Am I really committing a crime against humanity?

Options

Replies

• Hyacinth_Hippo
    Hyacinth_Hippo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think some people who know they should be eating healthier take it as judgement when you make the right choices. But's that's in their own heads, and not something you can control anyways. I'm an all or nothing type person as well, and cutting things out is easier than moderation for me for now. I'm doing Keto, and boy do people have opinions about that. I've had to say a couple of times that I'm giving it a try and it's my body so it's my decision. It's made things tense but at least it stops the conversation. If someone tells me I should be eating something that's not a part of my plan I usually star by saying no thanks, I'm not feeling like cake (or whatever today), but I wouldn't mind another glass of water/ piece of cheese (or whatever I brought.) At the end of the day, you get to control what goes into your body.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I agree how annoying it is. It is also annoying that every single thing (birthday every day of december and january, dog had a birthday, you name it) at my work seems to be cause to bring in massive amounts of high calorie food and "indulge". I've learned to just accept the food sometimes. I just take a piece and don't end up eating it. Most of the time no one ends up noticing, but they stop bugging me, lol.
  • lorrichoo
    lorrichoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    And looking at the link someone posted about being an abstainer vs a moderator, I am definitely an abstainer
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    lorrichoo wrote: »
    And looking at the link someone posted about being an abstainer vs a moderator, I am definitely an abstainer

You might find Overeater's Anonymous meetings helpful and supportive :)

I don't personally care for the 12 Step model, but many do find it helpful. I have been to tons of 12 Step meetings, for myself and more for family and friends. When I had a problem with alcohol, I went to a few Smart Recovery and Rational Recovery meetings and resonated with this approach instantly. These are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy based, like the Beck Diet Solution linked on page 2 and mentioned above. RR no longer has in person meetings, but last I checked SR still does.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity are you underweight or at the low end of a healthy BMI?