Replies

• rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    I want in definately
  • MakinMoves
    MakinMoves Posts: 364
    Options
    WHOO HOOO....JUST A NOTE TO SAY HOW FABULOUS YOU ALL ARE DOING!!!!!

We love seeing the encouraging words and the dedication you all have!!!

If you haven't sent your Starting Weights to your captain, be sure to post them asap...

See You Soon!:heart:
    MakinMoves and AthenaWho
  • MakinMoves
    Options
    :explode: CHALLENGE OF THE LIVING DEAD - PART 2
    :explode: GROUND RULES

1. NO CHEATING. Seriously people, its not like we're going to hunt you down to find out if your fibbing but if we find out you will be booted from the team. Its pretty lame if you're lying on a little online competition that is aimed to help you. Not to mention you'd only be hurting yourself.

2. WEEKLY UPDATES/WEIGH-INS/CHECK-INS. Weekly challenges will be posted on Sundays by Midnight EST. You will need to report your weekly numbers to your Captain on Sundays by 9pm EST. (NO MORE SPREADSHEETS FOR THOSE PREVIOUSLY INVOLVED). Weekly challenge results will be posted by midnight on Mondays.

3. SCORING. The challenges will be based primarily on percentage (to make it fair for all, even if the teams become uneven). There will also be Bonus Points each week. These add significantly to your totals.

4. TEAM THREADS/MAIN THREADS. We will have this as our MAIN CHALLENGE thread. This is where you will see communication for both teams. Each team will also have their own thread. This will help build the support your looking for, encourage each other, and your captains will be able to get your numbers here as well. Make friends. Build a support system. Besides chopping/shooting off imaginary zombie heads that's the fun of this thing. This is not some roleplaying game but this isn't intended to only be something where you talk about zombies either (although always welcome!).

5. CHALLENGES. The challenges will mainly be physical, with some bonus point challenges that may not be. Since the physical portion will be based on percentage…you have a great opportunity to challenge yourself. If you find that the weekly challenge is easier for you…by all means…DO MORE….this will only add to your weekly percentage and boost your teams rankings up.

6. WANNA MAKE THIS BETTER? As you know, we are in transition. Please, if you guys have any ideas how to make this even better let us know. We’d be happy to try and incorporate suggestions. We want this to be awesome for you guys and we are both brand new to this….so any ideas/tips/etc are more than welcome and encouraged!

:explode: PLEASE FRIEND THE CAPTAINS OF THIS CHALLENGE: ATHENAWHO AND MAKINMOVES

Team Explosives Thread
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/323448-team-explosives-challenge-of-the-living-dead-part-2-clo

Team Ranged Thread
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/323450-team-ranged-challenge-of-the-living-dead-part-2-closed

****************************************************************************************
    :explode: REMINDER: RESULTS NEED TO BE IN BY 9PM EST TODAY :explode:
    ****************************************************************************************

There Are 14 Hours Left To Show This Week's Challenge Who's Boss!!!
    Put A Little Extra In Where You Can Today & Make It Count!

POSTING YOUR RESULTS

You will post your results on your TEAM THREAD as your captain will be gathering and reporting all of your numbers.

As you begin to post your final numbers...it would be a great help if you could post them like this:

WEEK 7 RESULTS
    CW: xxx
    Miles: xx/25
    Airplanes: xx/40
    Friends: YES or NO

That will help us greatly to go through the posts (and will help when we want to look back and see how far you've come too)!:love:

You'll also notice...you don't have to list HOW MANY people you friended...you just have to say YES you became friends with your teammates. (So everyone should have a yes there right!?!?)

We wanted to be sure that you guys truly built a support system for this challenge. We are all in this weight loss/fitness thing together and we all could use all the motivation/encouragement/support we can get! So...as long as you became friends with your teammates (doesn't matter if who friended who first)...you get the bonus points!

That's All For Now! See You At The Bunker!
    xoxox:heart:
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options

You will gain 1 bonus point for your team for EVERY person you reach out individually (and friending them with a message counts!)

GO TO IT!
    Have A Great Week:heart:

So will it just be a bonus point for a YES instead? Thanks.
  • MakinMoves
    Options

That's correct...the goal is to be sure you reached out to your team to get a great support system going!

And...tomorrow when results are posted, Athenawho will be able to explain the scoring, etc....
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options

That's correct...the goal is to be sure you reached out to your team to get a great support system going!

And...tomorrow when results are posted, Athenawho will be able to explain the scoring, etc....

Great, cheers.
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My end of the week results!

48.5miles and 40 airplane poses! Wooo Could of done more but I had a long weekend with the hubby so I got a little lazy hehe <3 Go team ranged! Can't wait for the next challenge!
  • MakinMoves
    Options
    WEEK 8 (8/29-9/4)
    CHALLENGE POSTED BELOW....

:explode: STORYLINE
    It’s been a grueling haul. You’re in desperate need of basic supplies and you’re exhausted after facing all the zombies lurking on the cliffs. You do, however, feel a glimmer of relief knowing you made it to the 25 mile mark. This place is barren and deserted, with the exception of the undead laying all over. You can tell there’s been no sign of life for a while. Off in the distance you see a small hill that seems to be out of place.

The team heads over the pitted terrain, being careful to kill the undead that are awakening at the smell of human life again. Once you arrive to the bunker, you search for something to get the door open. Shouts from your teammates are heard…“I’ve got my crowbar”…”You can use my grenade”…”I’ve got a machete”…All of you have been carrying various survival items in your pack. LANTERN823 takes a pickaxe to the door and breaks the lock. Anticipation builds as you join together in attempts to bust the door open. It’s heavy, you cannot do it alone, several of your teammates help you and the door finally swings open.

