What's on your mind?

Replies

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    I wonder if everyone's internet personality is the same as their real life personality. 🤔

I am exactly the same in real life as I am on here, including being nutters about cats.

I'm a little bit different. For example, I don't post as many memes in real life.

You also have a face in real life. I mean, presumably. :D
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    BW__NOT wrote: »
    Girl I'm sorry I was blind....

Little things I could have said and done, I just never took the time
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Someone's enjoying the lack of the Woo button. :D

Is it bad, I feel more happy about the reaction the Wooer must be feeling. What will their lashings, of their woo fingers do now?

zn8lwhi05guf.gif

You know talking about wooing (or any reaction) just encourages that person (or people) to woo (or react to) you more. I did an experiment once.

vdjr1k7241j3.png
    odrollpyv46e.png
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    I wonder if everyone's internet personality is the same as their real life personality. 🤔

I go off vibes in real life. I observe body language, and eyes within small talk conversation. Online I have outbursts of sharing what’s on my mind. IRL, if I get the vibe you don’t like me then we aren’t holding a conversation. I keep it moving and like being myself around people worth spending time on.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    k8eekins wrote: »
    OMG! Children returning from music tenor horn classes ... Our street is blaring with such horrendous noise, not music. 😫😱

I'm laughing at this so hard! I wanted to head out there Islander-New Year's style drumming to drown their noise pollution ... And to catch their reactions.

Cold water dousing would have quickly ended that noise pollution. Camp Pendleton gives us a noise advisory for firing, tank firing etc... It lulls me to sleep. Last night's ruckus... Just no.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

I am exactly the same in real life as I am on here, including being nutters about cats.

I'm a little bit different. For example, I don't post as many memes in real life.

7vssve7mcau1.gif
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member

7vssve7mcau1.gif

Yams are the closest I get to pumpkin spice.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    How do you stay on track when you’re severely depressed and burnt out from something completely unrelated? 🤔
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    How do you stay on track when you’re severely depressed and burnt out from something completely unrelated? 🤔

*I* don't. Which is a struggle. Things that help:

Cardio, 30 minutes, can help me a ton. Nothing crazy. A walk, especially if I can take it outdoors, is probably the best tool in my arsenal
    Get good sleep, melatonin-induced if need be (cause if something's bothering me, I'm more likely to stay up later than I should when the alarm goes off at the same time each morning)

Good luck! I fail more than I win, but I try to focus on the wins :)
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

Cardio, 30 minutes, can help me a ton. Nothing crazy. A walk, especially if I can take it outdoors, is probably the best tool in my arsenal
    Get good sleep, melatonin-induced if need be (cause if something's bothering me, I'm more likely to stay up later than I should when the alarm goes off at the same time each morning)

Get out of my head.
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Reckoner68 wrote: »

Get out of my head.

It's warm in here and I don't want to leave
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Chantily Lace
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member

I go off vibes in real life. I observe body language, and eyes within small talk conversation. Online I have outbursts of sharing what’s on my mind. IRL, if I get the vibe you don’t like me then we aren’t holding a conversation. I keep it moving and like being myself around people worth spending time on.

Well said, A! I also feel it's very easy to pass judgement (that isn't necessarily truth) when you're reading someone's words. I guess it all boils down to perception, and perception doesn't equal reality.

And there lies one of the problems with social media !
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    ghudson92 wrote: »
    It is my cat's 16th birthday tomorrow and I didn't get her a gift yet

Get her a box.

kwvwz4djdbp9.jpg

She actually doesn't like boxes. It's very strange. I may just let her have a whole dairylea triangle as that's all she ever thinks about anyway.