What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I saw a GIF of a calf walking on its back legs upright, it had no front legs. I'm sick at the thought that maybe someone did something awful 😥

Always best to assume it was born that way and adapted quite nicely!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    I saw a GIF of a calf walking on its back legs upright, it had no front legs. I'm sick at the thought that maybe someone did something awful 😥

Always best to assume it was born that way and adapted quite nicely!

I really hope that's the case 🙂
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    any of ya'll mechanics that can give some advice maybe?

my pickup broke down about a month ago now. was a pretty nightmarish day. eventually got it towed and determined it was the distributor had failed. put a new distributor in it, checked the timing, and it runs again.

but since then i been having a random misfire- code 0300. i can clear the code with my odb scanner but it comes back within a day, or within minutes, it seems totally random. i'd put a new cap and rotor (cheap auto parts store versions) on it the day it died, thinking that was the issue at first. since then i've swapped my Delco cap and rotor back in place just because they were in good condition still and only a few months old anyhow.

also swapped in a new crankshaft sensor and had it relearned. new cam shaft sensor too. new ignition coil, new ignition control module, cleaned the mass airflow sensor. cleaned my filter. new PCV valve hose. can't swap the PCV valve itself because it's built into the valve cover on my year model. but it's clean from what i can tell. fuel pressure is also good so i'm not inclined to think its the fuel pump or the regulator dying either. could be bad gas but i've run some fuel/injector cleaner through it too. not having any rotten egg smells or black smoke so i don't think its the catalytic converter, and even if it was i ought to get errors from that and/or the o2 sensors in addition to the misfire code.

i do have a small oil leak from the valve cover gaskets or valve stems i think, because i've got oil buildup on one of my plugs, but i don't think it's enough yet that's it causing the misfire, and even if it was, i should be getting a specific misfire code for that cylinder i'd think, instead of a random misfire, and i should've been seeing that as an issue before the distributor itself died. the plugs and wires themselves are only about 8 months old now. either way im swapping the valve cover gaskets and putting new stem seals in this weekend, and then new plugs again, which should resolve that issue before it gets worse

not sure what else i could test at this point

cevzrbcf7gpa.gif
  • Alzzi_2
    Alzzi_2 Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Today was a struggle with off the charts anxiety and I’m dreading having to do it all again tomorrow

Sorry, I hope it gets better for u.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Today was a struggle with off the charts anxiety and I’m dreading having to do it all again tomorrow

I hope you get a good night’s sleep and wake refreshed and joyful.

(Idk why a sincere hope comes across sarcastic on MFP, but i mean it truly.)
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Options
    Nervous about my upcoming surgery for Prostate Cancer. At 52, it has been freaking me out during the summer, but I know I am in good hands with Massachusetts General Hospital/Yawkey Cancer Center. Doing my best to stay positive.

@never2old67 - positive thoughts and hugs being sent your way. That’s a biggie to carry the worry of. You define are in good hands so keep up the positive spirit💜🤗
  • Pandemonium_
    Pandemonium_ Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    9n181tbf3shx.jpeg

Still not a baby pigeon
  • Pandemonium_
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Why isn't there a bacon flavored breakfast cereal? Bacon is the perfect breakfast food and there's bacon flavored everything these days.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    any of ya'll mechanics that can give some advice maybe?

my pickup broke down about a month ago now. was a pretty nightmarish day. eventually got it towed and determined it was the distributor had failed. put a new distributor in it, checked the timing, and it runs again.

but since then i been having a random misfire- code 0300. i can clear the code with my odb scanner but it comes back within a day, or within minutes, it seems totally random. i'd put a new cap and rotor (cheap auto parts store versions) on it the day it died, thinking that was the issue at first. since then i've swapped my Delco cap and rotor back in place just because they were in good condition still and only a few months old anyhow.

also swapped in a new crankshaft sensor and had it relearned. new cam shaft sensor too. new ignition coil, new ignition control module, cleaned the mass airflow sensor. cleaned my filter. new PCV valve hose. can't swap the PCV valve itself because it's built into the valve cover on my year model. but it's clean from what i can tell. fuel pressure is also good so i'm not inclined to think its the fuel pump or the regulator dying either. could be bad gas but i've run some fuel/injector cleaner through it too. not having any rotten egg smells or black smoke so i don't think its the catalytic converter, and even if it was i ought to get errors from that and/or the o2 sensors in addition to the misfire code.

i do have a small oil leak from the valve cover gaskets or valve stems i think, because i've got oil buildup on one of my plugs, but i don't think it's enough yet that's it causing the misfire, and even if it was, i should be getting a specific misfire code for that cylinder i'd think, instead of a random misfire, and i should've been seeing that as an issue before the distributor itself died. the plugs and wires themselves are only about 8 months old now. either way im swapping the valve cover gaskets and putting new stem seals in this weekend, and then new plugs again, which should resolve that issue before it gets worse

not sure what else i could test at this point

You should ask @Tigg_er,
    he knows all things cars. :smiley:
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options
    Why isn't there a bacon flavored breakfast cereal? Bacon is the perfect breakfast food and there's bacon flavored everything these days.

Are you mocking me???vsv8zi4zc5pc.jpeg
  • Pandemonium_
    Options

But, limited edition. Bacon is marquee and deserves better.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Options

But, limited edition. Bacon is marquee and deserves better.

Moving goalposts.
  • tiarajj1
    tiarajj1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I’m hungry... but I can’t eat
  • caco_ethes
    Options

I hope you get a good night’s sleep and wake refreshed and joyful.

(Idk why a sincere hope comes across sarcastic on MFP, but i mean it truly.)

Definitely knew you weren’t being sarcastic! ☺️ thanks
  • caco_ethes
    Options

hey i’m right there with u <3:(

my plan is tomorrow try to get outside somewhere alone during daylight away from people like in nature and try to breathe a bit

Good idea. When i go outside i feel so much better, like running off into the horizon isn’t that inconceivable
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Dreams tonight better not suck or I'm gonna have to file a complaint
  • jiujitsudad15118
    jiujitsudad15118 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I stink. The shower is a whole 13 steps away though.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I can’t believe I just stabbed my finger with an ice cube, blood and everything. :#
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    Reckoner68 wrote: »
    Dreams tonight better not suck or I'm gonna have to file a complaint

Oh man, ive taken melatonin the last two nights and my dreams were so messed up i felt icky when i woke up