Not losing weight or inches, Professional advice please!

Options
2»

Replies

• Omazed
    Omazed Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've been on Heul for 3 weeks doing a very similar diet to you. Lost 7lbs BUT at the sacrifice of potentially loosing muscle so the plan is to lose weight then get on the protein after the month is up.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    k3ll385 wrote: »
    We're off on a family holiday, so I'm going to take a break and reassess when I get home.

I'm going to take all the advice on board, and possibly look for a PT. Definitely going weigh my foods , and possibly try batch cooking.
    A busy mum of 3, working , and studying doesn't make it easy for me.

Thanks so much , it's really appreciated!

That should do the trick, but if after a month of meticulously weighing everything you are still not losing, change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings and have us take a look.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    You didnt mention if you are calorie counting? If yes, make the calorie goal lower. If not, start calorie counting. Changing what you eat isnt going to help if youre still eating too much. Youre probably eating back all the exercise calories too.
  • VeryKatie
    edited August 2019
    Options
    k3ll385 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback & questions 😁
    So I'm trying to get my head around it all , as it's so controversial. Do this , don't do that.
    I'm researching all the time and contemplating going to study fitness .

So I'm in a calorie deficit, my BMR is 1462 cals , so I've dropped to 1300 cals.

I'm not eating what I burn at the gym though. I really struggle to eat a huge plate of food. My 9 year old eats more than me!
    For example
    Breakfast- yogurt , raspberries, blueberries, honey. Protein shake.
    Mid AM snack - nuts
    Lunch- salad ham / prawn / tuna
    Mid PM snack -banana
    Dinner - sea bass , salmon, vegetables, potatoes.
    Drink plenty of fluids.

On a cheat night, it's normally a takeaway, but I always go for the healthiest option I can.

No more cheat nights. Youre undoing all your effort when you eat too many calories that night. You dont have to be strict with what you eat but you MUST be in a deficit to lose weight.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    3500 kcal = 1lb Fat.

If you are only eating a 100Kcal/day deficit it will take +1 month to lose 1lb. Probably why you have taken to this as you want faster results.

Chuck in the fact that you are not accurately weighing / logging your intake and having cheat meals you are definitely eating in a surplus. All that exercise probably counters the surplus hence why you are not seeing a change on the scales.

Just chill out, do the math and enjoy the process. You can't *kitten* this up :).

Except she is using bmr as her baseline not tdee. She probably burns 300 a day extra on top of her bmr just by living, not including exercise.

By the way op, many people believe it is not good for your organs to eat below your bmr for an extended period of time to lose weight.
  • Manga23
    Manga23 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Use an TDEE calculator, eat 500 calories below and then you've to lose weight.
    Forget BMR and certainly not eat under you're BMR.
    BMR is what you're body minimal needs to work properly
  • susan5481
    susan5481 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    And are you measuring all those things using a food scale? Protein scoops are pretty inaccurate, and nuts are very calorie dense.

How many calories in your takeaway meal? ‘Healthy’ isn’t always the same thing as ‘low cal’, and you could be undoing a lot of your work in your ‘cheat’.

This