I can't do it! I can't live with hunger

Options

Replies

• lillykimberly8710
    lillykimberly8710 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! I love food so much and have a hard time with calorie cutting.

I added nuts (usually almonds or walnuts) to my oatmeal and that really helped. Your body also needs a few extra calries during mentration, so maybe look to see if the times you are really hungry fall right before or during mentration. If so, give yourself a little grace and continue forward.

If you are going to snack before bed, add a little protien. I heard of a study that showed protien before bed helped stabilize blood sugar during the night.
  • MercuryForce
    MercuryForce Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Anabirgite wrote: »
    Before starting MFP I really thought was eating a lot of protein, as I started to track I discovered I was eating roughly 45 grams and as a fairly active female age 54 I was seriously undereating protein.

Tracking has been a huge eye-opener for me. I've also been working with a nutritionist, and when I first started on this, I told her that I assumed I was doing okay on protein and fat, and my biggest nemesis was carbs. Turns out I was all wrong...carbs are mostly good, maybe a little high sometimes, but nothing too far out of the range I've set. But, I'm eating way too little protein and my fat is consistently higher than I'd like it to be.

The problem I run into is a lot of the good ways to up protein, like yogurt, cheese, eggs, etc also have fat...I'm trying to get what I need out of diet rather than going to something like protein powders, but I maybe just have to try them out.

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    It seems as if angelkitten is no longer with us.
  • mystgrl28
    mystgrl28 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've found coffee to help with hunger pangs. Black is best, but I have mine with semi-skimmed milk and 2 sweeteners (37cals) and that suppresses my hunger for a few hours. Decaf works as well.