No snacks? Seriously?

In the last week, I've read two posts that claimed to have snack free eating habits.

How does one even do that for a day?

I've got crackers and cheese, grapes, oranges, Annies bunny cookies, sometimes (don't go there...lol). I do about 300 calories a day for snacks out of my 2250 allotment.

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    I snack and have throughout my weight loss. But I always have calories left over at the end of the day.

I love crunchy stuff - crackers, puffs and chips.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    My calorie suggested amount by mfp is around 2000 a day. I was eating mostly fish, vegetables, yogurt and fruit for my meals. I wasn't making my 2000 so I added in peanuts, a healthy snack and I ate about 800 calories a day in peanuts actually.

Its important to eat how you want to. Recently I started eating at night too. I think I was so used to calories coming in so frequenly during the day that I would wake up hungry for snacks. I put on 5 pounds doing that and got a bit over my maintenance window. I was still in my middish bmi healthy range but I could see the writing on the wall.
    I got a feeling I should reign things in and deal. Hence I have been testing and trying ways to eat in a time regulated window without snacks.

I personally feel much better without snacks.

I agree completely with anyone who enjoys grazing or snacking if it suits them, then do it. Its the joy of being an adult, unoppressed and a completely free agent in your choices.