Soo anyone actually ever hook up on MFP or .. Like fall in l

Options

Replies

• elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I think that's really cool. I don't really know anyone in real life who's active/ trying to be more active/ trying to eat right (and it sucks BIG-TIME). This has become a new requirement for anyone I go out with, and seeing as that requirement would take care of itself if I met someone on here, I'd be totally up for it ;)
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Well I am just curious ... Mfp is a site ..were .. Well we all have something in common .. So it's Starting point for even the shyest person to pick a conversation .... We give each other compliments to boost each others confidence and encourage each other along ....sooooo ... it's no wonder great friendships are developed and well..., shall we say there is no lack of flirting going on in here .. Albeit harmless or more serious .... So I am wondering if it has gone that next step for anyone out there .... Relationships form ??? ..... Have you actually fallen in love via MFP ?

I've wondered the same. Not many MFP'ers near me

Same ... I live wayyyyy out of the way ;)
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online because we posted to the same message board for a computer game we both particularly loved. One thing led to another, and this spring we celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary.

It can work if you are prepared to do all the right things, like cooperating, tolerating the other person's faults and finding other mutual interests besides the one thing that brought you together. Each of you has to be a true partner and friend to the other, or it doesn't work. Oh also... pheromones. Nothing works unless you're sympatico physically, and you have to meet to find that out, really. I was very lucky.

Btw, I'm a divorce lawyer... people find all sorts of reasons to break up. It's not easy to stay together in a relationship of mutual respect and love. All sorts of things get in the way, from family finances, to drugs and alcohol, to cultural differences, to the hunky next-door-neighbour, to your new found body after losing all that weight. Respect your spouse and if you don't have one yet, then be alive to the possibilities and take care in choosing that person.

Take care in who you pick. If there's no-one you know who can vouch for that new person, what if they're fooling you, or just not able to appreciate your wonderful self? Get third party opinions. Let them show you over time who they really are. In my experience, it can easily take 2 years for the mask to drop, if the person you're with isn't on the level. You have lots of time.. don't jump too quick!

If you're very very lucky, you'll never have to come to my office. I'm about as popular as an undertaker *nod*.

Mirii
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Well I am just curious ... Mfp is a site ..were .. Well we all have something in common .. So it's Starting point for even the shyest person to pick a conversation .... We give each other compliments to boost each others confidence and encourage each other along ....sooooo ... it's no wonder great friendships are developed and well..., shall we say there is no lack of flirting going on in here .. Albeit harmless or more serious .... So I am wondering if it has gone that next step for anyone out there .... Relationships form ??? ..... Have you actually fallen in love via MFP ?

Where?
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    currently working on getting to know a friend from here....

:blushing:

Awwww... See I think that's really sweet :) Good luck :)

Thanks!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    There was a post not too long ago about a couple who had fallen in love because of MFP. It happens!

Ive made some great friends on here. One in particular Ive actually talked to on the phone and heart dearly. :)
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    That answer would be a resounding YES!!!

See below thread link as I am way too tired to type it again...I'm seeing my beautiful lady this weekend!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/292821-yeah-i-know-it-s-hokey-but-it-s-true
  • katya73
    Options

Wayyyyy down under

Where?
  • katya73
    Options
    That answer would be a resounding YES!!!

See below thread link as I am way too tired to type it again...I'm seeing my beautiful lady this weekend!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/292821-yeah-i-know-it-s-hokey-but-it-s-true

That's lovely :) x
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    bump
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Heck,I am a little bit in love with all the ladies on my friends list here. :heart:
    awwwww
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Ive seen it happen a few times ...... Have you had this happen :wink:

Anyone you know? *wink*
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • dgrayman
    dgrayman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Not many MFP around me that arent married, and I like just being friends right now. I meet a lot of nice and pretty ladies on here. I just dont want to ruin a good thing. Worst thing is that someone might take the flirting the wrong way and consider you a creeper. I became good friend with one friend and she stopped emailing me back, I tried a couple more times. Then I looked her profile up and she defriended me, I stopped emailing her. I didnt want to be that stalker or creeper everyone talks about. So very careful nowadays.
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    i think it is possible!!!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few couples in forums who met here. I also don't think it's a bad thing. If you are going to meet someone online, a site with encouraging people trying to improve their lives. :happy:
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    No but I don't see why it would be a bad idea. :)

Most people I have on here are from the US!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    If I weren't a married woman...

-shakes fist. :explode:
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I think it'd be a great place to meet someone. People on here are REAL and honest about who they are. That's a great way to start a relationship!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Well, not on MFP, but on the site I used to use for calorie counting...The Daily Plate. I met my husband on there. Moved from Chicago to Philadelphia to be with him. :)