With your adrenaline still racing…you peer into the bunker only to find...empty darkness! BABYDULL lights a flare and tosses it down. It seems to go for eternity…but it finally hits the bottom. It’s difficult to see with the nothing but the light of the flare, but you refuse to waste your supplies. BRENTGETSFIT & MELISSARAETERRY volunteer to go first. As they begin to make their way, they realize some of the steps are missing…they warn the teams that they’ll have to lower themselves down over the missing steps to ensure everyone makes it down safely.

You and your team can only imagine what awaits you down there. Would there be other survivors…Bountiful supplies…More ammunition…Radio communication? You won’t know until you make quick work of those stairs…and be careful on those missing steps!

:explode: CHALLENGE SUMMARY
    To Make 100% Of This Week’s Challenge…You’ll Need To Complete:

*Choose A Personal Weapon & Share It With Your Team (To Help You Along The Way)
    *2500 Stairs (To See What Awaits You Inside)
    *60 Tricep Dips (Lowering Yourself Over The Missing Steps)

:explode: CLARIFICATION / BACKGROUND

*Choose A Personal Weapon: This is an item you carry in your survival pack and would not be able to make it without. You must share a tip with your team…something that keeps you going on your weight loss/fitness journey (your key to survival). Share your weapon with your team.

*Only GOING UP THE STAIRS counts. Even though the bunker is underground…this challenge is to go UP 2500 stairs. You can use actual stairs in your home or a building…or a stair climber type machine.

*Aerobic steps or Wii steps do count, however, a four-count (up, up, down, down) is considered 1 Step.

*This is a re-visit of our very first challenge in July. We had to get out of the building by climbing stairs. Let’s see how far you’ve come…and for those who just joined us…make great work of those stairs…we may see them again.

*Tricep Dips can be as low or high intensity as you choose (here are some examples)
    Bent Leg: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=124
    Straight Leg: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=125

As always, challenge yourself to do the highest percentage you can...If you have any questions or need modifications...let your captain know.

Have A Fabulous Week!
    Get To It:heart:
  • xcountryguy
    xcountryguy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't have a standard step aerobic thingie. I do have a flight of stairs but I'd rather be at a place where I can watch TV and keep walking. Any suggestions for a standard household item I can use?
  • MakinMoves
    Options
    I don't have a standard step aerobic thingie. I do have a flight of stairs but I'd rather be at a place where I can watch TV and keep walking. Any suggestions for a standard household item I can use?

Last time people made mention of using stacks of books....I'm not sure how safe that turned out though:wink:

Definately reach out to your teammates for their suggestions too.

Enjoy!
  • KimberlyDenice
    Options
    28/40 40/40..lost 2.5pds
  • punk_mama
    Options
    Yicks 2500!!! Good thing I work on the 3rd floor and there are 5 floors maybe i will try to go to the top every time i am going up!!! might try the stair thing at the gym but I feel like I will fling off the thing like a dummy!!!
    :explode: :explode: Go team explosives!!:explode: :explode:
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    well i don't have a step but there are 14 stairs in my house, how many times do i go up?
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options

48.5miles and 40 airplane poses! Wooo Could of done more but I had a long weekend with the hubby so I got a little lazy hehe <3 Go team ranged! Can't wait for the next challenge!

48.5miles ??? dang, girl! glad you're on my team!
  • MelissaRaeTerry
    MelissaRaeTerry Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

48.5miles ??? dang, girl! glad you're on my team

Yea, I really did a lot of cycling and running last week!
    Weapon Choose (To Help You Along The Way)
    *2500 Stairs (To See What Awaits You Inside)
    *60 Tricep Dips (Lowering Yourself Over The Missing Steps)

This should be interesting... I don't usually incorporate stair stepping into my workouts, good thing I live on the fourth floor of my building! hehe.....todays workout was killer! Took place on the football field, six sets of 10 dips, jog across the field sprint up the hill run down jog back across the field then run up the 30 steps! Not to mention every bathroom break a walk up and down 3 flts of stairs twice (60 total) I'm going to make this challenge my B**** !!!! haha
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    will the 1st weeks results be posted???
  • CirrusMoth
    Options

Lucky for you, I think I've walked every inch of this city by now. ;-)

It you go down to the River Walk here in town there are double flights of concrete stairs (landing between) you can use; also there is a long wooden staircase behind the YMCA that also leads down there. Either of those might be helpful if the weather is nice and you want to be outside.

As for indoors, I'd be careful about using makeshift steps. I don't want you to hurt yourself on something unsteady. If you just want a single step (like with step aerobics), there is something you should have that would be pretty stable. If your bed has a box spring, just push the mattress back about a foot. Then you can step up onto the box spring and if you fall, the mattress is there to catch you. Of course, do be careful if your bedroom has a low ceiling. ;-) I tried this on mine and it works great!
  • dmnosu17
    dmnosu17 Posts: 55
    Options
    Last time I ductaped 2 phone books together it was pretty sturdy!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    how do you count walking up stairs?
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    on real life stairs most people place one foot on one step and push up to the next one, so count each step as 1.

on an aerobic step, potty step (lol), cinder block it's left up, right up, left down, right down,1

on a little step like wii it's gonna be a 4:1 ratio - so do the steps and then divide by 4.