Women 200lb+, Let's Have an Amazing August!!!

Options

Replies

• davisagolding
    davisagolding Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well, I’m getting a little late of a start to the group this time because I just got back today from vacation. July was a month full of traveling. I was gone for about half of the month. Despite that though, my goal was to hit 219, to finally get out of the 220’s, and my lowest before vacation was 218.6, so I narrowly reached my goal! Since joining the group, I’ve noticed that 5lbs per month is very reasonable for me. It is a nice number to aim towards, and it allows me to be human, and not need every day to be perfect. Starting slow has benefitted me greatly. I am a serial restarter, but it feels different this time. I’m less rushed, and my changes are truly more lifestyle-related. I don’t want to lose quickly anymore (though patience isn’t my strong suit) I just want to lose in a way that it can last.

SW: 239
    CW: 218.6(maybe a little more after vacation)
    GW July: 214 or lower
    UGW: 160-then possible re-evaluation from there

Good luck to everyone! I hope you all excel at your goals this month! Also, always feel free to add me if you’d like. I’m always open to new supportive friends🙂

5 pds a month is healthy and doable. Congratulations on the insight.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Well, I’m getting a little late of a start to the group this time because I just got back today from vacation. July was a month full of traveling. I was gone for about half of the month. Despite that though, my goal was to hit 219, to finally get out of the 220’s, and my lowest before vacation was 218.6, so I narrowly reached my goal! Since joining the group, I’ve noticed that 5lbs per month is very reasonable for me. It is a nice number to aim towards, and it allows me to be human, and not need every day to be perfect. Starting slow has benefitted me greatly. I am a serial restarter, but it feels different this time. I’m less rushed, and my changes are truly more lifestyle-related. I don’t want to lose quickly anymore (though patience isn’t my strong suit) I just want to lose in a way that it can last.

SW: 239
    CW: 218.6(maybe a little more after vacation)
    GW July: 214 or lower
    UGW: 160-then possible re-evaluation from there

Good luck to everyone! I hope you all excel at your goals this month! Also, always feel free to add me if you’d like. I’m always open to new supportive friends🙂

5 pds a month is healthy and doable. Congratulations on the insight.

I agree. I'm so glad I chose "the next 5 lbs" as my goal. It relieves so much stress. ❤

@gonna_reach_the_goal33 . Well done!
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @JeBeBu, Thanks for being a great Mom to your kid during their transition and helping your extended family grow and learn from the experience. Best wishes to your husband too! Stress makes this weight loss journey all the harder. I'm rooting for you!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I'd love to join for August!

I've been on MFP for years but haven't participated in this forum much and I would love to have a place this month to keep me focused and share progress!

SW: 252
    CW: 220
    GW: (for August) 215

Goals for August specifically: Keep hitting my Macros, Follow the exercise plan that my wellness coach laid out for me, and take measurements and photos.

Have done pretty well with the marcos and exercise plan my wellness coach has laid out for me. No pictures or measurements... ug. lol

Weigh in today was 218 so right on track. I'm continuing to focus on making this a life style and incorporating all the stuff I'm learning and focused on into my daily life.
  • smzsmz2008
    smzsmz2008 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    New here, first time posting to this board although I’ve been using MFP since I was getting ready for my wedding in back in 2008! 😆
    Little bit about me, I just turned 30 in April, I have 4 kids (8,6,4 & 3) and I just finally got fed up with not feeling good about myself. My husband has been weight lifting for a year and has made some impressive changes in that time, I’ve started lifting with him 3 days a week, he’s a huge motivator for me and super supportive.
    I’m so excited to see this group and where this new month will take all of us!

Restarted this journey on 7/13/19
    SW: 219
    CW: 208.4
    Aug GW: 199
    GW: 170

Other August goal: Be able to do an actual Pull up with out assistance!
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    @JeBeBu, Thanks for being a great Mom to your kid during their transition and helping your extended family grow and learn from the experience. Best wishes to your husband too! Stress makes this weight loss journey all the harder. I'm rooting for you!

Thank you! I am so proud of the strength and dignity my new daughter possesses! I have been proud to be this child's mother since birth, there is no transitioning away from that! 💟
    I appreciate the support and kindness!!
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    I am meeting with a personal trainer tonight. Turns out the gym doesn't have to be the anxiety-filled misery pit that the last gym I went to was. This gym was pretty chill and pleasant.

Also my elbow isn't broken this time. But that arm never fully recovered its strength or flexibility and, much like the hip I broke when I was 14, aches when the weather changes. It occurs to me strength training can only improve that problem.

As someone who has had hip issues almost my whole life (I've had two surgeries on one hip and one on the other), taking weight off has DEFINITELY helped relieve some of that, too.
  • mamaofscj
    mamaofscj Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    First Check-in:

Aug 1 - 219
    Aug 7 - 218.4
    End of Aug goal - 215

Fixed up my bad eating from July and have been making better attempts to get more active. Slow and steady.

Feel free to add me 😊
  • SarahMorris12
    SarahMorris12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Late to the game here: but today’s weigh in
    Aug 1: 219
    Aug 7: 217
    Goal: 210

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    After reading an article about how much water you should be drinking (divide your weight in half - that's how many ounces, then add another 50 oz if you are trying to lose weight), I started really pushing the water. According to the formula, I should drink 22 glasses a day. I didn't think it was doable, but I'm on day 3 of getting that water in and it really got me off a plateau. It's been a good week!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Praying for a woosh!!! 🙏
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    speyerj wrote: »
    After reading an article about how much water you should be drinking (divide your weight in half - that's how many ounces, then add another 50 oz if you are trying to lose weight), I started really pushing the water. According to the formula, I should drink 22 glasses a day. I didn't think it was doable, but I'm on day 3 of getting that water in and it really got me off a plateau. It's been a good week!

That sounds accurate. Half your body weight is the number the dietician told my daughter’s dance class too. She also said that number was for “normal” hydration. The amount should be increased for a cardio workout or weight loss.

Connie in KY
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Day 9 update:

SW: 229 ( May 2019)
    CW: 197
    End of August Goal Weight: 193
    GW 1: 186
    GW 2: 175
    UGW: 168 and maintain!

So I injured my knee during a family members wedding a week ago. So, I have been trying to exercise and push thru!. But I have been able to keep my diet under control (which is most important for me). So onward to my end of the month goal!
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have been on holiday and not checking the boards much, so great to see how many people have joined us! Despite being on holiday then I am proud I stuck to my goals for the week:
    SW:217.8
    CW:217.8 - keeping this the same as I can't weigh myself yet, hoping it hasn't gone up too badly!
    August goal: lose 8 lb
    Long term goal: lose 50lb

My goals last week:
    1. Run at least 5 times - managed this, even though getting up early each day was torture
    2. Only drink three times - managed this, torture!
    3. Eat under 2000 calories per day - think I managed this but wasn't logging properly so not sure.
    4. Only eat bread twice - managed it, but super tough.

This week I am keeping the same goals but adding in:
    5. Only eat sweets/bisucuits/icecream/desert three times.

@JeBeBu you sound like a great mum, so supportive!

@speyerj I think I'd drown if I drank that much water. Wow! You have inspired me to drink more though, thanks.