The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Chile Rellenos & Sopapillas - so much for being good today. I'm going to have to work my tail off when I get home to make up for lunch..................but it was SO DELICIOUS!
  • RockingRican
    RockingRican Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Chile Rellenos & Sopapillas - so much for being good today. I'm going to have to work my tail off when I get home to make up for lunch..................but it was SO DELICIOUS!

That's sound delicious and I dont blame you! Love chile relleno and sopapillas
  • Cryky13
    Cryky13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m turning 40 in November and I’ve been an yo yo dieter for years. I found it so easy to give up carbs back in the day but now I don’t have the motivation like I use to. Also I’ll lose like 10 pounds and I feel it and I don’t see it so I’ll give up. I love chocolate, cake , cookies. I’m an addict! I just want to feel good again and I’m holding this app will keep me motivated. Reading some people’s post make me feel so sad, guys we can do it! It’s good to see I’m not alone and I can relate to so many other people. If you’re positive and need someone to be your cheerleader ( without being overbearing) like I don’t got time for that then add me up!
  • KateJam50
    KateJam50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to mfp. On my 2nd week :-) 40 years old. I have 60 lbs to lose. Was obsessive about size, diet and exercise (possibly unhealthily so) until my late 20's, when I discovered eating my emotions as a life style (anyone else notice that stress tastes like ice cream?) Climbed to over 300lbs. Lost 100lbs over 3 years ago. Now attempting to get back into the habit of tracking calories and moving more.
    I prefer many small, consistent, lasting changes that build on each other. I've lived enough "life" in my life to just not feel like beating myself up...but that doesn't mean I shy away from challenging myself! :-) I could definitely use the support!
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    @KateJam50 congratulations on the recent 100 lb loss
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Holy moley California is hot!!!!
    First day of vacay was interesting but I got to meet a friend from here so that made it pretty cool

@AliNouveau What part of Cali are you visiting? Definitely been hot but starting to cool down finally. Hopefully you're enjoying your vacay!

Hey we were in LA and today we drove to the mountains. We went though the desert. Wow that was insanely hot. Now it's the perfect temp for a Canadian girl.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    HHD everyone! Hope everyone's week is going well :)
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Almost survived another Monday.....

Really trying to kick it up a notch or 2. I'm 42 and from NM. The last 10 lbs are so freakin hard!

I know! I'm struggling with those for so long now. I'm trying IF 16:8 now, see if that will shake up things. (or I could just give up alcohol and snacks of course but that seems mission impossible).

Good luck with it! I'm getting a bike and going to work in 4 days a week/20 min rides around our house. Adding in some cardio can't hurt. Ireland is on my bucket list of places to visit! My family is from there originally - it's desert where I live, so jealous of the rain!

Jealous of the rain, nooooo!
    Well if you're ever down this way, make sure to let me know :)
  • ShermyMcShermy
    ShermyMcShermy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. 35. Feel free to add me
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    HHD everyone! Hope everyone's week is going well :)

Thanks...weekend is getting closer!
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Time to hit the gym! 🏋️‍♂️
  • Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Good morning 😃☀️
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    ~200 calories in 43 minutes. Not my best performance, but not my worst. Hope everyone’s day is off to a great start!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    Good morning...one cup of joe down, now on to 2nd cup :)
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    jennknut wrote: »
    My Father was placed in a nursing home yesterday - he is 91 - this wasn't unexpected however I ate my feelings yesterday. It is what it is.

sorry to hear that. I went through this with both my parents and it is very stressful situation.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    jennknut wrote: »
    My Father was placed in a nursing home yesterday - he is 91 - this wasn't unexpected however I ate my feelings yesterday. It is what it is.

Sorry to hear that ..
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon All
    Come on 5 PM Friday
  • Mike_III
    Mike_III Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Saw this group and had to laugh; thinking man I am not middle aged...but realize I may be in denial as 40 is just around the corner for me and the metabolism is drastically slowing. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Age is just a number..hope you have a great day too!