Women 200lb+, Let's Have an Amazing August!!!

Replies

• JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Home from holidays and got to weigh in, and I lost! So pleased with myself:
    SW:217.8
    CW:211.3
    August goal: lose 8 lb
    Long term goal: lose 50lb

My goals last week:
    1. Run at least 5 times - managed this, even though getting up early each day was torture
    2. Only drink three times - managed this, torture!
    3. Eat under 2000 calories per day - think I managed this but wasn't logging properly so not sure.
    4. Only eat bread twice - definitely went over this, oops!
    5. Only eat sweets/bisucuits/icecream/desert three times. - massive fail. This is my priority this week.

@speyerj I've been drinking so much more water and feel great on it. Thanks for the tip!
  • gunnigal
    gunnigal Posts: 8 Member
    gunnigal wrote: »
    SW: 241
    CW: 228.8
    GW: 200

I'm not trying to get back to the weight I had in my 20s (175 was the most sustainable "thin" weight of my adult life), but I was about 195 when I met my husband 10 years ago, and I'd love to be close to where I was back then. After 10 years, a baby, and a lot of life changes, it's been hard sticking to a system that is reasonable and realistic, but I'm trying.

For August, I'm hoping to reach 225 (though if I could reach 220 I'd be elated!). I'm trying to set reasonable goals for myself. I track all week, leave between 200-400 calories before bed Monday through Friday. On the weekends I don't really track, but I am much more aware of my choices.

Here's hoping.

SW: 241
    CW: 231.1
    GW: 200
    I'm having a little bump up. My mom was under review for potential lung cancer (biopsy came back clear, but a very scary few days) and my son started kindergarten this week. I'm an emotional eater, so I knew the number would climb back. I'm hoping it's just a little bump (of 3 pounds!) and I'll be back in the roaring 20s soon.
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Hey ladies!

This morning I weighed in at 188.7, which is exactly 0.1 pounds shy of hitting a 30 pound weight loss so far! Are scales allowed to tease us like that? Stupid scale. 😛

SW 218.6
    SW August 194.9
    CW August 188.7
    GW 150 ish

8/14 August weight loss so far 6.2 lbs

Looks like you have had a pretty big dip in August, six pounds in 2 weeks is "big". Congrats
  • SunnivalAmber
    SunnivalAmber Posts: 2 Member
    SW- 250 (probably higher at some point last year, but on January 1st I was 250)
    CW- 232
    GW- 150
    GWFA- 220

So I would definitely call myself a 'serial starter'. I've had about six different mfp accounts, and I've been losing the same ten pounds for years it seems. But this time I bit the bullet and joined a gym, as well. I have been bettering my diet this year, which dropped me down a dozen or so pounds, and made all my favorite clothes too baggy, lol, but I'd hit a wall with just diet. The only way I ever lost weight when I was younger was through exercise; I have the body type where if I am not constantly moving, the chub reappears. I've been a member for a week and a half now, and so far I have a good feeling about this. It'll probably fade once the excitement does, but for now I have absolute faith in the power of the gym to lose this weight!

Hopefully the workouts (four a week, plus a 30 min walk on non gym days) get my body back to losing, because i really feel like I should have lost more then I already have...
  • Smiles1952
    Smiles1952 Posts: 49 Member
    Smiles1952 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. This is my first time participating with your group.

SW: 244 6/18/19
    CW: 230
    GW: 160

My short term goals:

Do not obess over the scale. Weigh on Monday morning only! Enjoy the non scale victories (NSV).
    Log my food daily.
    Arobic exercise 5 times a week and reformer pilates 2 times per week.
    Weigh 225 by August 31.

August 15 - 226
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    I don't know how you guys do it.
    I've been doing this for a month and I'm exhausted.
    Kudos
  • Pascooty
    Pascooty Posts: 48 Member
    I forgot to add: Please add me as a friend if you'd like. 😊
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    ...Something about knowing where you've been and what you're capable of and the disappointment of not staying on track. I have a million reasons for why I started to gain weight but none of it matters because at the end of it all, I'm eating. ...I'm tired of feeling bad about myself. Usually I'm inspiring other ppl and now I just really need some inspiration. Help guys.

Miss Jazmine, I get it. One thing I've been focusing on this time around (3rd serious attempt, 4th if we count the one that lasted less than a month) is not beating myself up for past mistakes.

In my office is one of those inspirational posters that I usually really hate, but this one speaks to me. Its a picture of a lion and it says, "I never lose, I either win, or I learn". I liken this to the 4 attempts it took to quit smoking. Every time I restarted trying to quit it got easier because I learned from my past miss steps. Knowing I had been successful in the past made it easier to get through the hard days.

This go around with MFP has been easier than the first one and longer-lived than the other 2 attempts. I know now that I have to log every day, good, bad or ugly. I know that logging my weight is key - even when I gain. I know that weight loss isn't linear. You will gain on days when you don't deserve it a lose when you were off track. I also learned that weight loss isn't a done alone. Which is why I'm here on this forum, getting and giving support and encouragement from strong women, just like you.

• lnov530
    lnov530 Posts: 53 Member
    Ultimate Starting Weight: 285
    August starting weight: 261.8
    August Goal Weight: 255
    Current weight: 259.4
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150

Weigh in day Fridays
    8/2 261.8
    8/9. 260.0
    8/16 260.0
    8/23
    8/30
    9/1 (Labor Day)
  • GetZet
    GetZet Posts: 126 Member
    Back again. I’ve bumped along this year, fielding whatever is thrown at me, but my fitness plan has been the non-essential to be shed when keeping vigil, supporting family, sheltering and providing for extra children...

We may be facing one more death in this, our hell year, but it’s not here yet and I’ve not made it this far into 2019 by borrowing trouble.

So: my short term goal is to re-establish a routine. Mid-term goal is 40 lbs down. Somewhere in between, I’m aiming for 10 lbs., greater mobility and some visible muscle definition in roughly 4-6 weeks’ time. Nothing too crazy—this is a lifetime commitment, after all.
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Help, marriage stress has me not only gaining but not losing. Hubby is better, but I am doing worse. Go figure. Still logging, but getting frustrated. Any suggestions?
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    finngirl61 wrote: »
    Help, marriage stress has me not only gaining but not losing. Hubby is better, but I am doing worse. Go figure. Still logging, but getting frustrated. Any suggestions?

Stress hormones play havoc on your metabolism - your body holds on to water and fat. If exercise or even just long walks help you decompress, that may help both fronts. There are some guided meditation apps like Calm that can help you relax. But continuing to keep the habit of logging and being self aware of the situation will help you get through to the other side. Best of luck and know that we are all rooting for you.
  • NoHookUpZone
    NoHookUpZone Posts: 1,531 Member
    Ok I started the list on everyone ... I had a seperate inspiration for everyone. My computer messed up and I lost it all. Sorry :'(
    So here it is... you all are doing better then we all thought we could do. Everything sucess we individually have is an inspiration to the rest of us. Thank you for the inspiration.

My update. I was a bad girl. I had a weak week. 😥 However back on track. I gained only 1 pd.

Original starting weight -240
    August starting weight -240
    August goal -235
    Ultimate goal -145

1st -240
    10th- 234
    17th- 235

Total loss for August ... -5

You can do it!!