Over 40 - Christmas Challenge

Options

Replies

• dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all the 40+ team for the weigh in tomorrow, well done to every one reaching the water targets.
    The support from everyone has been fantastic.
    thanks a million.
    samhradh XXX

Fingers crossed for everyone tomorrow!!!!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Welcome to our new participants, babygurl48, sports2mom, maislecm and dids01. Each week as well as weighing in we set either an exercise or food goal to help us continue on a positive path of weight loss. When you weigh in on Mondays please share your progress with your goals as well.

If you are looking for the spreadsheet it can be found at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9TO0C9yuUFdDRUSTFvVkxJMlAtUVNMTk5qMTk5dmc&hl=en_US#gid=0

Thanks for joining us and good luck!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Well yesterday I was at my aunt's 80th birthday celebration and although I was under on my calories (barely and that includes my exercise calories as well) I did not eat healthy, so it is off for a 5 mile walk with the dogs this morning to get back on track!

Have a great day everyone.
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    New scale, I couldn't tell you if I really lost or gained. Ask me again next week. :grumble:

I met my water challenge for the week too. I think I have the hang of it.

This week's challenge: get in 5 days of walking, at least 30 minutes a walk.

Posting my numbers and updating my ticker:

SW - 192.5
    GW - 172 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 191 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 194.8 (Aug 29) ugh, new scale
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    New scale, I couldn't tell you if I really lost or gained. Ask me again next week. :grumble:

sorry to hear about this scales upset, keep positive you know you have worked hard.
    Samhradh
  • curlyjayne
    curlyjayne Posts: 120
    Options
    oh forgot to say my challenge this week is to run 18 miles x
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    _gwen I am sure when you weigh in next week on that new scale you will see success. Curlyjane awesome goal.

I have to add I just reached my monthly goal this morning of 100 miles walked for the month of August. YAY to all of us for continuing to work hard at this!
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'd love to join :flowerforyou:
    I'll be 50 on Boxing day, I've been married for 30 years. My son, 28, has just bought his first house with his girlfriend - I'm very proud! My daughter, 24, is engaged and has given me a beautiful grandaughter, now 9 months old.

I started my journey here on mfp in April. My head is in a much better place than during other attempts (mainly thanks to this site and all my wonderful friends here!). As well as loosing weight, I'm also focusing on exercise for the first time in my life! I'm on week 8 of c25k, and I would never have believed it, but now I love love love running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I also recently joined my local gym, and am swimming and working out therre as well.

I am the manager of a large country store not far from me, which keeps me really busy, but I'm determind to juggle everything and keep up the exercise!
    I want to get to my goal weight before I reach 50!

My nutritional goal this week is to ensure I am under my cals goal every day.
    SW - 148
    GW - 123 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 149 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 148 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
    Good luck to you all on your journeys. If anyone wants to add me, and want to give and recieve regular feedback and encouragement, look at my profile and add me if you like:)
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    OK, I gained 0.4 pounds this week, but I know that I stayed 99% on track for the week and if I continue doing the same things, the numbers will come down over the long term, so I'm not too bummed. I drank tons of water, between 10 and 13 cups everyday except for yesterday (where I just got the minimal 8), so I reached that goal this week. I walked everyday and did Aquacise on Tuesday and Thursday (I would do it everyday if I could, but the classes I go to are only twice a week. And now that our summer session is over, I can't even go that until the new session starts in late September.)

So again, my goal for the next week is to continue to drink at least 10 cups of water per day.

Also, we are going to be travelling from Thursday till next Monday, so my main goal will just be staying on track and logging while on the road and eating out (it's not going to be easy!)

We leave from home (Moncton, NB, Canada) on Thursday and travel to Portland, Maine. We will be staying one night in Portland and on Friday, we are heading to Boston to see the Red Sox. We are staying in Boston three nights and we'll be at Fenway Park Friday night and Sunday afternoon to see games against the Texas Rangers. Then we'll be driving home on Labour Day Monday (nine hours not including stops for gas, food, breaks, etc.)

I know we'll be doing lots of walking, as we always do when we're sightseeing, but I won't be measuring the mileage with my walking app as data roaming charges are exorbitant when travelling out of the country. I'm not sure how much chance I will get to log onto MFP, either. It will depend on having wifi access at a time that's convenient to sit down and log. I am also going to miss my weigh in day next week, so I'm not sure if it would be best to skip the week and just weigh in the following Saturday, or to weigh in Thursday morning before we leave (or maybe the Tuesday morning when we get back and then again Saturday.) I will have to decide what to do about that.

