Your Favourite FUN Workouts!

Options
Hello! I'm notoriously lazy and hate exercising so I'm looking for something that I'll actually enjoy doing. Do you have a favourite workout plan that you have fun doing? I'd prefer something that I'm able to do at home. Thanks!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I mostly ride my bike, walk my dog, do some hiking and rock climbing here and there, and play in the pool with my kids.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Playing in the pool with the kiddo sounds like fun! I'd love to be the kind of person who enjoys the other stuff you've listed one day lol!
  • yelliezx
    Options
    Laser tag with my cousin's kids. Yes, I'm childish.

Childish?! I think not! I love laser tag. I need my son to get a bit older lol.
  • yelliezx
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    The most fun? That would be the battle royal that ensues at family get togethers. Apparently I am the default target for for my daughters and grandkids, and most of the nephews/nieces/great nephews/great nieces and cousins kids. Yes, it's a real workout and yes I always "lose" :D

But this is why I've been working out for years, so I can do things like that with my family. :)

LOL! That does sound like fun! I have a 19 month old and he's absolutely nuts so I feel like I'm going to get even more of a workout with him as he gets older.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    yelliezx wrote: »
    Playing in the pool with the kiddo sounds like fun! I'd love to be the kind of person who enjoys the other stuff you've listed one day lol!

I don't think of those things as exercise really...and certainly not a "workout"...I'm just recreationally active (unless I'm purposefully training for a ride or something).

Unfortunately, I'd say if recreational activity isn't appealing, I'd be hard pressed to think some kind of actual "workout" DVD or whatever would be appealing. I loath that stuff, but could ride for hours on end.

Maybe something like zumba or dancing?
  • yelliezx
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I don't think of those things as exercise really...and certainly not a "workout"...I'm just recreationally active (unless I'm purposefully training for a ride or something).

Unfortunately, I'd say if recreational activity isn't appealing, I'd be hard pressed to think some kind of actual "workout" DVD or whatever would be appealing. I loath that stuff, but could ride for hours on end.

Maybe something like zumba or dancing?

I'd count those as exercise but that's only because I have to try pretty hard just to get 5000 steps in a day!! So I feel like anything extra would be good enough for me.

The social house in my community is starting zumba classes next month so I was considering going! I even find Zumba difficult :D

• Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    yelliezx wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    The most fun? That would be the battle royal that ensues at family get togethers. Apparently I am the default target for for my daughters and grandkids, and most of the nephews/nieces/great nephews/great nieces and cousins kids. Yes, it's a real workout and yes I always "lose" :D

But this is why I've been working out for years, so I can do things like that with my family. :)

LOL! That does sound like fun! I have a 19 month old and he's absolutely nuts so I feel like I'm going to get even more of a workout with him as he gets older.
    That's one of the most fun ages with kids. I hope you have as much fun as I did, and still do :)
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Boxing is fun because you get all your anger out productively. Hiking and horse trail riding because you get to go on adventures
  • yelliezx
    Options
    Boxing is fun because you get all your anger out productively. Hiking and horse trail riding because you get to go on adventures

Ohhh boxing sounds like fun! I think my anger may be better served in something like that rather than road raging :D
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Nordic skiing, riding a bike, hiking, scrambling, climbing, swimming outdoors, bike polo, trail running, trail maintenance, etc.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Kayaking, hiking, Zumba, ballroom dancing, yoga, biking, snorkeling, hula hooping (oh, I think I will do that tonight!)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    Cycling long distances.
    Hiking up a mountain.
    Canoeing around a lake.
    Cross country skiing on a col but sunny afternoon.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Not to sound repetitive but... hiking, rock scrambling, trail running, anything with a ball, playing with kids, dance parties, so much more.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I've always enjoyed walks/jogs outdoors. Get yourself a nice jogging stroller and take your son out. You can stop every few minutes and do strength exercises if you want more of a circuit style.
    You can do exercise videos online during naps.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Dancing is my fun exercise but I LOVE weight training!
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Roller skating. Burns more calories than you would think.
  • Daveybaseball
    Daveybaseball Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I usually lyft weights and do body weight exercies maybe 3 sometimes 4 times a week and cardio. I do about 30 mins of body weight exercises and dumbells and then 30 mins of cardio. I often use my elliptical for cardio. I recently after several years of not doing so went biking and have a couple times now this summer. Ive started adding in biking 2 times a week now for 20-40 mins for an additional cardio workout. I do all home workouts. I also walk a lot to. I lost a good amount of weight doing body weight exercises and lyfting with dumbells and the elliptical and also walking a lot. Now im just adding biking in a couple times a weeks to change it up and keep it fun so that I can continue to keep the weight off. Feel free to add me or message me if anyone needs a little advice or tips if they are trying to loose a little. Everyone is different so you just have to find what works for u and gets u results. Im happy to share with people if they want what I personally did. The answer might surprise some of you slightly as it’s very doable if you can stick to it for a good amount of time and several months depening on how much weight u are trying to loose.