to try to squeeze in 30 more minutes later this afternoon.Good job everyone!!
  • ricksnaustin
    Options

Thanks for the great link. I'll have to check that out. no walking for me yeaterday. did 30 minutes of cardio though. No walking today as we are getting 6-8 inches of snow. So i'll just be doing more cadio tonight. And LOTS and LOTS of shoveling. Is fit bad that I am excited for the snow so I can have a different workout tonight?

Great info. I was wondering how many calories I burned during my weight training. Now I know! Thanks for the great site.
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    You have all been BLOWING me away this week!!! WHEW, it is so hard to keep up sometimes! Keep up the awesome work and walk away those pounds! I really want to go buy Jillians 30 day shred!
  • Matterafun
    Options

You're welcome!

No, it's not bad at all! In fact, it's great to mix up your cardio routines every now and then. As for the shoveling, unfortunately, the chart doesn't have a number for shoveling snow :ohwell: but if you have a heart rate monitor, I'd definitely wear it. I'm sure you can get a great cardio workout just by shoveling!
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Great info. I was wondering how many calories I burned during my weight training. Now I know! Thanks for the great site.

You're welcome! Calories burned for weight training is a hard one to figure out. I'm glad this info was helpful.