• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Broh. My broh.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    big elaborate funerals. i just don't get it. like i *get* that its more for the grieving, but i've grieved for people too and it never helped me at the time. i just don't think i have the capacity to understand it i guess.

like when i go, i just want someone to wrap me up in a cheap great value brand trash bag from walmart and yeet me into a hole in the ground and be done with it.

100% agree

My brother and I were talking about this today...he said he doesn't want anything elaborate and fancy (said he hopes he just 'disappears' and there is no big deal.

For me too, I kinda hope I just die in the wilderness somewhere and am left alone. Not likely to happen.
    If I don't, I want to be buried, not cremated.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    big elaborate funerals. i just don't get it. like i *get* that its more for the grieving, but i've grieved for people too and it never helped me at the time. i just don't think i have the capacity to understand it i guess.

like when i go, i just want someone to wrap me up in a cheap great value brand trash bag from walmart and yeet me into a hole in the ground and be done with it.

100% agree

My brother and I were talking about this today...he said he doesn't want anything elaborate and fancy (said he hopes he just 'disappears' and there is no big deal.

For me too, I kinda hope I just die in the wilderness somewhere and am left alone. Not likely to happen.
    If I don't, I want to be buried, not cremated.

In my family, we don't have funerals at all. No offense to anyone meant, but I've always felt that putting the body on display is just gross. If the family feels there must be something, a graveside service is okay with me. I myself have it in writing that I want to be cremated and no service at all. Whoever grieves me, can do so in the privacy of their home.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    For some reason, my weigh in tomorrow is on my mind. Although I am staying under my calorie goal, I have made more of an effort to stay closer to the goal. One day I went over my protein allowance and one day I really took a hit on sodium.
  • mojo4717
    mojo4717 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Everyone else is on holidays festivals or a night out with their spouses ..,then there’s me , goes nowhere no dates or holidays or nights out 🙄
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Someones effort is a direct reflection of how much somebody prioritizes you or the amount of genuine interest they have in you. When I stop putting in a bulk of the effort, I just observe for a bit and soon realize I truly know all I need to know at that point.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Trying to choose my most demure conservative dress to wear to my friend's church for her Anniversary Concert. I can take the usual criticism I get when I do attend this church and send it to my booty, for booty gains inspiration. Lol. It's usually delivered in such a b*tchy way, that it's hard to take the snide as a compliment. For clarity, I have an atypical swimmers butt, so being told that my behind is huge amongst women who are walking bubble butts or shelf butts, who put Kim K to shame, takes all the mustering I can conjure. Psyche in. Focus on my purpose of being there ... To support my friend ... Ignore the b*tches.
  • competeagain
    competeagain Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    My kids better bring me some cotton candy from the fair or I'm locking them out.

That’s no good for ya hahaha
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    My neighbor's cat died yesterday. :'(

We are good friends, and she often watches my cat when I'm out of town. She had come pounding on my door yesterday, beside herself that her cat was in terrible distress. I went to her apartment and tried to help, clumsily enough that I got bitten while trying to check the cat's mouth for breathing obstructions, and then drove them to the emergency vet. By the time we got there it was too late: Kitty had passed on. (The doctor thought she must have thrown a blood clot.)

I drove us back home, took a break, and then went to urgent care for the cat bite. Got a tetanus shot and antibiotics. There was some concern because a cat who was not current on her vaccinations had bitten me and then died within the hour (she was indoor-only, but had access to a 3rd-floor balcony). But the cat had been normally behaved up until an hour before her death, the bite had been provoked, and there have been two - count them, two - rabid bats found in this state in the last thirty years. I figure my chances of getting rabies are about as high as my chances of getting struck by lighting - while riding a yak.

Mostly, yesterday was just a sad and difficult day; and I've got a sore shoulder, ten days worth of antibiotics, and a hole in my finger to show for it. So I just wanted to vent some.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Im in Vegas.....so hyped about tonights fight that i cant even be bothered with all the beautiful prostitutes that think " im so fine".......;)

Are they giving your wink a winky dink ? Bwahahah! 😄🤣😃😄🤣😃

Eta: So jealous you're getting to watch the fight LIVE.
  • 777Gemma888
    edited September 2018
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    My kids better bring me some cotton candy from the fair or I'm locking them out.
    😃🤣😄 ... My mother constantly did this ALL the time back when I was a teenager. I had to climb up the log knots to get into my room. Only that it was traditional Earth baked desserts.