Oh, and I did reach my goal of walking 90km for August. (I know that pales in comparison to your 100 miles, dfeledichuk!) I had a couple of months that I had reached 84 or 86, so I set my goal at 90 for August. But, I will actually reach 100km this month (I'm at 99.98 right now, so I will probably reach 100 today as I intend to get another walk in this evening, weather permitting. And there are still three more days to walk this month.)

So anyway, here are the numbers. Even though I gained 0.4 pounds they basically stay the same. Last week's actual number was 281.8 and this week is 282.2, so they both round off to 282.

SW - 287
    GW - 265 (Dec 25)

Week 1 - 282 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 282 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - xxx (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - xxx (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I have to add I just reached my monthly goal this morning of 100 miles walked for the month of August. YAY to all of us for continuing to work hard at this!

Congrats on making the century mark- That is just awesome!!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to join this group! Currently in a monthly challenge, but want to keep it going. When I visit my folks, siblings, etc at Christmas, I will be below 200 lbs! About me, I am 42, divorced (twice, hey, i tried ;-), and my daughter will be starting her junior year at a university in another state. So, it is me & the cat. I work full-time at a desk all day.

Monday is my weigh-in day, so I have numbers for the last week that I missed here. I had lost 12 pounds using MFP since June, then gained three back. That is one slippery slope! Here I am to get serious about losing the weight.

GW - 199.9 (Dec 25)
    SW - 225.3
    Week 1 - 225.3 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - xxx (Aug 29) - nutrition goal: drink 8 cups of water per day (sounds like there was much success here with that!)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    Caroline nice to see you in another group. We are in a C25K group together and are both on Week 8 or I guess i just completed it. dfeledichuk and tannyb great job completing your walking/distance goals. I am still working on my summer challenge of 100 miles by September 1st I am really close after walking around Greenlake twice today almost 6 miles. So nice to see our new members too. Thanks dfeledichuk for providing a supportive place for us to work on our goals for the rest of this year.
    Keri
  • diane1370
    diane1370 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering if I can jump in on this challenge.

I am 48 years old and just started using this site today. My husband and I both work crazy shifts so we could never get together to exercise. With the crazy shifts its also hard to eat a normal meal together. My family members always tell me I will never lose weight with the schedules that we have and I really want to prove them wrong. With this challenge it will give me an incentive to chose the right foods and also to stay on an exercise program.

My goal for Christmas is 180 pounds.
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi there, just new here and wanted to see if I could join you! I am 43, live in Illinois and starting my weight loss journey again! It seems a never ending battle but I refuse to give up! I have a long story to tell, but I did used to be fit and fit about 9 years ago until my brother was killed in car accident (he was 39). I have struggled with many things since then but its time to get serious about taking care of myself again! Look forward to getting to know all of you and hearing your stories and advice. :)

Jenn
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sorry forgot to mention my goal at Christmas is 135! I am at 159 when I weighed last Friday.
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Guess what I did? I turned around!!!

How perfectly awesome! I'm impressed with your instinctive reaction.

Great job Christine!

An MFP friend also found another trick to stay away from the coffee stands. She mixes her morning chocolate protein powder into her black coffee for a healthy mocha.
    I need to try that! I can't seem to get away from my coffee creamer ( I love my coffee )...and that would be a much healthier coffee drink. Thanks :)
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Welcome cccaroline, that new grandbaby must keep you busy, and awesome for you being on week 8 of c25k.

Glad to have you, I will update the spreadsheet tomorrow when I put in everyone's weigh in data.
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Welcome jennibfit4life. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, it must have been devastating, and hard to get your head into a positive space. Glad you found us we are a pretty supportive group and hopefully you reach your goal this time. Welcome aboard.
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Welcome paxetamore, nice to have you. My daughter starts university next week so maybe you can give me all the pointers on how not to be a worrying mom LOL.

Glad to have you!
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Welcome diane1370 and I agree you will lose weight even though you have a crazy schedule, and what a great attitude wanting to prove them wrong! You go girl!

When you get a chance, I will need you starting weight to update our spreadsheet.

Thanks and welcome aboard!