Options
13»

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    RivkehS76 wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »
    1100 calories a day with 6 - 7 workouts?

Yep - it's a 6-week challenge program with nutritionists/trainers. 3-4 of the workouts are tough 45-min HIIT sessions, and I do yoga on the other days.

That's at least 1100 net....Right? #crossfingers
  • RivkehS76
    RivkehS76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

What happens after the challenge?

I go on American Ninja Warrior and WIN. ;-)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    RivkehS76 wrote: »

What happens after the challenge?

I go on American Ninja Warrior and WIN. ;-)

Lol! I am being serious. What is the plan when the challenge is over?

and if you are going on American Ninja Warrior that is super cool...
  • cjproietti38
    cjproietti38 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my 1:30 lunch and WOW. I've never demolished chicken like that in my life lol. I've been starving all day. I can already tell that this is going to be hard to transition into. It's definitely worth it though
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »

Interesting is that those who want to rain on the IF parade seem to be those who haven't experienced benefits or have gained weight following it. This is understandable.

I am a practitioner of the sensible, straight-forward, and scientifically proven. I still have a fair amount of weight to lose and I don't have the luxury to believe in "data" accumulated by uncontrolled methods. People fervently believe in ACV, detoxes, ear candling, and voodoo too. If you believe a bunch of N=1s you will be left believing everything out there.

The first thing you should do before accepting even your own N=1 is attempt to prove it wrong. All theories should be subjected to criticism and review. Even personal ones. This will make you a more trustworthy source instead of someone who defends anything IF that comes down the pipe. You don't seem to care that by supporting such things that you could be sending other people further from the path they need to be on to achieve their goals.

Thank you for your suggestion of what I should do but it isn't necessary. I'm comfortably at my ideal weight, am effortlessly maintaining it and don't need to prove it wrong. One of these days you might enjoy the same place and will find that you don't need to prove wrong what you did to get there. Wishing you the best.

I am at an ideal weight, fit and have great blood markers at 68. I've kept an open mind and used data based methods, most very different from yours.

There are many ways to get to the goal. There is no one tool that has a unique advantage.

Kudos to you on your fitness, health and wellness markers, impressive for an older man. Keep up the good work.

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my 1:30 lunch and WOW. I've never demolished chicken like that in my life lol. I've been starving all day. I can already tell that this is going to be hard to transition into. It's definitely worth it though

Spend a few minutes pondering if what you experienced was physical starving or mental starving. My guess is it was the latter. It gets easier the more time you have under your IF practice belt.

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

Yep the first time is a shock. You get used to it. The body has an amazing ability to adapt...
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love seeing how all these different forms of eating work for different people. Thanks for sharing everyone!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

While delaying your first meal is one of the most popular methods keep in mind that some people actually do better skipping dinner. I do understand that there are certain social elements to dinner that make it less desirable for some people to skip.

You should remember that the goal here is for this to end up being easier and having your hunger better controlled and what you are experiencing currently is the opposite of that. It is not time to abandon it but remember that it is not the answer for everyone so know when to call it if needed.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

Spend a few minutes pondering if what you experienced was physical starving or mental starving. My guess is it was the latter. It gets easier the more time you have under your IF practice belt.

Doesn't the IF is physiological, not just psychological, essentially endorse physical starving? That's kind of what saying autophagy is fixing things is saying - that getting in the physiology of starving has health benefits.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Well. I said I would report back on this day... yikes. This IF has been super hard. I now see where a lot of you were coming from now. The IF program doesn't really fit with my schedule. I've lost 7 lbs but I'm constantly hungry and I've been getting headaches. I will continue to eat healthy but I'll have to find times that work for me for my eating. Thanks for all the helpful advice again everyone!

It is wise to know when to let something go. Being miserable is not sustainable.

The 7 pounds is quite a bit. I know they were hard fought pounds and I hope all the rest you need or want to lose come much easier.