Women 200lb+, Let's Have an Amazing August!!!

♥️🧡💛 Welcome to the August group! 💛🧡♥️

One month left of summer, so let's finish it off right!

In this group, we share our weekly/monthly goals, provide encouragement, and discuss the ups and downs of our weight loss journeys.

I originally started the "Women 200lb+, Let's ____" group to give myself some accountability. It's helped me to become more aware of patterns in my exercise and food rountines and has let me see when I'm slacking off. I'm so glad that so many of you have found this group and that we can all help motivate each other!

☀️☀️☀️Let's have an amazing August!!!☀️☀️☀️

Replies

• finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    HazelMayes wrote: »
    SW 6/26/19: 326.4
    CW: 308.8
    GW: 150

At the moment, it’s hard to think of goals since I was up all night sick and my current goal is to keep down the chicken noodle soup I had a few minutes ago 😬

In June I managed to get strep twice and pneumonia followed by bronchitis and all the illnesses and steroids and medications in less than a month sent my system haywire. I went from perfectly fine blood pressure and blood glucose to dangerously high over just a few days 😢. So my main goal in August is to continue to get those numbers stabilized and lowered. I want to be able to get back off the bp meds at some point. I’m hoping to keep the Metformin, though, even when my blood glucose lowers, because I’ve been insulin resistant for over twenty years and the only time I loose weight and am not constantly hungry is when a doc prescribes Metformin. Most doctors would not because my blood glucose was okay, hence the starting weight 😖. Whether I exercised for hours and ate 1200 calories a day or barely exercised and ate whatever I wanted, it didn’t matter—I gained slowly but surely 😒

Hang in there!!!👍😊
  • brenrw0213
    brenrw0213 Posts: 4 Member
    SW 292.5
    CW 287.5
    GW 180

August goals:
    Walk 30 mins everyday
    Track all food that I eat
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    @cmsavells Connie, I have gout, too. The pain is on a level all its own. I've lost one toe to gout. Hopefully, I can keep the rest. 😉
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    Hi All, new to the chat

SW 205 in 2017
    CW 177
    GW 135

Last year I worked hard to lose weight through diet and exercise I got all the way down to 142 in March of 18. Then I stopped eating low carb to get pregnant, gained 20 lbs in a few months, got pregnant. I started the pregnancy at 161. My baby is now 11 weeks old and I'm ready to work harder on my eating and start exercising again.

August goals, get down to 174 (overweight and not obese)
    Start 21 day fix after our vacation.
    Cut out extra sugars. No ice cream, I'm a sugar addict and need to stop sugar again.

Long term goal, get in better shape again so I can do Rugged Maniac in June 2020
  • StephCarlaMcClure
    StephCarlaMcClure Posts: 15 Member
    I'd like to join in

SW 304
    CW 277
    August GW - 275

My goal is to keep to plan with 80/20 balance, keep within my planned caloric range (1600 to 1800), hit protein and water targets.
  • bett2u
    bett2u Posts: 6 Member
    I just got back from vacation and gained 3 lbs! Anyhow, July has me down 0.2 overall.
    SW 273
    CW 239.5
    GW 138

End of May, I was 229 but started working and telling myself that I could eat more. Goal for August: drop 10lbs.
  • tamz81
    tamz81 Posts: 8 Member
    I also just got back from vacation and gained 4 pounds! So I need to be diligent about eating under my calorie goals and walk it off.

SW: 231
    CW: 218
    GW: 180