Couch to 5k

Hi there.
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or fitness and exercise...
I've been doing the Couch to 5k program recently and wondered who else is doing this and what stage you're at? Thought I'd start this as an encouragement thread...post your progress, thoughts and feelings, photos and anything else you want to really! C25K related of course!
I just did run 1 of week 5 last night, so here's my after photo:
y6uvxhl0i5yx.jpg

Looking forward to seeing hearing everyone's progress!🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️

Replies

• Natalietia
    Natalietia Posts: 25 Member
    I'm not currently doing couch to 5K but it was what I used when I first got into running/losing weight and it really did work for me. The voice on the app gave me the encouragement to keep going and it slowly built up my stamina rather than me panting like someone having a heart attack at the side of the road! Which is what happened previous to using the app! :smile:
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    congratulations on your start :)
    i used the zen labs version. then i did the bridge to 10k. this spring i finished my first marathon.
    i believe there is a c25k group for further support
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    I started back with the C25k app in January after falling out of running for several years. I also did the bridge to 10k and am now working on the bridge to half marathon. I used the Zen labs for 5k and 10k, but wasn't willing to pay for the half marathon one, so I've switched to Nike Run Club (which I really like). The program works if you stick with it.
  • nkolpean
    nkolpean Posts: 94 Member
    Congrats on your run!! Last night I finished W5D1 as well. I’m also in the group that @TheMrWobbly talked about. Come join us!
  • Spoilascanb
    Spoilascanb Posts: 40 Member
    I will use this to help me. I struggle running. I can’t do it pass 1 minute.
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    I just finished Week 5 Day 3 last night. It was SO tough but I am so proud that I was able to make the jump to 20 minutes!
  • michp79
    michp79 Posts: 5 Member
    Week 2 day 2, can officially run 90 seconds consecutively!! Woo hoo!!
  • tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,403 Member
    Congrats! I used the couch to 5k to get going in January and ran my first real 5k Sunday in under 31 minutes! The program really helped me train, and then once I finished I was able to create my own plans! Best wishes to you!
  • stg84
    stg84 Posts: 2 Member
    Great job!! I just completed the program today, and am going to start on Bridge to 10k soon
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,508 Member
    edited August 2019
    Come and join us in the C25K group...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

There are B210K threads as well.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Come and join us in the C25K group...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

There are B210K threads as well.

Definitely join us! There are several that started c25k in July and a few of us on b210k also started in July. I found it incredibly motivating to chat with others in the program.
  • leebirm
    leebirm Posts: 95 Member
    edited August 2019
    I tried C25K before and it wasn't really for me, I went into it having done zero exercise since I was a teenager and I couldn't get past week 3.

When I rejoined a different gym I started off just doing 2k, you log into the treadmill using your phone and it logs all of your runs and flashes up on the screen when you have set a new personal record, I found this to be much better for me, I started off trying to beat my previous 2k by just a few seconds and then running for longer etc.

It's took me 11 weeks but now I'm running 5k relatively comfortably.

I know C25K is great, the amount of people who swear by it is testimony enough but if anyone is reading this and is struggling with C25K dont despair because there are other ways to get to the 5k milestone :smiley: