What is the one thing about you that surprises people?

Options

Replies

• bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    Options
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    I live in NY and do not eat Pizza....well maybe once a year.....pizza is meh to me

get out

I dont drink coffee or eat ice cream either :)

I mean... Is there any joy in your life?! :disappointed:

Haha.....i manage to press on somehow ;)
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me realise just how unremarkable I am :/
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    This thread makes me realise just how unremarkable I am :/

I’m unremarkable AND I STILL over share. No surprises left.
  • jmobes
    jmobes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don’t drink alcohol. Never acquired the taste for it and I don’t like the feeling of being drunk. Always happy to be a DD before uber 😏
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    jmobes wrote: »
    I don’t drink alcohol. Never acquired the taste for it and I don’t like the feeling of being drunk. Always happy to be a DD before uber 😏

Same here.

When folks learn that I don’t drink, they typically think one of two things; either that I have had a drinking problem or that I’m a bible thumper..... I’m neither.

• your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Same here.

When folks learn that I don’t drink, they typically think one of two things; either that I have had a drinking problem or that I’m a bible thumper..... I’m neither.

People who don’t drink sometimes make me nervous. Like, I expect that they’re judging me. Are you judging me?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Same here.

People who don’t drink sometimes make me nervous. Like, I expect that they’re judging me. Are you judging me?

Me ?

Judging you? .... What?

No.

Well..... maybe.

I Dunno

What are you wearing??

• jmobes
    jmobes Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Same here.

You nailed it, we judge like crazy 😜

I can see how that makes you nervous though. Everyone is but one or two people. Like, what you hiding? Haha.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options

Same here.

Most of the time I couldn’t care less that you’re drinking alcohol and/or drunk etc. Entirely your choice. I just choose not to drink alcohol 99% of the time.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

Same here.

Me ?

Judging you? .... What?

No.

Well..... maybe.

I Dunno

What are you wearing??

You’re the second person to ask me that in five minutes.
    c22bkzpvmbsm.jpeg
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    The sheer depth and breadth of trivia I have locked in my head.

Would you consider yourself more of a "tsunami of knowledge", an "endless abyss of intellect" or perhaps a "plethora of proven points"?

Most common reaction is "Okay, WHY and HOW do you know that??!??!!"
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options

Same here.

Lies!!!!
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    FormerAF wrote: »
    I legally changed my first, middle and last name and I proudly served in two branches of the military

Thank you for your service! Can I ask which branches you served in?
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    I have a single shot of vodka once a year, and thats the only alcohol I drink. I've tried a few different drinks, and they all tasted horrible.

Kaluah, Beer, Wine (wine so sweet it was supposedly teeth rottingly sweet), even whiskey. They've all tasted terrible.

i really hope there is some complex anniversary ritual associated with the once a year sobriety break

Erm...sure?
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I don’t watch the bachelorette or bachelor
    So I can’t be part of the group discussion
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Me neither. Plus I'm the product of two alcoholic parents so I always figured I was screwed genetically and it was probably something best avoided.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Same here.

I’m usually the only one not drinking when I’m with friends. I can tell it serves as a kind of buzzkill so I usually leave early. I’m not doing the judging, i assume I’m the one being judged 😅
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Same here.

I’m usually the only one not drinking when I’m with friends. I can tell it serves as a kind of buzzkill so I usually leave early. I’m not doing the judging, i assume I’m the one being judged 😅
    No, i think I’d be good with it as long as I didn’t feel like I was annoying you with my silliness.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    It surprises some people that I tend to get along really well with older kids and teenagers (let's say age 9 or 10+) because I'm not very comfortable around babies, toddlers, or younger kids.

I chose not to have kids and I'm just kind of indifferent about the younger ones because I haven't been around them much and don't really know how to "play" with them (had the same problem even when I was a little kid myself). But give me a 12 year old who wants to draw and talk about their favorite band, hobby, etc...I'm there. A lot of my friends actually like this a lot because some of the "kid people" (even some grandparents!) in their lives run off as the kids get older.
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    @mattig89ch I was a Air Force and a Army Guard after that
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Same here.

No, i think I’d be good with it as long as I didn’t feel like I was annoying you with my silliness.

Your silliness is why I want to go out with you in the first place! But when I drink, I just crawl under the table and fall asleep. So make mine a Shirley Temple, please.