Women 200lb+, Let's Have an Amazing August!!!

Options

Replies

• cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Iโ€™ve been at a plateau for 4 weeks. I thought it would improve as my gout flare resolved, but Iโ€™m still in a holding pattern. Not sure if I should change my exercise plan. I was just walking, but Iโ€™ve been doing 20 minutes on the treadmill and 15 on the elliptical, cool down is an easy stationary bike for 5-10 minutes.

Do I change calories, change exercise, or wait it out a bit more??

Connie in KY
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    @cmsavells

Connie, I have gout, too, though rarely get flare ups anymore. I know there's inflammation involved. At least, there is for me. I would wait it out.

That said, if you've lost a bit of weight and not readjusted your calories for your new weight, you might want to.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Iโ€™ve been at a plateau for 4 weeks. I thought it would improve as my gout flare resolved, but Iโ€™m still in a holding pattern. Not sure if I should change my exercise plan. I was just walking, but Iโ€™ve been doing 20 minutes on the treadmill and 15 on the elliptical, cool down is an easy stationary bike for 5-10 minutes.

Do I change calories, change exercise, or wait it out a bit more??

Connie in KY

Are you eating back exercise calories? Maybe eat back less of them or not at all?
  • angiclarke
    angiclarke Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back on track after an up and down start to August. These were my stats at the beginning of August

SW: 279 lbs
    CW: 266lbs
    (long term) GW: 170lbs

My CW is now 267 lbs but I know what worked and where I went off course. Unlike the other times I have restarted, I feel like I am in a better place mentally and am not going to beat myself about the gain.

I'm back to work tomorrow and the kids are back to school Wednesday so my goals for the rest of August are going to be:
    - to meal plan and log the night before.
    - to track everyday
    - get out of the 260's
    -
    Thanks for reading!

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    @Deanner03

That's awesome! Congratulations!

๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆโค๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hi Iโ€™m a total newbie!
    SW 280
    CW 280
    GW 180

Iโ€™ve needed an assist to really motivate myself and honestly feel inspired.
    I recently had that luck of just that.
    Some great advice to apply that has been a road to success for others and also just not feeling overwhelmed and alone.
    Itโ€™s amazing how simple but significant the consult was.
    Iโ€™m totally stoked to do this!
    Thank you all for being out there and fighting for it!

Welcome! I started at almost the same weight as you! We can do this!
  • FadedNovelty
    FadedNovelty Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Down to 214 somehow magically! I think it's due to the personal training I started. Started the month at 218. I'm hoping to get under 210 this month! I'm trying to keep logging everything, it's hardest on the weekends.
    SW: 243
    August SW: 218
    CW: 214
    August GW: 209
    GW: 150ish

Last week goals:
    1) Log everything! I tend to not log when I go off plan. I need to stop this (did better but still could use some work)
    2) Exercise 6 days a week. Some days this will just be a walk, but every bit helps (I think I did it, I don't remember lol)
    3) Quit soda. I want to be done with soda by the end of the month. Also increase water because of that (going well! down to one soda a day now).
    This week I have the same goals but also adding in:
    4) Stick to my calories during the weekend! Weekends tend to be the hardest for me, I tend to snack a lot more. I plan on sticking to it this upcoming weekend and start breaking that habit!
  • davisagolding
    davisagolding Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    @FadedNovelty Congrats your doing great. ๐ŸŽŠ
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    So it was that TOM and I changed my goal to lose half a pound for that week because I was so hungry I was about to chew the walls. And I lost half of a pound. So predictable lol.

Back to trying to lose 1.5. Currently at 231 and just... longing to see a 2 in that tens spot.

I see my personal trainer tonight. And yesterday I went to the gym by myself, which was a pretty cool victory against anxiety. I seem to be a sweatier person than I used to though? My face was just a faucet pouring sweat, and I didn't feel like I was working that hard.
  • MySlimGoals
    MySlimGoals Posts: 750 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi,
    I've just started back with MFP after a long break away and putting on more weight than ever before.

SW: 121.7kg/268lb
    CW: 119kg/262lb
    GW: 65kg/143lb

Total Loss for August so far: 2.7kg/6lb
    Goal for August: 116kg/255lb

Since I've only been back a couple of days I'm focusing on logging everything and staying within my higher calorie count that MFP recommends.

Also I'm looking for some supportive friends.
  • davisagolding
    davisagolding Posts: 58 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Hi,
    I've just started back with MFP after a long break away and putting on more weight than ever before.

SW: 121.7kg/268lb
    CW: 119kg/262lb
    GW: 65kg/143lb

Total Loss for August so far: 2.7kg/6lb
    Goal for August: 116kg/255lb

Since I've only been back a couple of days I'm focusing on logging everything and staying within my higher calorie count that MFP recommends.

Also I'm looking for some supportive friends.

@MySlimGoals sounds like you're going into this Headstrong. That is great to see. Just keep going on Counting those calories as they say to do and you'll see results in no time. We so look forward to hearing about your physical and emotional progress in the next week.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜€

Davisa
  • nantnet
    nantnet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    SW 298
    CW 246
    GW 150
    I have done it before and got so focused on how to cheat on my meals without really being too bad I have gained a lot of the weight I originally lost. back on the wagon for my health.
  • badenglishmajor
    badenglishmajor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    SW: 230
    CW: 222
    GW: 130

This month, I'm trying to work on making healthier choices and eating around 1200-1300 calories each day consistently. I'm also making exercising a bigger priority.